I love Bacon, do you?
And how do you cook your bacon?
I use the oven. emotion_zzz

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Bacon is the world's finest meat. I usually pan-fry it until it is crispy. I have baked it also, covering it in brown sugar to make candied bacon. One of my fave ways of combining it with other foods is to wrap slices around frozen fried chicken and bake according to the package directions. It melds to the crispy chicken skin and the result is just divine. I even it the lean meat raw sometimes.
gaia_angelleft yum_bacon gaia_angelright

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150

Ooooh, that sounds good. I've tried bacon wrapped mushrooms with mayo. heart

Ratttking
Bacon is the world's finest meat. I usually pan-fry it until it is crispy. I have baked it also, covering it in brown sugar to make candied bacon. One of my fave ways of combining it with other foods is to wrap slices around frozen fried chicken and bake according to the package directions. It melds to the crispy chicken skin and the result is just divine. I even it the lean meat raw sometimes.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I-I e l l I-I o u n d

Ratttking
Bacon and mushrooms are always a wonderful combination. Was it served hot, or cold so the mayo wouldn't separate?

Ori chun's Significant Otter

Powered-up Wife

15,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
I love crispy bacon nomnom

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If I want a salad I make my own bacon bits for it.

Or better yet: breakfast muffins.

I found this recipe on Pinterest. You take shredded hasbrowns and pack them lightly into a muffin pan so that there's a thick layer on the bottom. Pop those into the oven for about 10-15 minutes and pull them out if they start crisping. Scramble some eggs and mix in bacon bits and shredded cheese, then pour this into the muffin pans over the hashbrowns until the cups are 2/3-3/4 full because the eggs will rise. Cook these for another 15-20 minutes. When done sprinkle with more bacon and cheese, and serve them up with more bacon!

It's best to butter the pan when you do this, too. And though I've tried minis, they're not worth the effort if you can't even get them out of the pan. >,< I kinda want to try using potato pancake mix on the bottom to see if that helps it slide out easier. question
i fry it until the meat is cooked. i don't like crispy bacon.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Also: TURBACONDUCKEN!!!!

User Image

This bad boy is 3 pounds of duck swaddled in bacon, 5 pounds of chicken wrapped in bacon, shoved into a 15 pound bacon-wrapped turkey with MORE bacon and some giblets. The whole thing has a whopping 5 pound of bacon-y goodness that all but dissolves into the other meats. It's to be eaten with a paramedic standing by.

I don't care how terrible this is for my body. One day Ishall try this! emotion_kirakira

yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon
I use the oven too.
Sometimes I rub brown sugar into half of them beforehand.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150

Well we always had them hot, I will try eating it cold though. =P

Ratttking
I-I e l l I-I o u n d

Ratttking
Bacon and mushrooms are always a wonderful combination. Was it served hot, or cold so the mayo wouldn't separate?

Eloquent Streaker

I don't care for bacon on it's own. I mainly get it on burgers and sandwiches.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150

OMFG

Alexander J Luthor
Also: TURBACONDUCKEN!!!!

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/QuirkyCookery/2012 - 01/turbaconducken.jpg

This bad boy is 3 pounds of duck swaddled in bacon, 5 pounds of chicken wrapped in bacon, shoved into a 15 pound bacon-wrapped turkey with MORE bacon and some giblets. The whole thing has a whopping 5 pound of bacon-y goodness that all but dissolves into the other meats. It's to be eaten with a paramedic standing by.

I don't care how terrible this is for my body. One day Ishall try this! emotion_kirakira

yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon yum_bacon

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Oven as well, I don't like super oily things.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150

High five!

oTrissa
Oven as well, I don't like super oily things.
I do not.

I never liked bacon actually even before I went vegan, so the current bacon obsession trend is very bizarre to me and a bit disturbing honestly (for obvious reasons if you noticed my name).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff