Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I have just discovered these delicious cookies called WhoNu cookies , and wanted to find else who else knows about these cookies. or might know of any other delicious good for you desserts that people could have.

WhoNu cookies are supposedly full of as much fiber as a bowl of cereal , as much calcium and vitamin D as an 8 oz glass of mil and supposedly they have as much vitamin C as a cup of blueberries. They are nutrition cookies that come in chocolate chip and oreo like cookies that come in Chocolate and vanilla

So what other dietary desserts do you know about that a person on a diet could have? Lets discuss them here.
Hungry Girl has a lot of recipes that are slimmed down. I've never personally tried them down. They're a bit processed at times.

Though the best thing I've found...
1-ingredient ice cream! It's pretty much just food processing a nicely ripened frozen banana.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
xAliceJae
Hungry Girl has a lot of recipes that are slimmed down. I've never personally tried them down. They're a bit processed at times.

Though the best thing I've found...
1-ingredient ice cream! It's pretty much just food processing a nicely ripened frozen banana.

I’ll have to keep that in mind and look at that.
Yum Ice cream.. I could certainly do that for a dessert.
Tsuki_Kirkland

here's a link for the um, recipe.
: D I should pick up bananas for that actually. I'm lactose-intolerant and I'm getting sick of my yogurt popsicles. ~___~

oh. yeah. yogurt popsicles are yummy too. biggrin You just need to buy a popsicle mold, or maybe use an ice cube tray? It tastes pretty good with pretty much any yogurt. I like it with greek yogurt.

Devoted Fairy

11,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pie For All! 300
I've heard of those cookies before. My brother's on a healthy food kick and picked some up. Neither he nor I were especially crazy over them, but in all honesty they were better than I thought they'd be!

I have to say, though, I'm more of an Oreo cookie/junk food kind of gal. I love my Oreo cookies. An online friend of mine in another role play forum off Gaia recommended to put the Oreo cookies in the freezer for a little while and eat them cold. It's pretty good! I'd recommend it on the days you splurge and treat yourself for doing well on a diet! User Image

Shadowy Entrepreneur

6,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Invest in a Hungry Girl cookbook. Yeah, her recipes do tend to involve a lot of heavily processed ingredients but they taste good and they're insanely low cal.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
xAliceJae
Tsuki_Kirkland

here's a link for the um, recipe.
: D I should pick up bananas for that actually. I'm lactose-intolerant and I'm getting sick of my yogurt popsicles. ~___~

oh. yeah. yogurt popsicles are yummy too. biggrin You just need to buy a popsicle mold, or maybe use an ice cube tray? It tastes pretty good with pretty much any yogurt. I like it with greek yogurt.

Thank you for the recepie, I never realized you could make ice cream simply from Bananas . Oh yes I’d forgotten popsicles, those do make a good dessert especially when made from Kool aid. I’ve never heard of making them with yogurt though, I may try that.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Fashion Fascist
Invest in a Hungry Girl cookbook. Yeah, her recipes do tend to involve a lot of heavily processed ingredients but they taste good and they're insanely low cal.

I may consider that, I have a bad sweet tooth and it would really be good for me to find some low cal desserts that I can use. I’ll have to look into Hungry Girl next time I hit the bookstore.

Dapper Gekko

16,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Fruit salad made only with fresh fruit, no canned sugary crap. wink

Dapper Ladykiller

Dietary dessert?

Have a fruit. biggrin

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Zetsuki

I’ve never really thought of fruit salad as a dessert, but it probably could be. That is interesting, thanks for the suggestion

Original Lunatic

Make sorbet. It can be frugal, and it's always delicious and healthy.

I make sorbet with overripe fruit I find on the discount rack at the grocery store. A watermelon with a dent in it, a pack of strawberries that are a day away from being bad. No problem!

Cut the bad parts off, blend it all up with some sugar or sweetener of choice, a tablespoon of vodka so it stays smooth, pop it in the freezer for a little while and voila, fresh fruit sorbet!

There are TONS of recipes online, and you can use any fruit or fruit combination you can think of. I love watermelon sorbet, and making a kind of frozen yogurt/fruit sherbert is easy too if you want it creamier. Just add plain or any flavored yogurt to your fruit mixture. I like vanilla yogurt and cantaloupe.

Dapper Gekko

16,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Tsuki_Kirkland
Zetsuki

I’ve never really thought of fruit salad as a dessert, but it probably could be. That is interesting, thanks for the suggestion

^^
Instead of whipped cream you can use Creme Fraiche or sour cream with some vanilla. wink

Fatcat

Banana Icecream!

There is no cream or sugar in it. (:

Instructions:
Chop an extremely ripe banana and put the slices in the freezer overnight. Bring them out and using a mixer, blend it until they form little pieces. Do not blend so that it becomes liquid! Then, add peanut butter, chocolate chip...Whatever you want! Mix in a mixer so that it's well incorporated and then enjoy! The texture is very much like ice cream. For a sweeter ice cream, use riper bananas. C:
Hey OP!
http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com
I remembered this website. :3 Again, I haven't really tried the recipes, but based on the ingredients, they don't sound bad. Click on recipe box to find more specific things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff