Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Seeker

III: Devout (A), Dragoon (I), Knight (R), Ninja (L)
IV: Cecil, Rosa, Kain, Yang, Rydia
V: Dragoon (L), Time Mage (B), Knight (F), Monk (K)
VI: Terra, Celes, Locke, Sabin
VII: Cloud, Tifa, Cid
VIII: Squall, Rinoa, Zell
IX: Eiko, Zidane, Freya, Vivi
X: Rikku, Yuna, Tidus
X-2: Gunner (Y), Dark Knight (R), Alchemist (P)
XII: Balthier, Vaan, Ashe
XIII: Lightning, Hope, Fang
Custom: Lightning, Balthier, Rikku (X)

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
Kyle Riley
FFI: Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, Monk
FFII: Firion(secondary healer), Maria(pure mage), Guy(brutal strength) (never got very far)
FFIII: Luneth, Arc(healer), Refia(mage), Ingus(tank)
FFIV: Kain, Rosa, Cecil, Rydia, Edge
FFV: Bartz (tank), Lenna (mage), Faris (damage), Krile (healer)
FFVI: Edgar, Terra, Relm, Celes OR Edgar, Celes
FFVII: Tifa, Cloud, Yuffie (kinda wish I could have Aerith instead of Yuffie)
FFVIII: Rinoa, Squall, Quistis
FFIX: Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Freya OR Garnet, Vivi, Freya, Quina/Eiko
FFX: Everyone
FFX-2: Yuna(healer/tank), Rikku(mage), Paine(damage)
FFXII: Everyone
FFXIII: Sazh, Vanille, Fang
FFXIII-2: Serah, Noel, Red/Blue/Silver Chocobo

DDFF: Tifa, Terra, Vaan, Emporer, Squall

User Image
"Forever...

Sorry, I forgot to explain why. So...

FFI, II, III: I always like to have a tank, a healer, a spell caster, and a damage dealer.

FFIV: I only played the original version all the way through and you are forced to use this party.

FFV: Same as FFI-III pretty much.

FFVI:
They are my four favourite characters, and I like using Terra as a main healer, Relm as the magic user, Edgar as all physical(with some magic), and Celes as like a paladin/magic knight. The other team is the party my brother and I use in a two character only game. They are our favourites, and Edgar is the physical character, and Celes is the magic.

FFVII: I really wish I didn't have to use Cloud. I don;t like him very much and hate how OP his stats are. I'd rather a party of all females or replacing him with Barret or something. I really, really wish Aerith was usuable after the firrst disk. She's the only character who is AMAZING with magic. Everyone else is just meh compared to her.

FFVIII:
Rinoa is my favourite character, so yeah... Use to use Selphie instead of Quistis but I grew to dislike Selphie for some reason, and I've always liked Quistis. I wish I didn;t have to use Squall though.

FFIX: Garnet is awesome, always better than Eiko for me because I love to powerlevel. Vivi is awesome too, even though he gets kinda weak endgame. Freya is amazing and fun to use. Quina is fun and quirky, and I like Eiko's selection of spells at times, not always though. Zidane is only when I'm forced to use him. I max everyone, but that's my main party.

FFX: Everyone because that's kinda how the game is built to be played. Every character is different and good for something so I build all the characters in a different way so they bring something to the party. It also makes for a very, very easy game.

FFX-2: Pretty much the same as FFI-III and V.

FFXII: It makes for a kind of tedious game but using everyone is pretty fun and you can build all the characters different. I don;t like having a party of clones so I try to make every character bring something to the party, like in X.

FFXIII: Vanille and Fang are my favourite character, I've used them every time I've played through the game. The first couple of play throughs I used Lightning as the leader, except for one time when I used Vanille. But I grew bored of her and found that Sazh was just better. Also Sahz is funny.

FFXIII-2: Regardless of the paradigm Serah and Noel are the same role as each other. I have a Red Chocobo for Cereberus, a Blue Chocobo for Tri-Disaster, and the Silver Chocobo for Prudent Planning, Infiltration, and Tortoise. I find Sentinel more useful in FFXIII-2 than in FFXIII.

DDFF: I used Terra in the original Dissidia but then I changed my main to Tifa, and I like how Vaan plays. Emperor is interesting, and Squall is pretty cool in DD.

...and ever."
User Image
I - warrior, warrior, black mage, white mage.
II - (given the choice) Firion, Minwu, Leila, Gordon.
III - Luneth (Dark Knight), Arc (Geomancer), Refia (Devout), Ingus (Black Belt)
IV - (given the choice) Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rosa, Tellah
V - Bartz (Dancer w/ Time Magic), Lenna (Samurai w/ White Magic), Faris (Mystic Knight w/ Summon Magic), Krile (Monk w/ Black Magic)
VI - Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan
VII - Cloud, Tifa, Barret
VIII - Squall, Zell, Quistis
IX - Zidane, Eiko, Freya, Amarant
X - Tidus, Yuna, Auron
X-2 - Yuna (Alchemisf), Rikku (Berserker), Paine (Dark Knight)
XI - Paladin / Summoner
XII - Vaan (Daggers), Ashe (Greatsword), Fran (Bow)
XIII - Fang (leader), Lightning, Hope

Sparkly Dabbler

9,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Kyle Riley
Kyle Riley
FFI: Warrior, White Mage, Black Mage, Monk
FFII: Firion(secondary healer), Maria(pure mage), Guy(brutal strength) (never got very far)
FFIII: Luneth, Arc(healer), Refia(mage), Ingus(tank)
FFIV: Kain, Rosa, Cecil, Rydia, Edge
FFV: Bartz (tank), Lenna (mage), Faris (damage), Krile (healer)
FFVI: Edgar, Terra, Relm, Celes OR Edgar, Celes
FFVII: Tifa, Cloud, Yuffie (kinda wish I could have Aerith instead of Yuffie)
FFVIII: Rinoa, Squall, Quistis
FFIX: Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Freya OR Garnet, Vivi, Freya, Quina/Eiko
FFX: Everyone
FFX-2: Yuna(healer/tank), Rikku(mage), Paine(damage)
FFXII: Everyone
FFXIII: Sazh, Vanille, Fang
FFXIII-2: Serah, Noel, Red/Blue/Silver Chocobo

DDFF: Tifa, Terra, Vaan, Emporer, Squall

User Image
"Forever...

Sorry, I forgot to explain why. So...

FFI, II, III: I always like to have a tank, a healer, a spell caster, and a damage dealer.

FFIV: I only played the original version all the way through and you are forced to use this party.

FFV: Same as FFI-III pretty much.

FFVI:
They are my four favourite characters, and I like using Terra as a main healer, Relm as the magic user, Edgar as all physical(with some magic), and Celes as like a paladin/magic knight. The other team is the party my brother and I use in a two character only game. They are our favourites, and Edgar is the physical character, and Celes is the magic.

FFVII: I really wish I didn't have to use Cloud. I don;t like him very much and hate how OP his stats are. I'd rather a party of all females or replacing him with Barret or something. I really, really wish Aerith was usuable after the firrst disk. She's the only character who is AMAZING with magic. Everyone else is just meh compared to her.

FFVIII:
Rinoa is my favourite character, so yeah... Use to use Selphie instead of Quistis but I grew to dislike Selphie for some reason, and I've always liked Quistis. I wish I didn;t have to use Squall though.

FFIX: Garnet is awesome, always better than Eiko for me because I love to powerlevel. Vivi is awesome too, even though he gets kinda weak endgame. Freya is amazing and fun to use. Quina is fun and quirky, and I like Eiko's selection of spells at times, not always though. Zidane is only when I'm forced to use him. I max everyone, but that's my main party.

FFX: Everyone because that's kinda how the game is built to be played. Every character is different and good for something so I build all the characters in a different way so they bring something to the party. It also makes for a very, very easy game.

FFX-2: Pretty much the same as FFI-III and V.

FFXII: It makes for a kind of tedious game but using everyone is pretty fun and you can build all the characters different. I don;t like having a party of clones so I try to make every character bring something to the party, like in X.

FFXIII: Vanille and Fang are my favourite character, I've used them every time I've played through the game. The first couple of play throughs I used Lightning as the leader, except for one time when I used Vanille. But I grew bored of her and found that Sazh was just better. Also Sahz is funny.

FFXIII-2: Regardless of the paradigm Serah and Noel are the same role as each other. I have a Red Chocobo for Cereberus, a Blue Chocobo for Tri-Disaster, and the Silver Chocobo for Prudent Planning, Infiltration, and Tortoise. I find Sentinel more useful in FFXIII-2 than in FFXIII.

DDFF: I used Terra in the original Dissidia but then I changed my main to Tifa, and I like how Vaan plays. Emperor is interesting, and Squall is pretty cool in DD.

...and ever."
User Image

It's fine that you didn't say why. 3nodding Though it was nice to read your reasons. Its interesting to see how people decided to set up their teams. =)
vii: cloud, aeris, red xiii (first disk) / tifa, cid, red xiii (tifa arc) / cid, yuffie, red xiii (cid arc) / cloud, yuffie, cid (end game)
    in my experiences, i've always liked cloud as a fighter. he was strong and held his own. his limit breaks are awesome, too. i didn't equip him with magic or summons, but with independent materia such as 100% cover, 100% counter attack and more. i like using red xiii because of his unique and badass character design. i usually have him with the fire-elemental pair equipped to his weapon slots. he was also in command of ifrit. yuffie is pretty much my main b***h. her conformer is disgustingly awesome, and i love farm-morphing too. iirc, conformer doesn't do any damage to the other party members, so confusion wasn't a problem for her. she was my healer because i'm a sexist and females are usually my healer (plus, she has clear tranquil). yuffie would have enemyskill, restore, heal, and revive as her main materia, and a few elemental materia as well. she and cid were fun to have in my party, and cid was a pretty good heavy hitter.

viii: squall, zell, selphie
    i had no choice but to use squall. the junction system was so broken and easy to abuse so my other two characters were chosen based on their limit breaks. i liked quistis's blue magic, but not as much as selphie's free casts.

ix: zidane, steiner, freya, amarant
    these guys were pretty badass all throughout the game. i really didn't find the need for any spellcasters so i went with all my heavy hitters. amarant with power up and freya's reis' wind really supported every character's hp surprisingly well. steiner and zidane were complete badasses and just killed everything. amarant's no mercy was awesome too. vivi was a bro and a half early in the game (focus was just too good not to use on bypassing turns). and i liked eiko more than garnet because of her double white magic trance.

x: tidus, yuna, rikku
    unlike a lot of others, i would only 100% a character's section on their sphere grid. tidus was my main man with hastega and quick hit. yuna had summons for days and also access to protect and dispel. rikku was just a complete b***h to my team, i loved it. physically she isn't much, but her overdrive and the ability to use items inaccessible to others was awesome. steal/mug were nice touches too. full-life was nice too.

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

Lets do this!
FF1: White Mage, Red Mage, Warrior, Thief
FF2: same as you
FFV: its been too long since I played it, but I remember Faris.
FFVI: Keep Locke, Edgar, Terra, and Strago in my party as much as possible. Locke because I love thiefs, Edgar because he can attack everyone at once, Terra for her magic, and Strago because when you equip the heal rod on him, he heals the party way more than any magic or item can.
FFVII: Aeris, Yuffie, Cloud, till Aeris dies, then Vincent, Red XIII, and, of course, Cloud. They're just my favorite characters.
FFVIII: Zell in my party as much as possible, because he's awesome. I also like Rinoa in my party, and Irving.
FFX: Wakka, Auron, and Rikku. Rikku because, as I've said before, I like thiefs. Wakka and Auron always turn out to be my best fighters. Most often, I cycle all the characters through as much as possible though, for experience.
FFX-2: Yuna - Dark Knight, Paine - Samurai, Rikku - Alchemist.

Dangerous Raider

FF VII: Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent
FF VIII: Squall, Rinoa, and Zell
FF X: Tidus, Auron, and Yuna
FF X-2: Yuna, Rikku, and Paine
FF XII: Balthier, Vaan, and Ashe
FF XIII: Lightning, Fang, and Hope
FF XIII-2: Serah, Noel, Golden Chocobo/ Lightning/ Green Chocobo

Blessed Zealot

IV: Cecil, Kain, Edge, Rydia, Yang
VII: Cloud, Cid, and Tifa
IX: Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, Garnet
X: Tidus, Auron, Yuna
XII: Vaan, Basch, Fran

Obsessive Bloodsucker

AppleSpiceKat

Pfft! You and I used the same groups for FF7, FF8 and FFXIII. O.o Creepy much?
FF7: Happened because Tifa is much more stand able then Yuffie, Cid, Barret, and Cait Sith and I have this thing for dark characters... I considered Red XIII but I like humans too much
FF8: I guess because Selphie reminded me too much of Yuffie, Irvine was too much of a ladies man, and I would never have Rinoa in my party if the game didn't force me She stole my Squall from me So that leaves Zell, who I actually don't find annoying, and Quistis, because she's the REAL women in this game.
FFXIII: Hope is a must in my party, absolute fav. Lighting is the main character, honestly why WOULDN'T you use her? And Fang is probably the best character in the game... I think... Welll I know those THREE are the best to use in the game...
Anywho how about FFTA? (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the Gameboy).
Hume Paladin/Fighter
Viera Assassin
Viera White Mage/Summoner
Hume Archer/Hunter
Hume Blue Mage
Moogle Thief/Juggler
I rotate my parties.
I don't like have under leveled characters. neutral
AppleSpiceKat
MooMooJuice
I tend to use all the party members. Because you never know when a game is going to split up your party.

For VII, I rotated everyone for a while then eventually stopped rotating Nanaki and Cait Sith in.
For my second+ play throughs of XII I tend to leave Penelo out. As well as Balthier and Fran because their stats aren't so good, but it's hard because I like all the party members so much. Even when I start out thinking I'm going to leave so-and-so out, I always end up pulling them back in later in the game. : P

Since I don't have the patience to level them all equally I end up having to choose. razz

I do wish that I had leveled up other people in 7 since often enough they were switching in and out (like when Cloud is mako poisoned and Tifa leaves to look after him, that left me with only Vincent from my main team crying ). I also regret not using Rinoa in 8 because when I got to the Ragnarok and she and Squall were my only party...ah fun times of hoping Squall would kill things before they killed Rinoa. stare

I hated ragnorok. If you did anything wrong with your party before getting there, you're basically screwed and would have to start over. :/
For me, I didn't have any silence magic (or really any magic at all, uhg drawing). I can't remember why you needed silence, but you did. And you really couldn't get past those monsters without it.

I hated it. I had to start over completely. >.<
AppleSpiceKat
While not every installment of the Final Fantasy series allows you to pick who is and isn't in your party there are still plenty of games that do. Sometimes it's an easy decision who to use, other times you want to use everyone but just have to choose.

So, who is your team (please say what game are they from) and why? You can say it for one game or for all the games you've played.

In the games that don't give you that option maybe you could say who was/were your favorite members of your group. Like what was their job class? Or like with FF II you could say what skills you had the characters learn. Or in the case of X-2 you could say what your favorite dresspheres for Rikku, Yuna, and Paine were. Or with XIII-2 maybe what roles you gave to Noel and Serah and what monster you used as your 3rd party member.

Here's my teams and why(it'll be rather long so either read or skip it and reply!):

FF I: Have a warrior, thief, white mage, black mage

FF II: Firion was a sword user/black mage/support magic, Maria bow and white/support magic, Guy axes all the way...and then all those people who kept coming in and out of my party.

Cloud and Tifa because I always like having couples in my group and Vincent because he is one of my favorite FF characters.

FF VIII: Squall, Zell, and Quistis
I didn't use Rinoa because by time she was a constant member I had already been using these guys a lot. To be honest this group just kind of...happened. I didn't have much reason behind it.

FF IX: Zidane, Garnet, Steiner, Freya (for a while I had Vivi but then I switched him for Freya)
Again, Garnet for the couple, Steiner cause he was awesome(and I prefer heavy hitters), and Freya because I love dragoons.

FF X: Tidus, Wakka, Auron, and Yuna (I used everyone else off and on as I needed them)
I know it was only a 3 person party but I would switch Yuna in often enough. Again, the couple (Tidua and Yuna), Wakka because he was a hard hitter, and Auron who was hard hitter and a bamf (plus his skills came in handy).

FF X-2(their dresspheres): Yuna: Samurai Rikku: Trainer Paine:Beserker
Samurai looked cool, trainer was fun, and beserker was a hard hitter.

FF XII-Revenant Wings: Vaan, Penelo, Kytes, Llyud, and Basch
Vaan and Penelo for the couple, Kytes for the black magic, Llyud cause I like his character, and Basch because...he's Captain Basch.

Fang because she's cool and Hope because I find the little guy adorable despite his whining but seriously did people miss the character development he has? (and mommy Lightning looking out for him)

FF XIII-2: I used Caith Sith and...crap I don't know what it was called. All I know is I named it Crumpt and it had a Lightning mask on its head.

*I could comment on III and IV (DS) but this is really way too long and I'm not far enough in on III.

i got a brainstorm for a new post but it somewhat mirrors yours do you mind if i make a thread?

anyway my reply is
I - black mage, white mage, warrior, monk
II - firion-two swords/debuffer, maria-archer/black mage, guy-two axe/white mage & buffer
III - luneth-devout, arc-magus, refia-ninja, ingus-dark knight (never could get onion knight)
IV - cecil, porom, kain, rydia, yang
V - bartz-mime w/black,white and dual cast, lenna-freelancer w/two swords, rapid fire&spellblade
faris-freelancer w/two katanas, rapidfire&finisher, krile-mime w/time,white and dual cast
VI - terra, celes, relm, mog
VII - cloud, tifa, vincent
VIII - squall. selphie, quistis
IX - zidane, steiner, freya, amarant
X - tidus, auron, kimhari
XII - vaan, balthier, basch
XIII - lightning, sazh, fang

Friendly Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
FFVI - Celes, Locke, Cyan and Edgar
FFVII - Cloud, Red and Cid
FFVIII - Squall, Zell and Rinoa
FFX - Tidus, Wakka and Auron
FFXIII - Lightning, Fang and Hope

Sparkly Dabbler

9,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
YazooSoma
AppleSpiceKat
While not every installment of the Final Fantasy series allows you to pick who is and isn't in your party there are still plenty of games that do. Sometimes it's an easy decision who to use, other times you want to use everyone but just have to choose.

So, who is your team (please say what game are they from) and why? You can say it for one game or for all the games you've played.

In the games that don't give you that option maybe you could say who was/were your favorite members of your group. Like what was their job class? Or like with FF II you could say what skills you had the characters learn. Or in the case of X-2 you could say what your favorite dresspheres for Rikku, Yuna, and Paine were. Or with XIII-2 maybe what roles you gave to Noel and Serah and what monster you used as your 3rd party member.

Here's my teams and why(it'll be rather long so either read or skip it and reply!):

FF I: Have a warrior, thief, white mage, black mage

FF II: Firion was a sword user/black mage/support magic, Maria bow and white/support magic, Guy axes all the way...and then all those people who kept coming in and out of my party.

Cloud and Tifa because I always like having couples in my group and Vincent because he is one of my favorite FF characters.

FF VIII: Squall, Zell, and Quistis
I didn't use Rinoa because by time she was a constant member I had already been using these guys a lot. To be honest this group just kind of...happened. I didn't have much reason behind it.

FF IX: Zidane, Garnet, Steiner, Freya (for a while I had Vivi but then I switched him for Freya)
Again, Garnet for the couple, Steiner cause he was awesome(and I prefer heavy hitters), and Freya because I love dragoons.

FF X: Tidus, Wakka, Auron, and Yuna (I used everyone else off and on as I needed them)
I know it was only a 3 person party but I would switch Yuna in often enough. Again, the couple (Tidua and Yuna), Wakka because he was a hard hitter, and Auron who was hard hitter and a bamf (plus his skills came in handy).

FF X-2(their dresspheres): Yuna: Samurai Rikku: Trainer Paine:Beserker
Samurai looked cool, trainer was fun, and beserker was a hard hitter.

FF XII-Revenant Wings: Vaan, Penelo, Kytes, Llyud, and Basch
Vaan and Penelo for the couple, Kytes for the black magic, Llyud cause I like his character, and Basch because...he's Captain Basch.

Fang because she's cool and Hope because I find the little guy adorable despite his whining but seriously did people miss the character development he has? (and mommy Lightning looking out for him)

FF XIII-2: I used Caith Sith and...crap I don't know what it was called. All I know is I named it Crumpt and it had a Lightning mask on its head.

*I could comment on III and IV (DS) but this is really way too long and I'm not far enough in on III.

i got a brainstorm for a new post but it somewhat mirrors yours do you mind if i make a thread?

anyway my reply is
I - black mage, white mage, warrior, monk
II - firion-two swords/debuffer, maria-archer/black mage, guy-two axe/white mage & buffer
III - luneth-devout, arc-magus, refia-ninja, ingus-dark knight (never could get onion knight)
IV - cecil, porom, kain, rydia, yang
V - bartz-mime w/black,white and dual cast, lenna-freelancer w/two swords, rapid fire&spellblade
faris-freelancer w/two katanas, rapidfire&finisher, krile-mime w/time,white and dual cast
VI - terra, celes, relm, mog
VII - cloud, tifa, vincent
VIII - squall. selphie, quistis
IX - zidane, steiner, freya, amarant
X - tidus, auron, kimhari
XII - vaan, balthier, basch
XIII - lightning, sazh, fang

Go ahead. I don't mind at all. =)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff