Welcome to Gaia! ::

PrinnyDance's Spouse

Anxious Browser

13,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pretty much any of the good guys in II dying made me sad. And when the Dreadnought went around and bombed all those towns and killed most of the people in them. But Minwu's was always the worst for me since he's my favorite character.

Palom and Porom's "death" upset me in IV because there was nothing you could do to help them. Then there was the fight right before Rubicante where Edge's parents kill themselves because they got a moment of clarity and didn't want to be mindless violent monsters and hurt their son.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
YourWickedness
Chaos Dirge
Final Fantasy 6: Cid's death and Celes's attempted suicide

You know you can save Cid, but it takes alot of work, and it makes me feel so guilty but for such an emotional scene you just can't resist failing. I mean the music, the setting, "the feels"; it hits you right in the feels!

Celes gives up all hope, not only did Cid die but the world is in shambles, she thinks that everyone she ever cared for is dead, the party, and Locke.

She lies on the beach and suddenly sees a bird, a bird that not only caries a message telling her Locke is still alive but alp symbolizes hope itself. A blue bird alive and thriving in a world that was torn apart and dying.

I mean That scene still gets to me to this day the way they just set it up and directed it was soo good. I don't think that you could pull off a scene like that in games today without making it look incredibly corny with how everyone is mimicking Hollywood style in video games today. It was like a scene from a well written play preformed with sprites.

FMV scenes for FF6 would be awesome. The artwork for the game was great but imagining the game with FF13 graphics would be incredible.

I would love to see the scene where Sabin is holding up a building about to collapse HD ff13 graphics. But I always though it was weird that there were random scorpions within the house.
Kefka Palazzo -FF6-
YourWickedness
Chaos Dirge

You know you can save Cid, but it takes alot of work, and it makes me feel so guilty but for such an emotional scene you just can't resist failing. I mean the music, the setting, "the feels"; it hits you right in the feels!

Celes gives up all hope, not only did Cid die but the world is in shambles, she thinks that everyone she ever cared for is dead, the party, and Locke.

She lies on the beach and suddenly sees a bird, a bird that not only caries a message telling her Locke is still alive but alp symbolizes hope itself. A blue bird alive and thriving in a world that was torn apart and dying.

I mean That scene still gets to me to this day the way they just set it up and directed it was soo good. I don't think that you could pull off a scene like that in games today without making it look incredibly corny with how everyone is mimicking Hollywood style in video games today. It was like a scene from a well written play preformed with sprites.

FMV scenes for FF6 would be awesome. The artwork for the game was great but imagining the game with FF13 graphics would be incredible.

I would love to see the scene where Sabin is holding up a building about to collapse HD ff13 graphics. But I always though it was weird that there were random scorpions within the house.

I loved that part personally I would like to see a scene where kefka randomly "decides" to shoot his laser upon the ruins of the world. I suppose its not too out of the ordinary for their to be bugs such as scorpions living under a house???

Dapper Lunatic

5,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
- Palom and Porom turning into stone
- Zacks Death in Crisis Core "Sleep Tight" crying
- And Ending of 10
Games_Dean
- And Ending of 10

its as shocking in the ending of 10 for me when i first played it as...

User Image

Dapper Lunatic

5,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
FrostBite ist Eins
Games_Dean
- And Ending of 10

User Image

gonk
Games_Dean
FrostBite ist Eins
Games_Dean
- And Ending of 10

User Image

gonk

User Image

Dapper Lunatic

5,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
FrostBite ist Eins
Games_Dean
FrostBite ist Eins
Games_Dean
- And Ending of 10

User Image

gonk

User Image

WTF is happening
gonk gonk gonk

Aged Poster

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Chaos Dirge

I always hated this. It takes so much work to care for someone, so I'll just let him die. Plus you know, it adds "depth" to her character! You mean how she would rather be lazy and just let the last person that she may ever see again just die? Yeah it does add something. She's a b***h. I don't understand how letting someone die who you can save is a good thing. Makes me pissed just thinking about it. But opinions. I just had to get that one off my chest.

Anyway, I always feel for Wakka for losing his brother. I have no idea how I would be able to handle such a lose after losing both my parents. I think it would honestly break me. Also Vivi and him coming to terms with death. Damn those feels.

Dangerous Genius

Lastcloud
Chaos Dirge

I always hated this. It takes so much work to care for someone, so I'll just let him die. Plus you know, it adds "depth" to her character! You mean how she would rather be lazy and just let the last person that she may ever see again just die? Yeah it does add something. She's a b***h. I don't understand how letting someone die who you can save is a good thing. Makes me pissed just thinking about it. But opinions. I just had to get that one off my chest.

Anyway, I always feel for Wakka for losing his brother. I have no idea how I would be able to handle such a lose after losing both my parents. I think it would honestly break me. Also Vivi and him coming to terms with death. Damn those feels.

It doesn't make her lazy, When you are a kid and don't have faqs While playing something like this you don't know that giving him a faster fish or a slower fish determines if he lives or dies. First time I played I literally thought there was no way to save him. After I found out there was I was severely disappointed by what I saw when I replayed it for the first time saving him. It wasn't dramatic its just "You saved me, I love you, now hurry and leave to save your friends! I know you can do it!" It was quick, it provided nothing, Cid is never spoken of again. That's lazy writing.

On top of that they live in a apocalyptic wasteland, food is scarce. I really don't see how she is lazy for something that the player determines or lazy not finding the right food for him and on a planet that has been ripped to shreds. It doesn't make sense if you say she is lazy, if you say the player is lazy that's a bit more believable. If its just a player choice you could say the player is lazy but that isn't true all the time either they might just like the scene like I do.

Calling her lazy? Thats like calling Ico "Lazy" because he lets the girl he is guiding die. Its like saying "I'm sorry little boy your dad just died, but your lazy and a b*****d because you couldn't find your way to the road and get him help.

I think that you handle death in fairly immature way just by how you handle that scene because nothing in it screams lazy and I as a person would never actually let a person die intentionally to shape my own character. But when you read a book the writer has to chose for characters to die, are you also claiming that the writer is lazy because they could have just saved them all in their imagination? Its a story, it has drama, treat the drama like a drama.

Aged Poster

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Chaos Dirge

It doesn't make her lazy, When you are a kid and don't have faqs While playing something like this you don't know that giving him a faster fish or a slower fish determines if he lives or dies. First time I played I literally thought there was no way to save him. After I found out there was I was severely disappointed by what I saw when I replayed it for the first time saving him. It wasn't dramatic its just "You saved me, I love you, now hurry and leave to save your friends! I know you can do it!" It was quick, it provided nothing, Cid is never spoken of again. That's lazy writing.

On top of that they live in a apocalyptic wasteland, food is scarce. I really don't see how she is lazy for something that the player determines or lazy not finding the right food for him and on a planet that has been ripped to shreds. It doesn't make sense if you say she is lazy, if you say the player is lazy that's a bit more believable. If its just a player choice you could say the player is lazy but that isn't true all the time either they might just like the scene like I do.

Calling her lazy? Thats like calling Ico "Lazy" because he lets the girl he is guiding die. Its like saying "I'm sorry little boy your dad just died, but your lazy and a b*****d because you couldn't find your way to the road and get him help.

I think that you handle death in fairly immature way just by how you handle that scene because nothing in it screams lazy and I as a person would never actually let a person die intentionally to shape my own character. But when you read a book the writer has to chose for characters to die, are you also claiming that the writer is lazy because they could have just saved them all in their imagination? Its a story, it has drama, treat the drama like a drama.

I just hate the whole thing altogether. It's a player driven death, and I should have said I hate it that so many people choose he death route because "depth". I don't like it, and just because he is never mentioned again doesn't mean it was a wasted effort to save someone's life. It never is. If you have the power to save a life, do it. But that is just me. I'm okay with how death is handled in many games but I have to say I hated this one so much. I would have been okay if no choice would have been offered. but so many people just letting a man die because it's easier or they like the scene more pisses me off. I think it's adds more depth that she strives and works so hard to catch all the food needed to keep maybe the only other person she may ever see and succeeding despite his plot relevance. However, that's just me injecting me own view on the whole thing. Probably doesn't stand for s**t.

Dangerous Genius

Lastcloud
Chaos Dirge

I just hate the whole thing altogether. It's a player driven death, and I should have said I hate it that so many people choose he death route because "depth". I don't like it, and just because he is never mentioned again doesn't mean it was a wasted effort to save someone's life. It never is. If you have the power to save a life, do it. But that is just me. I'm okay with how death is handled in many games but I have to say I hated this one so much. I would have been okay if no choice would have been offered. but so many people just letting a man die because it's easier or they like the scene more pisses me off. I think it's adds more depth that she strives and works so hard to catch all the food needed to keep maybe the only other person she may ever see and succeeding despite his plot relevance. However, that's just me injecting me own view on the whole thing. Probably doesn't stand for s**t.

It just isn't written that well, I have to disagree, even him showing up in the credits would have made it worth while. This is suppose to be somebody that she knew since she was a child, they write him off as nothing after you save him its like all he was ever meant to do is give you a raft. The emotional attachment to save him just doesn't match that to have him die it has more of an impact story wise.

It is a wasted effort as far as plot is concerned, and it doesn't make people lazy because the like it because it has more depth. Like I said when I was a kid I didn't know there was a way to save him, One could argue it adds even more depth for her to work hard, find fish every day that is just poisoning him when she is trying to make him well. If you want to be mad, don't be mad at the people because they like a good story, be mad at the developers for making the living path just not enough heart warming to counter the feelings that the death path brings. It doesn't prove anything like people like death over happiness it just proves that one thing written better moves some people more over something written poorly.

Aged Poster

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Chaos Dirge
It just isn't written that well, I have to disagree, even him showing up in the credits would have made it worth while. This is suppose to be somebody that she knew since she was a child, they write him off as nothing after you save him its like all he was ever meant to do is give you a raft. The emotional attachment to save him just doesn't match that to have him die it has more of an impact story wise.

It is a wasted effort as far as plot is concerned, and it doesn't make people lazy because the like it because it has more depth. Like I said when I was a kid I didn't know there was a way to save him, One could argue it adds even more depth for her to work hard, find fish every day that is just poisoning him when she is trying to make him well. If you want to be mad, don't be mad at the people because they like a good story, be mad at the developers for making the living path just not enough heart warming to counter the feelings that the death path brings. It doesn't prove anything like people like death over happiness it just proves that one thing written better moves some people more over something written poorly.

The whole thing is written poorly. Where he dies is nothing but Dues Ex Machina everywhere. And yes I will give you that the player decides to do with Cid and yes, I would have been perfectly fine if you work hard as hell but he still dies.

Anyway,that scene just bugged the hell out of me. Save Cid or let him die. I restarted it like 3 times and saved him on my fourth go. I felt awesome. I didn't need a musical score, a special scene or anything. I saved a man from biting the bullet. If you feel the death scene is better and worth a person to die go for it. It's just a few pixels. I have no idea why it makes me angry. I just know it does. Maybe from me losing so many people and not being able to do anything and then this scenario pops up out of nowhere. I can do something. So I did. It's whatever the player takes away and thinks what is worth it.

Sorry I came off so hostile. Just a personal gripe that I need to remember to keep to myself. And you're right. I shouldn't be mad at the people or Square. It's just my s**t getting in front of everything else. Well I'll still be a little pissed that people think they need a reward for saving someone and at Square for not doing a little something better for saving Cid.
Tidus wasn't asleep. The Fayth were. And the saddest part of FFIX was the whole Vivi situation. Finding you are just a puppet is worse than finding out you are an alien.

I'd say the saddest part of any FF would be... The end of FFXIII. Yes. Vanille and Fang are my favourite characters. So sue me.

Ruthless Informer

11,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Champion 300
  • PvP 200
Hip Knickers
Tidus wasn't asleep. The Fayth were. And the saddest part of FFIX was the whole Vivi situation. Finding you are just a puppet is worse than finding out you are an alien.

I'd say the saddest part of any FF would be... The end of FFXIII. Yes. Vanille and Fang are my favourite characters. So sue me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff