Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I got owned by a group of black mages. They did so much damage. cool

Anyone beat the game or have a tough time with the game?

Dedicated Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There's a lot of battles ahead. If you win some each day, you will finish it!
I've beaten both Tactics and Tactics A2 :3 Dual-wield is an awesome ability to learn when you can get it. So much damage output o.o

Dedicated Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Koishii X
I've beaten both Tactics and Tactics A2 :3 Dual-wield is an awesome ability to learn when you can get it. So much damage output o.o

Is Dual-weild in A2? I never finished it. If I recall correctly, there was a mission that was hard to finish and then I stopped.
superherocat
Koishii X

Is Dual-weild in A2? I never finished it. If I recall correctly, there was a mission that was hard to finish and then I stopped.

Yup, Dual-wield is in A2. You get the skill from the Rangetsu-denbu sword. There aren't that many in the game. I think there are three or so of these swords total, but yeah... Dual-wield is just pwnage.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
In the original Tactics, I got stuck on Belias. It's one of the few major flaws with that game, despite how good it is otherwise: It often asks you if you'd like to save in the middle of multi-part battles. If you aren't tough enough to beat Round Two, then you're stuck there; restarting the fight immediately after loading your save file, with no way to leave or train your characters. After failing about a dozen times, I eventually had to start a new save file, making Belias the only boss who's ever truly "defeated" me, such that no amount of reloading could ever overcome him. emo

Needless to say, I was better prepared the next time I played the game. Shenanigans like that, though, are why I've played the game *many* more times than I've ever actually beaten it. sweatdrop

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Koishii X
superherocat
Koishii X

Yup, Dual-wield is in A2. You get the skill from the Rangetsu-denbu sword. There aren't that many in the game. I think there are three or so of these swords total, but yeah... Dual-wield is just pwnage.

Nice never knew that! wink

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I think my girlfriend got trapped somewhere in the game or something. I played it and liked. She is a huge fan of tactics though. One of the few ff games she will play.

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
.: I have a tough time with Riovanes castle and completing the game without having to use Orlandeau [since he is a gamebreaker. Overall, the game is pretty fun to play :.
I enjoyed all 3 games released so far (PSP remake included)

I actually am with a group who is making an unofficially creating A3

7,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Tatics is my fav final fantasy game ive beaten 4 or 5 times and yes i had troubles with it The best job class to be is the Monk

Versatile Gawker

When I played the game for the first time and got to those black mages, I flipped a table.
Then when I came back to it, got to the Belias than I broke my controller. THEN after a year goes by, I make sure I max everyone out with Ninja, Monk, Knight, and one type of magic genre 8U.. I didn't want to "be annoyed" of it anymore.

Ursine Prophet

What you want is a bunch of monks that have equip heavy armour
It'll make them really tough to beat.
have ramza as a squire with punch art as his secondary abilities
then you just make him accumulate for a while before attacking. he'll do a s**t ton of damage.

Ursine Prophet

Raemyi
In the original Tactics, I got stuck on Belias. It's one of the few major flaws with that game, despite how good it is otherwise: It often asks you if you'd like to save in the middle of multi-part battles. If you aren't tough enough to beat Round Two, then you're stuck there; restarting the fight immediately after loading your save file, with no way to leave or train your characters. After failing about a dozen times, I eventually had to start a new save file, making Belias the only boss who's ever truly "defeated" me, such that no amount of reloading could ever overcome him. emo

Needless to say, I was better prepared the next time I played the game. Shenanigans like that, though, are why I've played the game *many* more times than I've ever actually beaten it. sweatdrop

same thing happened to me the first time i played through :c started over but got busy with other games. recently replayed it though and i finally beat him.
i think the worst thing is that it doesnt restore your health after the first battle, so you go in with ramza half dead :c
There's no one point in the game where everyone seems to get stuck. There's 8 or 9 really, really tough battles in this game that people seem to trip up on.

Dorter Trade City (Chapter 1)
Zaland Fort City
Goug Machine City
Golgorand Execution Site
Lionel Castle (where you're cut off from your party and have to fight Gafgarion)
1 vs.1 fight against Wiegraf
Any fight with more than 3 Ninjas
Lots of the basement fights under Orbonne Monastery

And that's just off the top of my head. It took me 4 years to beat this game. But it was so ******** worth it when I finally beat it. Life accomplishment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff