No, I already know all there is about health. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Fashionable Hoarder

8,800 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
~subscribes~ (0w0) this is a very useful reference. Kudos!

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
You can eat whatever you want as long as you excersize. Those diets that make you pay extra for regular food are bullshit.

If you really want to lose weight, my recommendation is that you detox for a month and only eat protein and healthy stuff with a good amount of exercize. After that, you can get away with eating a lot of things as long as you eat them in moderation.

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
APPLE SAUCE.

And vegetarianism is becoming more popular every day.
Thus, it's becoming easier and easier to get protein and eat things that taste almost exactly like the meats they imitate, as well as ultimately avoiding high cholesterol.

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Eating healthy and excersize is a lifestyle change. There should be no time limit or "I have to lose 60 pounds in 2 months." You must remember that you will NEVER EVERY get out of eating heathly and daily excercize. It only gets easier and easier the more you do it and soon you won't remember how you spent all day eating.

No matter how bad one day goes there is always the next day, so never quit just because one thing went wrong. Even if you fail a couple of days, it only sets you back a little. It takes 2 weeks from a major diet change for anything to start happening so don't be impulsive for change.

My last recommendation is to NEVER check your wait. If you are improving, you will be able to see more of what is below you as you improve. The problem with people constantly checking their weight every day is that you will not lose 20 pounds every day. Most days you will lose almost nothing compared to your total weight if you are doing this right. Do not do this super fast or you will not be able to make the lifestyle change. If you absolutely must check your weight, only check it once a month.
As long as we're talking baby steps in dieting here:
-Many snacks have healthy counterparts...even things that are plain like tortilla chips. Look for things made with WHOLE grains; whole being the key word there. Multigrain means jack s**t if they're not whole grains.

Spaghetti...try the whole grain version. Tastes just as good, only its got a wonderful brown colour. Use that to your advantage when setting your pallete up for plating.

Smaller plates means smaller servings.

Sorbet over ice cream.

With salads, get dressing on the side and dip your fork into the dressing before spearing your next bite of veggies. Dressing taste, without drizzling it on. Also, those salad spritzers aren't half bad; light vinagarettes you spray on so you're not dumping it on.

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
SanjiLoveCook
As long as we're talking baby steps in dieting here:
-Many snacks have healthy counterparts...even things that are plain like tortilla chips. Look for things made with WHOLE grains; whole being the key word there. Multigrain means jack s**t if they're not whole grains.

Spaghetti...try the whole grain version. Tastes just as good, only its got a wonderful brown colour. Use that to your advantage when setting your pallete up for plating.

Smaller plates means smaller servings.

Sorbet over ice cream.

With salads, get dressing on the side and dip your fork into the dressing before spearing your next bite of veggies. Dressing taste, without drizzling it on. Also, those salad spritzers aren't half bad; light vinagarettes you spray on so you're not dumping it on.

I think salads are pointless. Eating any amount of dressing is like eating a healthy tasting plate of lard. It's better to just take a multivitamin.
i hope you get the desierd look that your going for
TheOMGEffect

I think salads are pointless. Eating any amount of dressing is like eating a healthy tasting plate of lard. It's better to just take a multivitamin.

Believe it or not, some actually eat salads simply because they like them....not everyone feels compelled to make them a diet-only staple.

Most salads have some type of dressing and if eaten with care, the dressing isn't that big of a deal. Some salads come tossed with the dressing coated lightly on them allready (like what you'd be served at Olive Garden). It's only lard if you pile it on and then, you've only yourself to blame.

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
SanjiLoveCook
TheOMGEffect

Believe it or not, some actually eat salads simply because they like them....not everyone feels compelled to make them a diet-only staple.

Most salads have some type of dressing and if eaten with care, the dressing isn't that big of a deal. Some salads come tossed with the dressing coated lightly on them allready (like what you'd be served at Olive Garden). It's only lard if you pile it on and then, you've only yourself to blame.

A french bread pizza is much healthier than a table spoon of Ranch. Out of 140 calories 130 of them are from fat. That's 92% fat. I honestly think that there are very, very few people that like eating them (I'm not saying they don't exist). Most people feel like they have to eat them and really they are better off enjoying a slice of pizza.
TheOMGEffect
SanjiLoveCook
TheOMGEffect

A french bread pizza is much healthier than a table spoon of Ranch. Out of 140 calories 130 of them are from fat. That's 92% fat. I honestly think that there are very, very few people that like eating them (I'm not saying they don't exist). Most people feel like they have to eat them and really they are better off enjoying a slice of pizza.

I know quite a few who like them. neutral I find it odd that you don't seem to think many exist. I mean if the present trends in cooking media are any indicator, salads are being presented now as just another side or appetizer, not just the rabbit-food diet standby.

Not all dressings are ranch; some are lighter like vinagarettes and there are versions that have less fat of the usual dressings. Again, if you're eating a salad, 9 times out of 10, you're gonna have a dressing on it of some type. Making a conscious decision about how you'll eat it is up to you. You're also not getting the exact same nutrition from a pizza that you are a salad; they're two different types of foods.

Also, the things suggested were for beginners, not those trying to stave off things altogether. If they already eat salad, they may need to amend their habits when eating them; I know I retracted some of mine.
*O*
Wow. There was quite a bit of posting while I was gone (for a non-chatterbox thread that is.)

I'll edit the first post with everyone's suggestions when I get back. ;3 Thank you!

Oh!

@TheOMGEffect- Thank you for all your suggestions and you are right when you say it's a lifestyle change. :3
I actually excersize everyday. I do more cardio than anything as I believe that more useful to me.

But it's a good thing to put up with eating healthy. Thank you, again.
Roaring Twenties
~subscribes~ (0w0) this is a very useful reference. Kudos!
X3 Thanks!

I'm glad you find it useful! =D
And if you're really craving a burger, make it yourself so you can grill all the fat off and use juicy crispy lettuce and wholegrain buns. A homemade healthy burger tastes so much better than that McDonalds crap.

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
I would get some trail mix, but read the label to avoid any hydrogenated oils that might be in it.

I also like dry fruit.
If you really dislike the taste of water and/or have trouble giving up soda, trying flavoring your water with lemon juice(actual lemons are better, but not everyone has spare lemon slices hanging around). Try not to put too much, of course.

If that doesn't work(ie if you really don't like lemon flavored water), try Vitamin Water. You can buy it in bulk for $1 a bottle(some stores have better deals), and it is DELICIOUS. The Orange-orange flavor, one of the sweetest, has a mere 50 cal per serving. Vitamin Water doesn't have any carbonation and it contains no high-fructose corn syrup(it uses crystalline fructose for sugar). Very nice drink overall, and a great replacement for soda.

EDIT: The same company that makes Vitamin Water also apparently has something called Fruit Water, which is supposed to be like a diet drink, but I've not had it so I don't know if it tastes good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff