Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Firestarter

11,975 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I used to... Primarily in VII. I'd name them after friends of mine. The only specific I remember at the time was that I had named one of them, Kailo. Because my ol' buddy Kailo, was awesome.

*ETA*

I no longer do, and haven't for years. It ruins it, IMO XD

Blessed Seeker

I renamed Barret as Mr T.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Brosukimura
I renamed Barret as Mr T.

Who wouldn't

Sparkly Seeker

I'm doing a playthrough of FF7 and I did a Greek name theme this time, mostly because I wanted to name Tifa "Electra."

Cloud - Heracles (brave, strong, the hero)
Barrett - Atlas (big and dumb)
Tifa - Electra (I just like this name)
Aerith - Eurydice (Eurydice dies in her story too)
Red XIII - Cerberus (dog)
Cait Sith - Chimaera (monster... not my best)
Yuffie - Pandora (unpredictable? idk I couldn't think of anything else for this one)
Vincent - Erebus (embodiment of darkness)
Cid - Ares (god of war, short-tempered)
Way back when FFVII came out and I was, like, 11, I had my head up Japan's a**, in particular, the Jrock scene, so I named a lot of characters after various Japanese musicians.

Now I couldn't be bothered. I think my exception would be Dagger in FFIX. I thought it was a dumb name even when I was young so Garnet it would be.

Mega Phantom

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I don't ever rename them, for some reason it bothers me to rename them something else.

Shirtless Hunter

I don't do that anymore.
But when I first received FFVII when I was 6 or 7 years old, I renamed them ALL.

And it was horrible.

Cloud = Claude
Tifa = Stephany
Aerith = Iris
Barret = Allen
RedXIII/Nanaki = Rex
Caith Sith = Big Cat

I'm glad I grew up. xD

Questionable Creature

User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

I like to name Steiner, Rusty, so that whenever Zidane calls him Rusty he'll be all "I'm not Rusty, I'm Adelbert Rusty"

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████

Timid Sweetheart

10,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bookworm 100
I just renamed Luneth so he was called Lepac. It's kind of an inside joke between my two friends that got me into the Tales of series. I named Carol from Vesperia Lepac, since it was Capel backwards. Between my friends and I, we curse his name bitterly whenever something goes wrong, since he's not the best AI.
So far, this Lepac's living up to the name. :I

Oh, and I changed Squall's name to a*****e once. The dialogue became more amusing from that point on.

Blessed Guildsman

I haven't really renamed my FF characters (Well, except for Squall, who I endearingly renamed "PnclDik" wink ) but typically when I play other games, such as pokemon, I've used the names of characters I love from FF.
I've never really renamed my characters... I'm lame like that.
I have named Garnet Sarah before.. But that was her birth name so I guess it doesn't really count.
Zidane- Monkey
Steiner- Rusty
Garnet- Garnet
Vivi- Master

For in-game joke reasons, of course. Steiner always refers to Zidane as a monkey and he gets mad about it, and vice versa with Steiner. We call Vivi Master because Steiner calls Vivi "Master Vivi", so instead it becomes "Master Master". And Garnet is because they change her name from Garnet to Dagger to hide her identity.

Other than that I don't usually change names, unless to be mean.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I named Tidus after Nexus,

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Castignier
Zidane- Monkey
Steiner- Rusty
Garnet- Garnet
Vivi- Master

For in-game joke reasons, of course. Steiner always refers to Zidane as a monkey and he gets mad about it, and vice versa with Steiner. We call Vivi Master because Steiner calls Vivi "Master Vivi", so instead it becomes "Master Master". And Garnet is because they change her name from Garnet to Dagger to hide her identity.

Other than that I don't usually change names, unless to be mean.

Master Master. lol

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I usually don't change them since I know them by their real names already. If I'm playing through a second time I might change their names just for fun, but still refer to them as their actual names.

I always change "Dagger" back to "Garnet" in FFIX, because Dagger is a stupid name, and the first time I played FFX (the first final fantasy game I played) I named Tidus "Sexy!" I also renamed the aeons, but I don't remember all their names...

Playing through FFX again, I named everyone after different elements of pizza.
Tidus was "Pizza" and the aeons were named things like "Crust," "Sauce," "Cheese," "Mushroom," "Olives," and all that sort of stuff.

I also played FFVII again and renamed many of the characters after my dogs, myself, and my sisters. But I named Tifa "Tits." Don't go crazy on me though... I don't hate Tifa. I just hate it when the main female character in anything has to have huge tits and a tiny outfit... They know what they did too... That's why her outfit is so much less slutty in Advent Children and in other FFVII related media.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff