Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green Smoker

Gautu
Morgue
Would breakfast burritos go over well with your coworkers? You can make them with potatoes, eggs, peppers, onions, cheese or other veggies & leave a meat option on the side. Batch cook the ingredients, roll them up the night before & warm them up right before serving.

ohh this one sounds good ill try it too 3nodding whee

You know what's nice about the breakfast burritos? You can make a batch at one time, wrap them in freezer paper or plastic wrap & then put them into a big freezer bag & freeze them for a quick breakfast later on. To heat them up you just take them out of the wrapper you froze them in, wrap them in a paper towel & zap them in the microwave for a minute or two.

What I'd like to try next using my muffin tin is to make mini pancakes. I imagine you can shallow fill them with just a little batter so they come out thin & then bake them. I think I may try that out with my silicone muffin pan instead of my traditional tins, that way I can gently flex the pan & they should pop right out. Traditionally made pancakes freeze very well for a reheat-able breakfast too. Muffin tins are also great for making tiny egg frittatas. You can do so much with a muffin tin. Even make bacon cups. emotion_awesome

Green Smoker

Inscriven
I make calabacitas pretty often, and since squash is in season and grows like weeds it's pretty affordable.

I don't have exact measurments, but roughly around 2:1:1/2 Squash, Tomatoes, and Onion, sliced and cooked in olive oil until the squash is tender and a little time before it's done cooking add either Queso Fresco/Panela or if you don't have access to Mexican cheeses, then either a crumbly fresh cheese, or even mozzarella. Serve with fried eggs, or by itself in taquitos.

If you wanted to vegan it up you could combine that with Tofu Scramble.

Could also do Chilaquiles, or Eggs Benedict.

Oh my gosh, calabacitas sound so awesome! I've gotta make them for breakfast this weekend. Great suggestion!

Sparkling Mage

13,225 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Inscriven
I make calabacitas pretty often, and since squash is in season and grows like weeds it's pretty affordable.

I don't have exact measurments, but roughly around 2:1:1/2 Squash, Tomatoes, and Onion, sliced and cooked in olive oil until the squash is tender and a little time before it's done cooking add either Queso Fresco/Panela or if you don't have access to Mexican cheeses, then either a crumbly fresh cheese, or even mozzarella. Serve with fried eggs, or by itself in taquitos.

Ah I've never heard of calabacitas.
Would cotija work? Or is it too bland of a cheese?

Sparkling Mage

13,225 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Morgue
Gautu
Morgue
Would breakfast burritos go over well with your coworkers? You can make them with potatoes, eggs, peppers, onions, cheese or other veggies & leave a meat option on the side. Batch cook the ingredients, roll them up the night before & warm them up right before serving.

ohh this one sounds good ill try it too 3nodding whee

You know what's nice about the breakfast burritos? You can make a batch at one time, wrap them in freezer paper or plastic wrap & then put them into a big freezer bag & freeze them for a quick breakfast later on. To heat them up you just take them out of the wrapper you froze them in, wrap them in a paper towel & zap them in the microwave for a minute or two.

What I'd like to try next using my muffin tin is to make mini pancakes. I imagine you can shallow fill them with just a little batter so they come out thin & then bake them. I think I may try that out with my silicone muffin pan instead of my traditional tins, that way I can gently flex the pan & they should pop right out. Traditionally made pancakes freeze very well for a reheat-able breakfast too. Muffin tins are also great for making tiny egg frittatas. You can do so much with a muffin tin. Even make bacon cups. emotion_awesome

I'm going to have to try the freezing Burritos for the days I have to be at the hospital by 6am. Bleh
Potato blini with soft scrambled eggs and chive. Easy simple and if you know what you're doing; elegant.

Sparkling Mage

13,225 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Kyotogero
Potato blini with soft scrambled eggs and chive. Easy simple and if you know what you're doing; elegant.

I'll have to try that for my family.

Liberal Sex Symbol

amisam
Inscriven

Ah I've never heard of calabacitas.
Would cotija work? Or is it too bland of a cheese?

I think that'd be fine, but i would add that at the end when it's done cooking since cotija doesn't seem to melt well/at all.

Enduring Phantom

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Breakfast strata. That is all.

Inquisitive Rogue

15,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Threadmaster 200
You could make a couple of quiches?

Maybe three to four would be enough and are relatively cheap to make. Easy to make the day before and just need to be heated up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff