Welcome to Gaia! ::

XxBloodyXDollxX rolled 20 100-sided dice: 26, 57, 80, 34, 44, 1, 8, 17, 7, 16, 25, 61, 19, 89, 12, 31, 62, 47, 41, 53 Total: 730 (20-2000)

Popular Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/gay-lesbian-bisexual-3-fun_bar-3/t.77521731_1/#5
heart xp heart xp heart sweatdrop heart sweatdrop heart sweatdrop heart

Profitable Prophet

Nafretiti
DEEPTHROAT CHAMPION
Peltrow
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

^ Now now. No need to kill a girl that really didn't do anything. Literally.

She did do something. Vaan.

Not really, he's gay.

So because there is NO actual PROOF that he is gay you just want to call him as such....

Riiiight, I see that this thread is really just a 'my opinion is right, he's what *I* say he is and thats final!' thread.

Nope, I think the guy who brought up KH just about nailed it. 'Let us choose what we think" or something like that.

Also, with that being said, I think Sora is utter homo but Riku is banging Kairi.

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
compared to Kuja from IX Vaan is a dominate male
Well.. actually...

Vaan isn't gay, but I know why you might think so, because he was supposed to be very feminine. During production, Vaan wasn't the lead "main" character, he was actually just another party member you meet in Rabanastre. The main character was originally Basche, who meets Vaan when he breaks out of prison and goes to the city.

The motion actor that they hired for Vaan made him look more masculine than feminine. His movements in attacking, walking, stances -- they were just very masculine. Instead of hiring another motion actor, they decided to keep the scenes and turn Vaan into a sort of rough-around-the-edges male teenager -- Instead of the soft-spoken, caring, innocent boy he was originally designed to be.

You could say, that whatever was thrown away from Vaan's initial design was recycled and used for his brother instead, Reks.

Edit: About Vaan & Penelo...
In the japanese version it was already stated that they were kind of boyfriend/girlfriend. Both in the book manual and ingame. When Vaan loses her in the Bhujerban mines, Larsa asks "Who is Penelo?", to which Vaan replied "My girlfriend". In the english version, this was changed to "She's my.... she's my friend".

Their relationship at first was implied to be a not-so-serious one. Just like how children will have a boyfriend/girlfriend even though they're not aware what a real relationship is. In Revenant Wings it's implied that they've started to take eachother seriously, which is why the game put in characters to make them jealous of eachother's new friends.
Example; Penelo dancing for Llyud and Vaan doesn't like it... highlight spoiler:or when Vaan goes missing and Penelo feels horrible for not telling him how she really feels before she'd never see him again.

Sparkly Seeker

Ameerkat
User Image

I don't understand how this is any different than showing kids a man and a woman being together. Making a princess a lesbian doesn't mean they're going to all of a sudden show scissoring; it'd be just like all the other Disney movies when they kiss at the end and that's it. The only reason it would be confusing for children is because they live in a heterosexual world, and people to perpetuate the mindset that that's the only normal kind of family. I agree that it would be kind of weird in a movie aimed for kids, but so is anything overly romantic. Have you seen The Little Rascals? It's basically a soap opera, but with little kids for little kids.

tl;dr — It's not the gender that matters, it's the amount of intimacy shown to kids. Any high level of romance is iffy for children to see.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Lyrrien
Ameerkat
User Image

I don't understand how this is any different than showing kids a man and a woman being together. Making a princess a lesbian doesn't mean they're going to all of a sudden show scissoring; it'd be just like all the other Disney movies when they kiss at the end and that's it. The only reason it would be confusing for children is because they live in a heterosexual world, and people to perpetuate the mindset that that's the only normal kind of family. I agree that it would be kind of weird in a movie aimed for kids, but so is anything overly romantic. Have you seen The Little Rascals? It's basically a soap opera, but with little kids for little kids.

tl;dr — It's not the gender that matters, it's the amount of intimacy shown to kids. Any high level of romance is iffy for children to see.

Ughhhh this, but I didn't want to derail the thread. I especially raged at that "controversial topics" statement. It must suck living with people thinking the way you were born is a controversial topic.

I mean, god forbid they have a black princess. Oh wait, they did. Black people are cOntRaVerSIAl~~
DEEPTHROAT CHAMPION
confused
No....

Profitable Prophet

Caramel Snow
Well.. actually...

Vaan isn't gay, but I know why you might think so, because he was supposed to be very feminine. During production, Vaan wasn't the lead "main" character, he was actually just another party member you meet in Rabanastre. The main character was originally Basche, who meets Vaan when he breaks out of prison and goes to the city.

The motion actor that they hired for Vaan made him look more masculine than feminine. His movements in attacking, walking, stances -- they were just very masculine. Instead of hiring another motion actor, they decided to keep the scenes and turn Vaan into a sort of rough-around-the-edges male teenager -- Instead of the soft-spoken, caring, innocent boy he was originally designed to be.

You could say, that whatever was thrown away from Vaan's initial design was recycled and used for his brother instead, Reks.

Edit: About Vaan & Penelo...
In the japanese version it was already stated that they were kind of boyfriend/girlfriend. Both in the book manual and ingame. When Vaan loses her in the Bhujerban mines, Larsa asks "Who is Penelo?", to which Vaan replied "My girlfriend". In the english version, this was changed to "She's my.... she's my friend".

Their relationship at first was implied to be a not-so-serious one. Just like how children will have a boyfriend/girlfriend even though they're not aware what a real relationship is. In Revenant Wings it's implied that they've started to take eachother seriously, which is why the game put in characters to make them jealous of eachother's new friends.
Example; Penelo dancing for Llyud and Vaan doesn't like it... highlight spoiler:or when Vaan goes missing and Penelo feels horrible for not telling him how she really feels before she'd never see him again.

Basch is insanely awesome. His backstory is amazing, and Reks had potential to be a great character, but he died prematurely, as he was pretty cool in that 15 minute run. Vaan annoyed me. Like an abusive parent, I would tell Vaan "Why can't you be more like your brother?"

Questionable Codger

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Gender Swap 100
God, I hope not. That little pissant would give us a bad name. Anyway, as others have already said-- Penelo. Also, a NA (I can't speak for EU or anywhere else) release would never have a gay main character, because it's so ******** homophobic.

Aged Gawker

Who cares if he was?....You trolls need to find something better to do then bad mouth a game character.
oh absolutely.
Panelo has a c0ck and Vaan LOOOOOOVES it.
So does Balthier.

Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
castrillo
Lyrrien
Ameerkat
User Image

Ughhhh this, but I didn't want to derail the thread. I especially raged at that "controversial topics" statement. It must suck living with people thinking the way you were born is a controversial topic.

I mean, god forbid they have a black princess. Oh wait, they did. Black people are cOntRaVerSIAl~~

I was just showing R.T.S lesbo Disney...the comment beneath it has nothing to do with me. Take it up with Tumblr.

Profitable Prophet

SexploZion
oh absolutely.
Panelo has a c0ck and Vaan LOOOOOOVES it.
So does Balthier.

As long as Basch is safe.

We all know he eats Ashe's c**t.
Ameerkat
Rim The Sky
Ameerkat
Square aren't brave enough to say anyone is gay. But Vaan is totally banging Penelo.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

ALL THE THINGS SHE SAID, ALL THE THINGS SHE SAID...RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD, RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD!

I wonder if anyone on youtube has made a Vanille x Fang video to that song yet.

I want to find whoever said that quote on the picture and kill them, or call them stupid, or both, whichever.

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Vaan has never shown sexual interest to other men, and I don't think he has ever shown sexual interest at all, I think. His sexuality is irrelevant to the story, and that's the way it should be. But although I would love to see an LGBT character in a game. No, ******** that, I want gay men. There, I said it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff