Welcome to Gaia! ::

As many of us who have played Final Fantasy 6, and even multiple times, I'm sure that next to nobody used Sabin. He had a great stat base, a modest charm about his character, and he resembles the blonde guy from the NES Classic Bad Dudes but, can we all agree no one used him because we were all too lazy to do the button combinations for his special command? If I wanted to do an attack and input it at breakneck speeds, it would be a jump-spinkick-hadouken-shoryuken combo with Ryu on Street Fighter 2. All I'm saying is, when I am playing an RPG, turn based or active combat, I'm still gonna sit on my arse, thumbing away on the UP or DOWN on the DPAD, and A and B to select/cancel my selections.
Sabin was a totally cool guy but, I feel like pressing 2 buttons to Bioblast the living hell out of 10 enemies with Edgar, whereas screwing up with Sabin and using the basic pummel on a target while a damned Earth Dragon Quakes everybody. So, now that that is out of the way, who is the 2nd worst character to use in the Final Fantasy Series?

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Stsksl249
As many of us who have played Final Fantasy 6, and even multiple times, I'm sure that next to nobody used Sabin. He had a great stat base, a modest charm about his character, and he resembles the blonde guy from the NES Classic Bad Dudes but, can we all agree no one used him because we were all too lazy to do the button combinations for his special command? If I wanted to do an attack and input it at breakneck speeds, it would be a jump-spinkick-hadouken-shoryuken combo with Ryu on Street Fighter 2. All I'm saying is, when I am playing an RPG, turn based or active combat, I'm still gonna sit on my arse, thumbing away on the UP or DOWN on the DPAD, and A and B to select/cancel my selections.
Sabin was a totally cool guy but, I feel like pressing 2 buttons to Bioblast the living hell out of 10 enemies with Edgar, whereas screwing up with Sabin and using the basic pummel on a target while a damned Earth Dragon Quakes everybody. So, now that that is out of the way, who is the 2nd worst character to use in the Final Fantasy Series?

Speak for yourself. I used Sabin as much as everyone else in the game. The blitz techniques are easy to do. Besides it's all in the menu anyway.

Banon is probably the worst character in the game.
Hey man, I loved using Sabin in battle.

That ******** can suplex a train like no one else can. heart

Versatile Receiver

So yeah people do use Sabin

this thread is over...?

Beloved Hunter

8,500 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
My final team was Sabin, Celes, Locke, and Terra, so... No. You are wrong.

7,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
Lust Jaw
Hey man, I loved using Sabin in battle.

That ******** can suplex a train like no one else can. heart

For some reason I felt lobbing a Phoenix Down at it was awesome.

"Hey Ghost Train! Ya like feathers?" BYAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
REGINA SPEKT0R

this thread is over...?

Not ENOUGH people use Sabin.

And no, the thread isn't over til I hear more cowbell.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
There are 14 characters, people can use whoever the ******** they want.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Stsksl249
REGINA SPEKT0R

this thread is over...?

Not ENOUGH people use Sabin.

And no, the thread isn't over til I hear more cowbell.

The thread isn't over until you get the "Megathread" achievement right ?

You're still wrong. Lots of people use Sabin.
Sabin, Edgar, Celes, Relm was my team...

Wow, so far you're like 0/8 now.

This must be Defender Derek's friend or something.

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I too used Sabin. His Blitz moves are extremely useful. My party was Sabin, Setzer, Edgar, Locke and Celes. heart
lollylikespie
I too used Sabin. His Blitz moves are extremely useful. My party was Sabin, Setzer, Edgar, Locke and Celes. heart

You had a 5 person team?

Did you like... break the game or something?
lollylikespie

:O Ummm... did I miss something? Btw, are you guys talking about the PS1/DS versions of the game? Anybody would know that the DPAD on the SNES controller was finicky regarding the game that was played because believe it or not, each game had a modified axis point (similar to modern games on 360/PS3), and Square's input of the direction recognition wasn't really good because well, it was the first game they developed that used a modded direction axis. Soooo SABIN'S COMBOS WERE ALL FLAWED!

Oh, and Locke, Terra, Celes, Edgar ftw.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces