Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you're in the area, I HIGHLY recommend checking out The Taj Majestic Cuisine of India in Everett on 128th street. heart

Their menu has a wide variety of both vegetarian (including vegan) and non-vegetarian foods, and you can get them as mild or as spicy as you'd like if you aren't fond of hot foods. 3nodding

To drink, I ordered a mango lassi (a traditional yogurt-based drink). Another person at the table ordered their iced tea (an Indian variety), and said they really liked it.

As an appetizer, my table ordered the vegetable pakoras (mixed vegetables/seeds fried in chickpea flour). They were delicious, larger and fluffier than most other restaurants serve.

For an entree, I ate their palak paneer (spinach and Indian homemade cheese), which was delicious (though they could've put more paneer...but then, I'm paneer crazy rofl ). The people I was with were both impressed with their dinners as well (one had chicken curry, the other had a lamb dish, not sure which). The meal was accompanied by saffron rice (came with my meal, but was more than enough for the whole table - and we were all stuffing ourselves with it heart ).

Our table also ordered the bread basket, which included three kinds of naan (tandoori [plain], garlic/cilantro, and another spiced variety), which were all very good as well. This came with a yogurt sauce to dip it in (I wasn't fond of this, but the others at my table were) and some curry pickles (I didn't try these, but the others liked them. I'm not a pickle fan in general sweatdrop )

We were really looking forward to trying their desserts (saffron ice cream heart ), but were unfortunately too stuffed. sad We do plan to go back to this place regularly now, so I'll post again whenever I can restrain myself with dinner enough to try some! xd

All in all, this place was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting it to be anything special since it's right next to a grocery store, and wound up going there after the restaurant I'd originally been looking for apparently shut down, but it was wonderful. 3nodding The service is very friendly as well. Pricing is moderate (entrees were mostly between $8 and $13), but lunch specials are a little cheaper.

Definitely give it a try if you're in the area! I have had moderate exposure to Indian foods, but the others at my table were first-timers and loved it just as much as I did.

Generous Giver

Sounds interesting. The only places I go to Everett are Colby street and the mall area. XD (Colby st. = my dentist is there D= )

But ya, does sound like something I'll try when my friend comes to visit me. Thanks for the recommendation. razz
PoultryChamp
Sounds interesting. The only places I go to Everett are Colby street and the mall area. XD (Colby st. = my dentist is there D= )

But ya, does sound like something I'll try when my friend comes to visit me. Thanks for the recommendation. razz

Haha. xd I live here. Haven't been down to Colby in a long time...used to go to a comic shop there pretty often. Hope you guys enjoy it! 3nodding
Bump. I've been craving their pakoras every day since then. gonk
Snookums
Bump. I've been craving their pakoras every day since then. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out