Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aeris' death will probably always be the one for me... Urgh, I think it's the way she pretty much sacrifices herself, the music, the way everyone else pays their respects, Cloud's speech... Something about it all I find very touching.

Red XIII finding out the truth about his father was great as well, as someone else said it's such a human thing in a way. I thought it was a great scene in the game.

And now I have a creeping suspicion once my workplace shuts down I may well be giving FFVII another playthrough...
Okay.. Since I have more time now.

FFVII: Aerith's Death. You have no idea how much I was fighting back the tears to actually fight Jenova. I liked the bit at the end when Cloud said that killing Sephiroth was for her. It made me want to cry then too.

FFVIII: There was a lot. Squalls backstory in the orphanage. Rinoa floating through space. To make it harder, I'd just went through a horrible break up right before I got to the Rinoa space part. It wasn't as great as I wanted it to be because I was too busy crying to save Rinoa.

FFIX: I haven't beaten the whole game but I've gotten to the final boss (then a jerk stole everything game related for drugs so I lost where I was). Anyway, since I've seen the ending, the ending when Zidane came back to Garnet. And Vivi... OMG Vivi... His whole story made me want to cry.

FFX: Nothing really. I didn't get too attached to the characters. I liked them and all, but nothing really made me want to cry. I thought the story was more cute than anything.

I didn't play 12 enough to like it; then it got stolen. And I haven't gotten far enough into 13 to find something that'll make me cry yet. I'm sure I will. I know the fate of Fang and Vanille.

Quotable Citizen

FFVIII - Where Squall goes after Rinoa in space. He's holding her, and they're just floating there; Squall wondering what's next. Dying? That just got to me. Not sure why. It was such a sweet thing to do.

FFX - The very end, where Yuna is standing on the peir whistling out to the ocean, wishing that it would bring Tidus back. crying

FFXIII - After Hope tells Snow about his mother, and Snow ends up saving Hope/carrying him while he himself is wounded. When he breaks down and asks Hope what he can do to make it right. That is... so... sad.

Adorable Wife

11,225 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100

"I'm not fit to help anyone.
Not my family.
Not my friends.
Nobody.."

Honestly? I have never cried while playing any of the Final Fantasy games. However, there were some moments that were heart-clenching for me.

FFVII:
Aerith's death: It seems odd, but her role as a martyr in the game just tugged a heart string. I always thought she knew what she was doing...going alone to the forgotten city to pray...and then getting struck down by Masamune. She gave up her life for everyone in the planet. People who didn't know her, care about her...and people who wanted to use her for their own selfish gains.

Red XIII realising the fate of his father. It was just...sad. All that time, he was calling his father a coward, hating his very memory when in fact, he fought of the tribe on his own and lost his life.

FFX:
Honestly? It was when Tidus realized that Yuna was sacrificing her life in order to protect Spira from Sin. I think it was also the song that played during that scene. And then remembering how Yuna stated that whenever she was sad, she would always smile. It was just sad.

I probably have more, but can't think of the rest right now...

"That's right...
I am your living legacy."

User Image

Mega Noob

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
*spoilers*

Ending of Final Fantasy 12 was sad the first time, pretty epic, also back in the day the scene in FF7 with Nanaki (redXIII) where he meets his father Seto, the music helps a lot, Aeris dying was sad too. I haven't played 10 yet but I'm going to soon, after I finish a few of the files I got going on right now in other games.
Final Fantasy IV - When Palom and Porom turned to stone and Tellah's death. Just hearing the music when these moments were happening were enough to get you choked up.

Final Fantasy VI - When Celes' attemped suicide, Setzer's past and Locke's past. Those scenes got a couple of tears from me.

Final Fantasy VIII - Squall rescuing Rinoa from the Sorceress Memorial. It shows how much he cares about and has accepted her into his life. I love watching characters develop and grow and Squall is a really good example of this, had me crying a little bit too.

The Most Emotional Moment in Final Fantasy History

Final Fantasy IX - The famous You're Not Alone sequence in Disc 3. Honestly, when I first played Final Fantasy IX I liked it but not well enough. But when this sequence came... it got more tears out of me than any other moment. To see Zidane fall apart like that and losing his faith in himself and in his friends but them coming his rescue was the best and most emotional moment ever.

Oh and one more thing: Honestly Final Fantasy VII never got to me and Final Fantasy X I didn't get very far. So those have not been included.

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Squallfyr707
Nothing Compares to the final battle of Zack in Final Fantasy:Crisis Core. You fight over and over and over....and then the wheel starts breaking, memories start fadeing...but you keep fighting you hope this isnt the end that you could change the course of FF7 history....but it is to no avail....

Yeah, after fighting Zack's losing battle...it's so sad to see his strength fading and the DMW break down. )':
The saddest scene that made me cry was in XIII Serah turns to crystal it like as if she was giving a dying wish but then when she came back from her crystal slumber it made me cry more tat lightning and serah hugged each other. It was very emotional and happy. It was happy sad LOL. heart
Han Hyuga
Aeris' death will probably always be the one for me... Urgh, I think it's the way she pretty much sacrifices herself, the music, the way everyone else pays their respects, Cloud's speech... Something about it all I find very touching.

Red XIII finding out the truth about his father was great as well, as someone else said it's such a human thing in a way. I thought it was a great scene in the game.

And now I have a creeping suspicion once my workplace shuts down I may well be giving FFVII another playthrough...

I agree it was one of my saddest scene list i was so upset when Aerith died then the materia fell. I couldnt hold the tears.

Beloved Star

10,125 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
Basically any main-character's death crying
(namely FF7-any- and FF4 ds)

FFX- Tidus... :<

User Image

6,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I don't know why but whenever I see the scene in Final fantasy 13 where Snow and Serrah are flying through the fireworks to share what they don't know is probably their last kiss...and time together.

5,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Maybe not cry, but these scenes get me emotional:

FFVI: All of Locke's scenes with Rachel. The music and the mood just take your breath away.
FFVII: That moment at Cosmo Canyon when you think Bugenhagen's going to die.
->The scene with Nanaki when he finds out about Seto and the Gi.
FFIX: Vivi's scene with the dolls and Black Waltz 3 as you're escaping to Lindblum.
->When you go to Burmecia and everyone's dead.
->When Zidane goes brainless at Pandemonium.

...Wow. I sound like I have no heart.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

The fireworks scene in XIII gets me pretty emotional, because I can only imagine the happiness Serah feels and yet that insecurity knowing she may turn into a crystal or a C'ieth and will never get to be with Snow.

The ending to XIII. Oh gosh. Vanille's lines just resonate in my mind... and then what they did... D8

The ending to X. TIDUSSSSS. WHYYYYY. And then Yuna's little speech. ;~;

The ending to Crisis Core. Who wouldn't cry to that? Now whenever I hear the song that plays, I get all depressed.

Dapper Lunatic

5,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
FF7: When Aeris Dies
FF10: When Tidus finds Jecht's recordings and Aurons like he loves you.

Dapper Lunatic

5,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
lord aps
FF7: When Aeris Dies
FF10: When Tidus finds Jecht's recordings and Aurons like he loves you.

Oh and the Fire Works scenes in FF13

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces