Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Cookies?

<3 0.84 84.0% [ 21 ]
0.16 16.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
< 1 2

I don't really have a pan to put in the oven so I use aluminum(sp?) foil. When the cookies llok like they are done check by poking it with a knife or a toothpick. And I don't greese the foil cause usually cookies have the butter or oil in it when you mixed it together and are already oily. xp I'M THE MASTER AT MAKING COOKIES! *cough*cough* just kidding! But when I had my class bake sale my cookies were sold out! T~T wait thats a good thing right? sweatdrop My cookies were sugar cookies and had my homemade icing on it! mrgreen Please order the type of cookies you want at this number:1-800-M-A-T-T-R-E-S-S. JUST KIDDING!!! I don't really have my own number for my cookies! Although I want one though*mutter*mutter*.......
Also, something I've noticed with baking cookies is that if margarine is used in the recipe the cookies have a tendancy to burn more. However your oven could run 25 degrees hotter than it says it does. I think a lot of ovens are 25 degrees cooler or warmer. If you think it's too warm then just lower the oven by that many degrees.
The bake time is only an estimate and will change for almost every oven you use and for different kinds of cookies. My oven at home tends to burn things so the cook time must be shortened but my oven at school needs waaay more time than the package says.

Remember! If the cookies look done in the over they are already going to end up burnt. They cook a bit after the get out of the oven, you could stop the process earlier by removing them right away from the cookie sheet but you would run the risk of the cookies falling apart. You should let the cookies cool a bit on the baking sheet and let them finish cooking. Not to mean you take out the cookies when they're raw but with trial and error you should be able to find the perfect time for your cookies.
IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Parchment paper and wax paper only share the name of "paper". Wax paper should never be subbed for parchment paper because it will MELT.
Remember to always check on them/take them out to check on the least amt. of cooking time on the directions 3nodding

I've always done that and they come out fabulous
Wow, I never expected so many replies~ whee
Anyways, I'll be sure to jot them all down, and see what works best with my baking pan and oven~ heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff