Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Cookies?

<3 0.84 84.0% [ 21 ]
0.16 16.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 >

So I like baking cookies, but every time I do, they burn. gonk heart
Do things like the baking pan and the size of the oven matter?
Ermmm yeahhh.
._____.
I think it all depends on the oven, but the best way to combat burning is just to keep checking up on them frequently and take them out just as they are golden-brown, even if they are still quite soft. They harden up once they cool down, anyway.
Oh, okay~
Thanks~ 3nodding heart
No problem, it usually works for me 3nodding
Try taking them out sooner. Or, check the bottom of the cookies more often.
They should be golden brown.
@ Wibble; Lols, I'll go try that now~
@ Angel; Yesh, I'll try that too.
Thanks~
-trots off to attempt to bake cookies... again...-
I can't operate an oven. D:
if you don't want the bottom to burn you can put a piece of wax paper down on the pan instead of using butter. plus it makes clean up easier for lazy people like me.
when the timer goes off and the cookies are still doughy,cook them for 1 1/2 at a time,until they're golden brown,the bottom,that is. the top would be a light apricot. for no-stick,no plastic. it'll melt and ruin the cookies. don't use butterspray. melt some butter in the skillet and spread it on the cookie sheet before you put the cookies on it. I'm The Cookie Master,so I know all these things.
i usually like using cookie sheets that are metallic - they tend to burn less. preheating the oven at the right temperature rather than going higher is a must. also, using the middle rack is the best - too low and your bottoms may burn.

leaving them in for too long also may cause them to burn, it's best to keep an eye on them and set a times 3nodding

to get chewier cookies, i usually put the cookies in for 2 minutes less than the required time and let them sit on the tray out of the oven for about another minute. They still cook, but not all the way through, so it's still chewy ^^

putting parchment paper is also a good idea - less mess!
If I could bake, I'd be the best cook in the world
Or so I wish
I love food, but I can never seem to cook anything!!!! evil

Golden Fatcat

9,575 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Also, if some of the balls of dough is bigger than others, it will take more or less time to cook than others.
So you have to make sure they're around the same size.

Chatty Dabbler

Watch those cookies like they're your babies! smile And make sure the pan is greased well.

Dapper Regular

Is the cookie sheet you're using really dark? Like, near black and old-looking? Because the metals in cooking pans blacken over time of use. And the darker it is, the more heat the pan will absorb, and the hotter the bottom of your cookies will become. It it's dark, instead of greasing it, put down a few pieces of parchment paper. Two or more if the sheet's REALLY black. I guess you can use wax paper too, I would think the wax would melt and make the cookies... Waxy. But I don't know, I've never used wax paper before.

The good thing about parchment paper though, is that you can reuse it many times. At least until it starts browning and getting crumbly.

The best thing to do is to watch the cookies closely while they bake.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff