Welcome to Gaia! ::

Turnilk
MooMooJuice
No one's trying to change your opinion. Honestly, my replies were directed less towards you and more towards those who might see your post and, not having played the game, misunderstand the battle mechanics.

Then why quote me? The bits I did mention about the battle system were not untrue. For example: the menu could be opened to give comands (true), you can only move one chracter at a time and the others follow (true), gambits tell your other party members what to do (true)(not my exact wording though), gambits could be turned off (true). And saying that I did not like the battle system is true, because I didn't and still don't. neutral

Allow me to apologize then. I should have been more specific that I was not directing my reply towards the first sentence. I wasn't trying to downplay your opinion.

I didn't realize it was such an issue, but if I had not quoted you the first time at least than the intention of my post would just be confusing.
MooMooJuice
Turnilk
MooMooJuice
No one's trying to change your opinion. Honestly, my replies were directed less towards you and more towards those who might see your post and, not having played the game, misunderstand the battle mechanics.

Then why quote me? The bits I did mention about the battle system were not untrue. For example: the menu could be opened to give comands (true), you can only move one chracter at a time and the others follow (true), gambits tell your other party members what to do (true)(not my exact wording though), gambits could be turned off (true). And saying that I did not like the battle system is true, because I didn't and still don't. neutral

Allow me to apologize then. I should have been more specific that I was not directing my reply towards the first sentence. I wasn't trying to downplay your opinion.

I didn't realize it was such an issue, but if I had not quoted you the first time at least than the intention of my post would just be confusing.

Ahh... I understand. No worries then. Maybe next time say "...but for anyone else reading this I'd like to clarify how ___ works..." or something along those lines?

Dapper Dabbler

I miss monsters or animals as playable characters.

Timid Sweetheart

10,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bookworm 100
I miss not realizing how many haters there are concerning the old gen, the new gen, and Final Fantasy altogether. ._.'

Blessed Guildsman

A certain general in clown attire that rose from a team rocket-level incompetent lackey to a titan of ether, and a god of all magic! KEKEKEKEKE~

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
i have not played any of the new ones. i say they did a good job up til 12. i did not play 11 but i heard it was good

Friendly Browser

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
What I missed the most was being able to ride the airship. It was really fun being able to travel around the world on air. And I love the music that plays when you're riding the airship. It makes traveling a lot more fun. Even though you couldn't land anywhere, I didn't mind as long as I ride the airship! Too bad they took that off in Final Fantasy X. crying
A turn based, fully controllable, non-automatic, one-action-at-a-goddamn-time battle system.

And a world map. Like, one you can run around in, that was lost in the transition from IX to X.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Cecil Sorina

And a world map. Like, one you can run around in, that was lost in the transition from IX to X.
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

And thrown right back in with XII, except in a much better form. Walking on an over-world with cities the size of your legs must never come back.
Cupcakesu
Cecil Sorina

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

And thrown right back in with XII, except in a much better form. Walking on an over-world with cities the size of your legs must never come back.

Too bad that I don't consider XII a Final Fantasy game.
Cecil Sorina

haha okay.
I miss knowing that the next Final Fantasy meant Final Fantasy XV, or Final Fantasy XVI, etc. None of this __-2 or :Online nonsense.

Also Prelude. And Prologue. And the Victory Fanfare. If I haven't said those already.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Cecil Sorina

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Too bad it doesn't matter what you consider it to be. It's a Final Fantasy game.
Cupcakesu
Cecil Sorina

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Too bad it doesn't matter what you consider it to be. It's a Final Fantasy game.
Mhm, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I'm not here to judge.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Cecil Sorina
Cupcakesu
Cecil Sorina

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Mhm, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I'm not here to judge.

She is right you know, who cares if you think it is or is not a Final Fantasy game it is considered a Final Fantasy game by Square (you know them right? their the ones who MAKE the game) and that is all that matters.

It is like FF11/14 SO many people are screaming they are not FF games because they are MMO's but guess what? They are,

so really, it doesn't matter if you think 12 is a 'true' Final Fantasy game or not because regardless if you hate it or not it is a Final Fantasy game no matter what.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff