Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Seeker

Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

FFX HD isn't even a remake. It's a remaster. If I were to be a bit pessimistic I'd say we'll get no more than better sound and some higher quality textures (like they did with the recent Kingdom Hearts remasters).

This. I'm expecting it to be like the re-release of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus—same graphics, but much clearer and touched up a bit. Which, even though it sounds a bit lame and underwhelming, it does make a difference!

Dangerous Capitalist

FF7 will never get a remake, it'd be a double tap to the whole franchise. Honesty, they never should've released that tech demo when the PS3 came out, that was what initially gave so many people hard-ons over a remake. Even if they did remake it, it would be little more than eye candy.

FF10 was probably my favorite title in the series, and I'd love to see it's beautiful world with the same level of graphics as the PS3 Star Ocean game that gave me an eyegasm.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Five Finger Donkey Punch
FF7 will never get a remake, it'd be a double tap to the whole franchise. Honesty, they never should've released that tech demo when the PS3 came out, that was what initially gave so many people hard-ons over a remake. Even if they did remake it, it would be little more than eye candy.

FF10 was probably my favorite title in the series, and I'd love to see it's beautiful world with the same level of graphics as the PS3 Star Ocean game that gave me an eyegasm.

The thing is, with that tech demo, Square released it because it is a popular game and they thought that it would be nice for the fans to get a tech demo of their fave game, they did it as just a small nod to the FFVII fans who would probably like to see what FFVII would look like IF they ever redid it for the PS3, they did a FFVI and VIII tech demo before and we never got a remastered version of VI or VIII so why would we get one of VII? It wasn't Square's fault that a lot of fans are total idiots and ignore the words 'tech demo' and started rumors about Square were remaking FFVII, if the fans knew how to read we wouldn't be in this protest about FFVII needing to be on PS3 with all nice new shiny graphics etc.

Dangerous Capitalist

Nafretiti
Five Finger Donkey Punch

The thing is, with that tech demo, Square released it because it is a popular game and they thought that it would be nice for the fans to get a tech demo of their fave game, they did it as just a small nod to the FFVII fans who would probably like to see what FFVII would look like IF they ever redid it for the PS3, they did a FFVI and VIII tech demo before and we never got a remastered version of VI or VIII so why would we get one of VII? It wasn't Square's fault that a lot of fans are total idiots and ignore the words 'tech demo' and started rumors about Square were remaking FFVII, if the fans knew how to read we wouldn't be in this protest about FFVII needing to be on PS3 with all nice new shiny graphics etc.
Pretty much. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if they did remake it as their last FF game, announcing beforehand that it would be their last game. Let's face it, their recent games (anything after 10) have been pretty much s**t compared to the older ones. FF has really gone downhill over the last 10 years, so I don't really feel any remorse for abandoning any future releases unless they bring back all the features that made the older games as fun as they were.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Five Finger Donkey Punch
Nafretiti
Five Finger Donkey Punch

Pretty much. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind if they did remake it as their last FF game, announcing beforehand that it would be their last game. Let's face it, their recent games (anything after 10) have been pretty much s**t compared to the older ones. FF has really gone downhill over the last 10 years, so I don't really feel any remorse for abandoning any future releases unless they bring back all the features that made the older games as fun as they were.

I agree with you about Final Fantasy games being s**t lately. The problem is I don't like 10 either. If they stopped making Final Fantasy now, I don't think I would care to be honest.

Focus on other projects.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Thread has devolved into "new games are s**t". How classy.
Focus on other products.... Which would be more Final Fantasy games... without the Final Fantasy title (and Cid... and Moogles... and Chocobos).
I don't understand how losing the FF logo will make SE games better if you don't already like them.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
MooMooJuice
Focus on other products.... Which would be more Final Fantasy games... without the Final Fantasy title (and Cid... and Moogles... and Chocobos).
I don't understand how losing the FF logo will make SE games better if you don't already like them.
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Don't you know? If a game doesn't have "Final" and "Fantasy" next to each other in the title it becomes something so completely different. 'Cause you know, if XIII wasn't called "Final Fantasy XIII" it would've been so much better a game! stare

Fashionable Sex Symbol

MooMooJuice

Funny you should say that. I was telling my flatmate the same thing tonight. I asked him was the game he was playing made by Square Enix and when he said yes I told him it was just another Final Fantasy then.

I wonder if they make three games at once and decide which one will be a Final Fantasy.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Cupcakesu
MooMooJuice
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Don't you know? If a game doesn't have "Final" and "Fantasy" next to each other in the title it becomes something so completely different. 'Cause you know, if XIII wasn't called "Final Fantasy XIII" it would've been so much better a game! stare

Is there a reason why you are being nasty in my thread?

Surely Square Enix could make games that are not RPG's.
Capriqua
Surely Square Enix could make games that are not RPG's.

Those have been mostly mobile/portable releases this gen, and that trend doesn't seem to be changing for a while. They're also usually developed by smaller studios and SE only does publishing.

One relatively recent non-FF property that SE has made a lot of money from is Lord of Vermilion. It being an arcade-based game is the part that generates profit though, so that means it doesn't have a hope of being successful outside of Japan.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I think they are doing because it is going to help them out financially. I still think the new generation has not played this game yet. I believe the HD version are going to have additional features probably the content the PAL version

Dedicated Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think FFX HD is suppose to save their company. Square is not doing so well profitably. The development cost of Versus is ridiculous-was it like almost 6 years?
Instead of remaking VII or X, why not finish Versus XIII lol. Either way, I'm happy about the FFX remaster. It still is one of my favorite FF games to date. FFVIII is a tad bit overrated. Then again, so is FFX :/

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
FFX already had great graphics, so it doesn't really seem necessary... I wonder how much of a difference there will be between the original and the remastered version. I, too, would rather see a remake of one of the earlier games. If they made IX or anything before that for PS3 I'd be so excited. Especially VI or earlier, since I didn't play those, and their graphics must really REALLY suck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff