Welcome to Gaia! ::

first game i had for PS was FF7
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Langlen
Literatic
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
Me, it's stuck on Crisis Core FFVII,and Dirge of Cerberus FFVII..

User Image
Tell me those aren't your favourites.

I got into Final Fantasy when my brother bought FFVII for the PSX when it first came out.
After that I just kept playing them all as they came out, sometimes going back and playing FFIV, and the other older ones.
My favourites are FFIX & X. But damn, after listening to Aerith's Theme again, I'm getting all nostalgic about FFVII. So maybe that too.

Well, Crisis Core IS leaps and bounds better than the original FFVII.

In what way? =/

Every way?

The only things that I give FFVII credit for is the materia system, and paving way for the excellent character that was Zack Fair.
Kiwani_Fire_Demon
For me it was when I brought Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie when it was for sell in Wal-Mart, when I watched it I didn't know that the hell they were talking about, but I was still interested on playing. And when I saw that they had Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII I brought it about 6 months after it came out. Still a good game even though I beat it about five times already....I'm stuck on Sephiroth ever since I started it on the hard difficulty level. Yeah... I know I started late, and I missed out on some good games. And also what is your favorite one out of the entire series. Me, it's stuck on Crisis Core FFVII,and Dirge of Cerberus FFVII..
Hey man i can help you play the original ff7 if you really wanna play it,just hit me up with a pm and ill give you my files so that you can play it on your cpu if you want...

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Langlen
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Langlen
Literatic
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

User Image

I got into Final Fantasy when my brother bought FFVII for the PSX when it first came out.
After that I just kept playing them all as they came out, sometimes going back and playing FFIV, and the other older ones.
My favourites are FFIX & X. But damn, after listening to Aerith's Theme again, I'm getting all nostalgic about FFVII. So maybe that too.

In what way? =/

Every way?

The only things that I give FFVII credit for is the materia system, and paving way for the excellent character that was Zack Fair.

Except that Zack paved the way for Cloud, canonically speaking. Also, there was absolutely no reason for the Gackt Genesis or Angeal characters to exist, since FFVII already established that Sephiroth was the one and only offspring produced by the Jenova Project and the origin for the SOLDIER program. Their inclusion and the whole plotline revolving around them was probably the worst part of the Compilation.

Now let's get to gameplay. The camera angles are so tight that in several areas you can't see anything at all (particularly if you end up having to hug a wall during a fight), which is the sort of fake difficulty that just pisses me off to no end. Next up is the DMW. I really shouldn't have to say why having to rely on an unreliable Limit Break is bad--there is a ******** reason no one ever used Cait Sith and why so many people refused to use Setzer's Slots, and at least with them you had some small amount of control over what may or may not come out.

Don't get me wrong, CC did do a wonderful job fleshing out Sephiroth's pre-Nibelheim personality, and I appreciate knowing more about Zack. But that only just barely compensates for its flaws.
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Langlen
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Langlen
Literatic
Kiwani_Fire_Demon

User Image

In what way? =/

Every way?

Except that Zack paved the way for Cloud, canonically speaking. Also, there was absolutely no reason for the Gackt Genesis or Angeal characters to exist, since FFVII already established that Sephiroth was the one and only offspring produced by the Jenova Project and the origin for the SOLDIER program. Their inclusion and the whole plotline revolving around them was probably the worst part of the Compilation.

Now let's get to gameplay. The camera angles are so tight that in several areas you can't see anything at all (particularly if you end up having to hug a wall during a fight), which is the sort of fake difficulty that just pisses me off to no end. Next up is the DMW. I really shouldn't have to say why having to rely on an unreliable Limit Break is bad--there is a ******** reason no one ever used Cait Sith and why so many people refused to use Setzer's Slots, and at least with them you had some small amount of control over what may or may not come out.

Don't get me wrong, CC did do a wonderful job fleshing out Sephiroth's pre-Nibelheim personality, and I appreciate knowing more about Zack. But that only just barely compensates for its flaws.

What I meant is that FFVII created one of the best characters in Final Fantasy IMO, which is Zack Fair.

Regardless of their actual "purpose" in the story, however, I vastly prefer Angeal and Genesis to Sephiroth, and I actually prefer the story in CC than what's present in FFVII.

Also, the only "fault" I find in the gameplay is the constant pressing of "X". Outside of that, I've no problems with it.

Again: I enjoy every facet of Crisis Core over FFVII. It's just better made, IMHO.

Hell, I enjoy Dirge of Cerberus more than FFVII.
seeing Yuna in X-2 on tv
Then rented the game and got sucked in and played every game, except 13

Slumbering Tengu

User Image
Well when I was about 9 I'd played every Sega Genesis game we had
I had played our two PS1 demo games we had a thousand times
and was stuck in my Parasite Eve game

I remembered that my dad also had Final Fantasy 7
and with nothing better to do picked it up and began to play
Chrono Trigger got me into the FF series.

Back then, though, Square was still good.
Kingdom Hearts. I wanted to know who these non-disney characters were.
If I'm Allowed To Cry Only Inside My Heart...

My cousin actually introuduced me to Final Fantasy VII when I was about seven, so that's probably a part of it. And then my sister got Final Fantasy VIII as a gift and since then I play any Final Fantasy I can get my hands on. Eh heh : D

...It Seems Like A Punishment Of Some Kind...

Codebreaking Champion

Let me see.... I think I was 12 or 13 and my best friend from when I was young was playing FF8 and I was just amazed. It looked so pretty and nothing like I had ever played before. All I had played was Mario on super Nintendo and the first final fantasy on the regular Nintendo which I thought was boring and was very young so I did not understand how the battle system worked at all. After playing FF8 I got FF7 and that's when the addiction rolled in. The story line was fantastic the characters were amazing. I was hooked. And now I'm currently playing FF13 and I have to say it was way over my expectations!!! Though leveling up as always is a b***h!!! xD

O.G. Pieslinger

The first game I played was IX...My older bro was babysitting me while my parents were grocery shopping or something, so he brought down his PS2, having never had a PSX, and played FFIX. After a while, he let me play, and I was like, "Hey, this is fun."

Then I backtracked to VII, since I learned that there was more than one game in the series. I then rented and later bought VIII, and then we bought X and X-2. Then I got V and VI in anthologies, and got XII when it came out. I found IV in an "antique" game shop and bought the versions of I and II for PSP. Then I bought CC, which I really like, despite the plot inconsistencies between it and VII. Now I'm just waiting for the price on XIII to come down a little.

Eh. I prefer RPGs to other genres, and the only reason I'm looking for all the games in the FF series is because I've always liked all of them well enough.
I've always loved the graphics of the games, though I didn't play them until fairly recently when I got FFXIII.

Anxious Hunter

Was wandering through the videogame section at the movie rental store when I was like 12 when I saw FFX. Thought the cover art was pretty and gave it a try. Love the franchise ever since. I've gotten into FF7 (3rd disk I think), beginning of FF8, and a good portion of FFXII. The only ones I've completed so far have been FFX and FFX-2 gonk
Izenna

The first game I played was IX...My older bro was babysitting me while my parents were grocery shopping or something, so he brought down his PS2, having never had a PSX, and played FFIX. After a while, he let me play, and I was like, "Hey, this is fun."

Then I backtracked to VII, since I learned that there was more than one game in the series. I then rented and later bought VIII, and then we bought X and X-2. Then I got V and VI in anthologies, and got XII when it came out. I found IV in an "antique" game shop and bought the versions of I and II for PSP. Then I bought CC, which I really like, despite the plot inconsistencies between it and VII. Now I'm just waiting for the price on XIII to come down a little.

Eh. I prefer RPGs to other genres, and the only reason I'm looking for all the games in the FF series is because I've always liked all of them well enough.
I love your Eiko avatar. :3

I started playing Final Fantasy because I'd been hearing about FFVII online for a long time. When I went to GameStop, however, they only had VIII, so I bought it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff