Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I've always seemed to have had opinions about aspects of Final Fantasy that the fanbase at large have a different opinion on, to the point where people assume that I hate these games when I don't, in fact, some of them are among my favorite games.

I've never found the music of the series to be all that interesting, especially One Winged Angel which I find to be the most overrated boss theme of all time.

I usually find the supportive cast more interesting than the protagonist.

Final Fantasy VII is good.

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Yuna and Raika

I know. I liked it a lot. I'm saying is that I'm not really a fan of Nobuo Uematsu's music.
Caucasian Walk
Yuna and Raika

I know. I liked it a lot. I'm saying is that I'm not really a fan of Nobuo Uematsu's music.

You asked me to express an unpopular opinion. That's what I did. "Final Fantasy VII is good" is not an opinion that falls in line with the common consensus, therefore it qualifies as unpopular. I have a few more.

Oerba Dia Vanille and Hope Estheim are among the series's most well-written characters.

Yuna only got more interesting and sympathetic when she started shooting people in the head.

Final Fantasy X-2 is the most complete game in the series and features its best balance of drama and comedy, as well as featuring the best battle system in the J-RPG subgenre.

The final cut of Final Fantasy XIV was better than a lot of MMOs on the market(Guild Wars 2 comes immediately to mind).

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Yuna and Raika
Caucasian Walk
Yuna and Raika

You asked me to express an unpopular opinion. That's what I did. "Final Fantasy VII is good" is not an opinion that falls in line with the common consensus, therefore it qualifies as unpopular. I have a few more.

Oerba Dia Vanille and Hope Estheim are among the series's most well-written characters.

Yuna only got more interesting and sympathetic when she started shooting people in the head.

Final Fantasy X-2 is the most complete game in the series and features its best balance of drama and comedy, as well as featuring the best battle system in the J-RPG subgenre.

The final cut of Final Fantasy XIV was better than a lot of MMOs on the market(Guild Wars 2 comes immediately to mind).

I was in full on defensive mode since I said I didn't like one winged angel. Guess I jumped the gun sweatdrop
Caucasian Walk
Yuna and Raika
Caucasian Walk
Yuna and Raika

I was in full on defensive mode since I said I didn't like one winged angel. Guess I jumped the gun sweatdrop

It's all good. For what it's worth, I think 'One Winged Angel' is okay too, although it gets a little mired in its own operatic aspirations for its own good.

Beloved Receiver

I thoroughly loved FFXIII.
I like Vaan.

Fated Paladin

• I really like Edward, Vaan, and Seymour
  • I love FFII and FFX-2
  • I really don't like Balthier
  • I don't hate Rinoa
  • I found FFVI incredibly underwhelming, and find its fanbase more annoying than FFVII's
  • I liked Yuna a lot more in FFX-2
  • I liked My Hands being used in FFXIII, and like it a lot more than Kimi ga Iru Kara
  • I think most Ivalice moogles (with only a few exceptions) are creepy
  • I don't care about Zack
  • I don't like Golbez
  • I think Angela Aki's version of Eyes on Me is a million times better than Faye Wong's
  • I despise the Dark Knight class

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Hrmmm unpopulare opinions that I personally have...

-Final Fantasy IV the After Years is a really great continuation of the series, and the graphics for it for the PSP is wonderful.

-Crsis Core was in my opinion absolute garbage messing up the character of Zack to a degree it's mind boggling.

-Hope was a interesting, pretty good written character in FFXIII.

-The character designs by Nomura are ugly, pointy, and have way too much crap on them. Clashing in color and making their silloutes all the same.

-I think One Winged Angel is a rather boring song.

-Dissidia has a lot of wasted potential they could have done.

-I really don't care about Verses XIII, since it's another XIII game after all. It can remain in limbo for all I care, I'd rather a new Final Fantasy (that isn't also that tech demo they did recently)

-I'm fine with the rereleases and remakes they keep doing for the older games.

-Final Fantasy Dimensions was the most recent Final Fantasy that was any good.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
- Viera should wear more clothes.
- Nobuo's replacements have surpassed him in every way (similar to OP's opinion).
- Kefka is the single least interesting villain in the series.
- Cloud's sword is not especially large.
- The ATB system wasn't really an improvement over turn-based battles.
- High-tech Final Fantasies are more unique and appealing than medieval Final Fantasies.
- The newer games tend to be funner than the older games.
- Shiva looked best in Tactics Advanced.
- Lalafells are cuter than Taru-taru.

ninja
FFVI was terrible(in terms of everything. terrible characters, terrible story, terrible villain)
FFX-2 has the best battle system in the series
FFXIII was pretty good(even though the weapon upgrade system was absolute s**t)
FFVIII was pretty good
FFVII was very good
FFTA and TA2 were terrible
FFIII has the worst job class system in the series, and is a terrible game in general
Dirge of Cerberus was ok
Advent Children(Complete) is a good movie sequel
Crisis Core was pretty good

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I prefer Final Fantasy VII over Final Fantasy VI. And this is coming from someone who played VI before VII. In fact, I played III, IV, and VI all before VII, yet VII has always manged remain my favorite Final Fantasy game of all time. I'm extremely unapologetic about that despite what the more pretentious and pedantic people of the fanbase think about it. I never took Kefka seriously because I've never taken juggalos seriously.

Ruthless Consumer

9,000 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I love everything about X-2 and accept it as part of X's storyline.

Crisis Core is just as good as VII

I love it how they made a movie

Final Fantasy I was challenging and tedious and I like that in a game.

I love high trigger random encounters.
I LIKE DISSIDIA.

PROBLEM?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out