Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Final Fantasy 10 being remade in HD. I read that they are remaking the graphics from scratch. Just wondering why they don't update 7 instead?

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Because Final Fantasy X will take far less time to actually redo whereas Final Fantasy VII will take many a year, a lot more money then they can probably afford and Wada has said:

Quote:
'We'll make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds the quality of FFVII.'

Wada effectively admitted that the JRPG powerhouse's seven main sequels and dozens of spinoffs have failed to surpass the quality of Final Fantasy VII.

Not to mention Wada also said it would be the end of Final Fantasy franchise if they did remake the game.

Also we are looking at a game that has one disk compared to three, a one disk game will take a far shorter time to place into HD then what a three disk game would and less money and resources being used, this is a smart move for them, I would remake a one disk game as opposed to a three disk game if I can save money and resources.
Nafretiti
Because Final Fantasy X will take far less time to actually redo whereas Final Fantasy VII will take many a year, a lot more money then they can probably afford and Wada has said:

Quote:
'We'll make a Final Fantasy VII remake once we've made a Final Fantasy game that exceeds the quality of FFVII.'

Wada effectively admitted that the JRPG powerhouse's seven main sequels and dozens of spinoffs have failed to surpass the quality of Final Fantasy VII.

Not to mention Wada also said it would be the end of Final Fantasy franchise if they did remake the game.

Also we are looking at a game that has one disk compared to three, a one disk game will take a far shorter time to place into HD then what a three disk game would and less money and resources being used, this is a smart move for them, I would remake a one disk game as opposed to a three disk game if I can save money and resources.
Everything you said is all true. I don't think the number if discs is an issue though. The Ps1 discs simply couldn't hold as much content as the Ps2 discs. I don't think FFVII has three times the amount of content as FFX, FFXI, and FFXII. I think all three of those titles probably hold just as much if not more. You could definitely fit an HD FFVII on one PS3 disc. Xbox 360 not so sure, but I don't think the ps1 titles would take any longer to convert to HD, they just wouldn't look as good.

My one hope for the HD re-release is that they update the voices. Not with a new cast like Silent Hill HD, just have everyone reprise their roles...better. The voice work is pretty dated at this point IMO.
Another person crying for a FF7 remake. It ain't gonna happen, get over it.

Also, why not? Capcom likes to make HD remakes, why can't Squeenix make one? I would buy it, because there's a chance they will remake the international version, which means I, as a North American resident, can actually play it without stealing it.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Shadawn

Also, why not? Capcom likes to make HD remakes, why can't Squeenix make one? I would buy it, because there's a chance they will remake the international version, which means I, as a North American resident, can actually play it without stealing it.

I knew somebody was going to make a rude comment about wanting a FF7 remake. Big news. I hate Final Fantasy 7. Overrated if you ask me.

I asked because it is apparently their best game yet instead of remaking it they remade a newer game instead of their most popular game in their franchise.
Basically, because it's such an old game, bringing it up to speed would be extremely costly. Later FFs have been given improved graphics, but none of them have been taken to the PS3 for the same reason. At least with X everything is already in 3D. They already have all the bases for everything, they are more of less refurbishing it.
Obviously if they're going to redo VII for the PS3 they're not going to keep the polygons and flat backgrounds. They have to redo everything from scratch. And I mean everything. Aside from the storyline. The dialog may have to even be updated, depending on how it sounds when spoken, 'cause yeah, then they have to give everyone voices. Who knows what other things they might tinker with.

Friendly Bookworm

At the time they decided to do an HD FFX, it would be the 10 year anniversary to one of the games in the series that also broke a lot of firsts for Square, being voice acting, on a newer console, music, etc. And once that was announced, they didn't start work until roughly 6 months later!

Square mulled over the remake of VII for YEARS, going back in the days of the Playstation 2. But, with the amount of work, funds, and fan expectations... it's too much of a risk for Square to take.

Square has stated that if remade, it'll take longer (probably longer than Versus XIII!), changes would also be made to the story, etc. I'm sorry, but I like FFVII just the way it is... And, no one would care for any other Final Fantasy game ever if they put out a new game.

In short: Remake Final Fantasy VII... And it will be the FINAL Final Fantasy.

Square opted to port the original game to newer consoles in order to continue working on newer projects, like Versus XIII. They take precedence over any remakes.

Besides, which is cheaper, not only to sell but produce? $9.99 port or $59.99 new game? I'd go with the $9.99.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
FF7 would be an even bigger project seeing as they will have to redo all the game assets

If they do FFX they have a lot of ground to work with. This kinds of remind me of the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD PS3 treatment.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

FFX HD isn't even a remake. It's a remaster. If I were to be a bit pessimistic I'd say we'll get no more than better sound and some higher quality textures (like they did with the recent Kingdom Hearts remasters).

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
You mean remastered? Well I'm looking forward to it. For FFVII, I'll reserve my excitement until they even announced that its being remade. Be in mind that remaking FFVII is a gigantic project lol

I'll be happy if they remade FF IX though emotion_yatta
Capriqua
Shadawn

I knew somebody was going to make a rude comment about wanting a FF7 remake. Big news. I hate Final Fantasy 7. Overrated if you ask me.

I asked because it is apparently their best game yet instead of remaking it they remade a newer game instead of their most popular game in their franchise.

Well I love FF7, that's why I don't want a remake, it's fine the way it is. I don't want Squeenix fudging up my Squaresoft stories, no thank you!
And I apologize for judging too quickly, but I get tired of people bringing this topic up.
Anyway!

Versatile Receiver

Because X is the superior game
you're all thinking it

but seriously it's not a remake
I don't get where people are getting it's a remake from
The HD DMC collection weren't remakes
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD weren't remakes
The Tomb Raider HD collection things weren't remakes

making it HD doesn't make it a remake
Why can't they hurry up? I can't wait anymore. scream

Fashionable Sex Symbol