Welcome to Gaia! ::

My favorite is FFIX. It's the most fantasy-like out of all of them so far, I think, and I like that. I love all the music for it, especially Freya's Theme and Beatrix And Steiner's Battle Theme. Also, I find Freya's story awful sad and romantic. crying I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff...
wow, i just worked out the formula for a good ff game,

silent brooding hero type + romance with chirpy up beat girl + save the world from complete destruction + cool bad guy

all of them follow this i think, except ff6, feel free to correct me if im wrong though xp
The best Final Fantasy, no, game ever made is Final Fantasy VII. The engenius and complex (the best) storyline; great character designs; graphics (which were amazing when it was released, and the CGs are still good by todays standards); big @$$ swords; and an emotional touch that has yet to be topped by any game, dictate this as the best. Hey, Cloud and Sephiroth have even appeared in two other games: Ehrgeiz and Kingdom Hearts. I think the things that drive people away from it are the complexity of the story loses people, and the "popeye" graphics are detracting to people who played FF8-FFX first. I'm a FFVII fanatic, or even better, zealot.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kaize
The best Final Fantasy, no, game ever made is Final Fantasy VII. The engenius and complex (the best) storyline; great character designs; graphics (which were amazing when it was released, and the CGs are still good by todays standards); big @$$ swords; and an emotional touch that has yet to be topped by any game, dictate this as the best. Hey, Cloud and Sephiroth have even appeared in two other games: Ehrgeiz and Kingdom Hearts. I think the things that drive people away from it are the complexity of the story loses people, and the "popeye" graphics are detracting to people who played FF8-FFX first. I'm a FFVII fanatic, or even better, zealot.

Agrees...
Well I would have to say FFVII because its the BEST game ever
I got it 4 years ago
Its always been my favorite, its what got me addicted to Final Fantasy in the first place biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
No doubt, FFVII is my fave. Heck, I bought the game before I bought my Playstation in 97'. Meanwhile, I nearly dropped out of college trying to build up my characters (to beat those dadgum weapon monsters scream ) and advance the story, which, mind you, was the most engrossing and amazing of the FF series that I have played.

The music was dope(yup, bought the soundtrack), the side quests were great, and I dare anyone to challenge the fact that Sephiroth was and is the ultimate villain. (Who else has a choir singing their name?...nope, not even Vader) Did I mention that it was challenging? Some of the newer FF's were just too easy.

Plus I felt a serious feeling of loss several times in the game, and laughed out loud other times. Even though the graphics are sub-par in comparison to today's standard I still consider it undenyable.
I have to say, I've been kind of dissapointed by the lack of people who have so much as mentioned FFT. (I didn't read the entire thread, so I might have mispoken there).

Anyway, FFT is my favorite, and I've played through 4,6,7,8, and 9, along with portions of all the rest. The battle system in tactics, which was the primary reason it was made, I suppose, is much more fun/interesting/exciting than those of the other FFs. The job system is an excellent way to build characters, my favorite from all the games. Admittedly, the graphics aren't top notch, but they really fit for the game. And lastly, the storyline is awesome. Its a step away from the other FF stories (no dark, brooding, amnesia-suffering heroes saving the world this time, sorry guys), but I think I got more involved with it than the others, love them though I did. Oh, and as fore as being purely despicable goes, the villian (?) in FFT tops them all. (Can I get a hoo-wah from someone who hates Delita?)
FF8 is my fav. I like its characters. Squall's persona is cool. Zell is a bit annoying but he the comic relief in the game. Selphie likes trains. Rinoa is an anacest with that crappy magic version of beserk later on. Quentisn is to me and some of my friends HOT! And Irivene just wants some lovin'.

Whats not to love?

I beat FF8 a while ago yet it remains my fav. after I played 9 and 10.

The storyline pulled me in. I played the game for like 5 days with minimum sleep and only leaving my playstation for the bathroom and bringing thing from the kitchen to eat with one hand while i controled with the other. OHHHHH YES. Those were the days.
Well, FF7 was ground braking, and is very special to me, but I'd have to say that 11 is the best so far. It looks to be soooooo much fun, I just can't wait. (stupid March PS2 release date). I'm giving a shout out there to any beta testers that may be here. Yo, s'up? lol, no, I'm not a tester sadly, but I think I know my fair share when it comes to the game. Bastok Pride! ^_^
I like FFX because it has good graphics
FF7. It so funky. 9 would be my favorite, but it lacks the imagination of 7.

3,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
gotta b ff VII greatest story n all luved the characters too
I like Final Fantasy IX , VIII , X , X-2 , VII

I like them because thay are full of adventures!

Everyone in here likes Final Fantasy! . FOREVER FINAL FANTASY!!!! 3nodding xd stare wink whee smile biggrin
Well, no one is here... sad . FFIX 4-Ever!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff