Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Phantom

Your friend's turning 21. You have no intent on getting drunk, but you want to "be supportive".

What hooch do you take a n** of?

Personally, I'm not much a drinker at all, but in said situations, my go-to is peach Schnapps or Bailey's. I like the harder stuff. Can't do beer or wine at all. What I should say is that I've never found a wine I like. I can stand rum and Dr. Pepper, but not for very long. Whiskey is just OUT. And Jaeger? No. Just no.

Eloquent Streaker

A well-mixed Long Island Iced Tea, Presbyterian or whatever their version of an orange vodka, Cointreau and orange juice martini is called. Failing that, basically any sweet drink.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
A well made cocktail, whether it be a martini or a manhattin or something a little more complicated like one of those faux exotic beverages. I like some of the variations of the manhattin but there is no martini other than a gin martini.

Alcohols I'll drink neat is a good Islay whiskey, preferably Lagavulin or Bruichladdich. Rum is good to drink neat, especially the aged El Dorado or the El Diplamatico rums. I really like tequila and have been lucky enough to find some really smooth really well made tequilas. A good red wine is nice but I haven't found myself in a situation where I would have wine in a while. I also have been trying to get into more beers but all I really know about them is that I preffer darker beers with that smokey coffee flavor to it.
I usually go for mixed drinks, like malibu cola or Rose wine. I do not like white wine, and red wine gives me migraine. I also like hard drinks, but I rarely drink it. Probably because I have a low alcohol tolerance.

Trash Witch

White wine.
Vodka Cranberry... or rum and Dr Pepper

Tipsy Humorist

9,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Hard liquor: Rum and Coke. Grand Marnier on the rocks is a typical go-to for me. Palomas and margaritas if I'm dealing with tequila - shots if with good friends, typically at convention room parties. Alabama Slammers, Washington Apples, and Cherry Sours are also drinks I'm fond of.

Beer: Dos Equis, Asahi, Miller Lite, some Shiner seasonal, almost anything from Saint Arnold and Abita, Sessions, Woodchuck, Samuel Smith ciders, etc. Almost every time I buy beer, it's something different - the ones listed are just among my favorites.

Wine: Riesling, Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc, and unoaked Chardonnay.

Shameless Bloodsucker

I don't drink often, and never to get really drunk. I am a light weight but still like a buzz, and some of the flavors. smile

When I do drink, I like drinks mixed with vodka or tequila (but not at the same time ) or just tequila on it's own if it's a really nice quality.

Oh I do like bubbly wines on special occasions, or sweet dessert wines as well.

I hate beer, but maybe it's just the lack of variety in what I have tried. The only one I could stand was the Guinness.
My current favorite is Timmerman; a Belgian kriek beer.

Either way, for fuzzy drinkers, I'd advice making nice drinks. Don't go for Tom Collin's or Martinis, go for something more.. easy-to-drink. Appletinis, cosmos, and such. Any kind of flavored margaritas could work.
So, basically; hard liquor such as vodka or white rum, fruit liqueurs, and such.

..this ******** pirate thing is killing me.

Original Lunatic

I have two mixed drinks I've been making a lot lately;

Tootsie rolls, which is a combination of root beer, kaluah, and a little triple sec/orange liqueur.
And a random mix of pineapple soda and melon schnapps. I love melon schnapps.

Both are very sweet and the alcohol taste is very subtle. I can get pretty tipsy off of both pretty quickly because I don't taste the alcohol.

Demonic Star

I don't drink much at all. The last time I had a drink was maybe January?

Anyway I like the sugary coolers and stuff that doesn't taste like alcohol. I also like caesars. But even then, I prefer them virgin. xD
I'm very partial to beer and Mike's hard lemonade. Not a big fan of hard liquor.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dr Pen0r
My current favorite is Timmerman; a Belgian kriek beer.

Either way, for fuzzy drinkers, I'd advice making nice drinks. Don't go for Tom Collin's or Martinis, go for something more.. easy-to-drink. Appletinis, cosmos, and such. Any kind of flavored margaritas could work.
So, basically; hard liquor such as vodka or white rum, fruit liqueurs, and such.

..this ******** pirate thing is killing me.
appletinis and cosmos are cocktails that need to go away forever. I always use the tiki bar as the gateway drug to initiate my friends into the world of alcoholic libations. the only good one that I know of is the Smuglers Cove though. would have been go there on talk like a pirate day if i wasn't sick and broke.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Shinimegami2007
Hard liquor: Rum and Coke. Grand Marnier on the rocks is a typical go-to for me. Palomas and margaritas if I'm dealing with tequila - shots if with good friends, typically at convention room parties. Alabama Slammers, Washington Apples, and Cherry Sours are also drinks I'm fond of.

Beer: Dos Equis, Asahi, Miller Lite, some Shiner seasonal, almost anything from Saint Arnold and Abita, Sessions, Woodchuck, Samuel Smith ciders, etc. Almost every time I buy beer, it's something different - the ones listed are just among my favorites.

Wine: Riesling, Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc, and unoaked Chardonnay.
may I suggest a dark and stormy if you like rum and coke? don't get the premade ones, but any good ginger beer like reeds or something. Also if you're feeling a bit adventerous try a wray and ting. not sure if you can get ting but it's some kind of grapefruit soda. also wray and nephew overproof rum. try with the proportions because it's powerful stuff.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

13,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100

I'm a stereotypical teenager, and only drink to get drunk. Personally, I like tequila (using a lime, but no salt), but bud light and wine are also beautiful. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff