Welcome to Gaia! ::

Milady Alluca
I'm not a huge fan of FFX, but the ending was sad in a strong way. I loved the Japanese version since Yuna's sad little Thank You holds so much more than a plain old "I love you." I personally don't think there is real weight to love yous, I think they're more useful for light hearted scenes, or when used in more heavily psychological breaks :B

The end of Crisis Core is just...really heavy for me. Zack was always my favorite from the FFVII series and it was hard to watch him die. His death was almost humiliating on the surface, but he remained proud and sure throughout and it was to protect a friend, I got pretty emotional. The English version leaves some to be desired, but it's easy to find the Japanese cut so no need for me to holler.

I think some parts of FFXII made me cry, but more of me being easily emotional at some things and my unending love for XII. There was nothing for me to think of that just made me flat out sob though.

Same with FFXIII. It's my favorite game, but I think the only cry-worthy time was the end, from both sadness and bittersweet happiness.

I agree the thank you ending is more powerful of the two versions, I actually find the simplistic way she thanked him for everything better it sums up without the need of the dramatic confession because I mean it's obvious to everyone playing the game that's how they feel, so it didn't need the confession of love to really sell it because we already knew.

Sometimes a few words and the way in which they are said speaks volumes more than I love you.

As for FFXII the scene where Gabranth has to kill Drace is awful, as is the attack on that city mentioned ^ above in someone's posts, both are sad, for some reason I attached to Basche and his storyline more than the others. Though Balthier is admittedly awesome too.

Questionable Conversationalist

ReiaVasilis
I agree the thank you ending is more powerful of the two versions, I actually find the simplistic way she thanked him for everything better it sums up without the need of the dramatic confession because I mean it's obvious to everyone playing the game that's how they feel, so it didn't need the confession of love to really sell it because we already knew.

Sometimes a few words and the way in which they are said speaks volumes more than I love you.

As for FFXII the scene where Gabranth has to kill Drace is awful, as is the attack on that city mentioned ^ above in someone's posts, both are sad, for some reason I attached to Basche and his storyline more than the others. Though Balthier is admittedly awesome too.

I totally agree with you there. In fact, I remember kind of just sitting at my desk staring at my screen silently for awhile after having looked up the Japanese ending out of curiosity. If anything, it made me a little angry at the English cut because to me, it felt like the translators assumed the majority of people would have been too block headed to fully appreciate what Yuna had said and that they wouldn't get the gravity of just WHAT she said and HOW she said it. The simplicity of the original scene made it hurt more, and then having seen her run desperately at him just beforehand, then that sad little acceptance...for all I dislike about X, the ending is really strong simply because of Yuna.

And ah yes, I didn't really think of that from XII, it's been a long time since my last playthough so memory is pretty fuzzy on some things, and while I adored Basch, a pair of pirates had stolen my heart and attentions from the get go. I think for my personal view of XII, I didn't always see it in my usual emotional way and while I was really touched at scenes and may have shed a tear, for me playing it was sort of like a battle myself. The sad parts were like painful wounds and I didn't really have it in me to just cry (even though I cry pretty easily when it comes to these things) because I had to keep persevering and-ohgod I'm such a total dork when it comes to XII and XIII do please excuse me.

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
The You're Not Alone scene in IX.
Tellah's death in IV
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII: Zack's death.
Final Fantasy VIII: The scene with Squall and Rinoa in the Ragnarok. The ending sequence. The scene with Laguna and Julia in Deling City. The entirety of Laguna's dream sequence at the beginning of Disc 2. Note that most of this is due to nostalgia.
Final Fantasy IX: The ending sequence. The "You're Not Alone" scene always evokes strong feelings.
Final Fantasy X: The ending sequence. Tidus and Jecht's encounter before the final boss.

Final Fantasy XIII's TGS trailer makes me tear up, because waiting for XIII was a HUGE part of my early teenage years. None of the scenes from the actual game make me that sad though.
I can't remember much from I-VI or XII, because I haven't played them in years. VII never really made me sad.

Quotable Genius

Only one.
Zack's death at the end of Crisis Core. I kinda knew he was gonna die, I hadn't gotten serious about playing ff7 to the end yet but the clues started to become more clear as things went on.

He was an awesome guy, funny, charismatic, truly worthy to wield the Buster Sword.
He runs into bullshit after bullshit as his mentor/older brother figure goes mad with the realization of what he is, as his surrogate mentor does the same, as he is turned into some test subject for TWO YEARS, and loses the possible love of his life, Aeris/th because of it.

He watches what remains of his first mentor and original boss die, and his last remaining friend is in a drug induced coma.

But the icing on the cake? He dies protecting said friend from the Shinra army.
Or really, I should say "we" die, since the player is in control for most of the last fight, but no matter how much a** you kick, the ending is still the same.

He died a true hero; Soldier First Class Zack Fair

Versatile Wolf

10,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100
wish i played crisis core for me was the ending of FF9.. everyone though Zidane was dead and there he was appearing at the play at the end..
Zack dying in FF7:CC and when Vivi talks with that one black mage (w-was his name No.285?) about death.

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Due to me not liking to cry I didn't actually shed tears but I got close in these scenes and probably would have if I let myself:

Final Fantasy X- Tidus fading at the end
Final Fantasy XIII-2: Serah's death (the whole led up to it with Noel pleading for her not to die... cry
FF4- When Anna and Tellah die
FF6- When it showed Cyan's dead child pulled out of the bed. crying
FF13-2-When Serah Dies cry

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
User Image
"Forever...

A Thousand Words concert. I get emotional at times, but that the one scene that gets me teary.

...and ever."
User Image

In a relationship with her lonesome self

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Building the Army 50
Aeris dying; in FFV when the music box plays; and the whole Tidus and Yuna in the water scene, especially since I know how close the game is to ending.
For me it was when Tidus faded away. It was extremely emotional because I had become so attached to his character and Yuna falling through him only made it much worse. However, I was crying for days after Yuna's speech. Mostly because of when she says "For the people and the friends that we have lost....and the dreams that have faded...." the music just plays and you see a few of the scenes from the game since you started until the end. At that moment I realized how far I'd gotten and how much the characters changed from the start until now. It also allowed me to understand exactly what Yuna had lost. Once she said "never forget them" my eyes were blinded by tears because I didn't want it to end. I love that game.

Gaian

VIII- The end clip where Laguna has the flashback of proposing to Raine.

IX- When Kuja finds out he isn't immortal, and thus isn't the person he was created to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff