Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
As you all know, there have been FF games where you could rename the main characters. In my playthrough of FF9, I renamed the characters after Scott Pilgrim characters.
Zidane= Scott
Vivi= Neil
Steiner= Stephen
Garnet= Lisa
Freya= Ramona
Quina= Wallace
Eiko= Knives
Amarant= Kim

Did you ever rename the characters in any FF games? If so, what were they?

Apocalyptic Prophet

I hate renaming characters, though I have made a few exceptions. Aeris became Aerith because I prefer using characters' current translated names. Red XIII became Red because I hated him having the number in his name. Finally, near the end of FFIX, I used a Namingway Card to change Dagger back into Garnet because I never liked the nickname and always refer to her as Garnet anyway.

Then in FFI, I always used to name everyone after other Final Fantasy characters, but then I finally settled on Lucien the Warrior, Rubeno the Red Mage, Bianca the White Mage, and Ciaran the Black Mage. Terribly, terribly cheesy. :D

Shirtless Streaker

8,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My next playthrough of FFVII I'm planning on naming every character Sephiroth :3

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Felicity Arsenault
My next playthrough of FFVII I'm planning on naming every character Sephiroth :3

Sephiroth and Sephiroth recruit Sephiroth so that they can defeat Sephiroth with the help of Sephiroth and his good friend Sephiroth. The world is saved.
Kether Taninniver

I hate renaming characters, though I have made a few exceptions. Aeris became Aerith because I prefer using characters' current translated names. Red XIII became Red because I hated him having the number in his name. Finally, near the end of FFIX, I used a Namingway Card to change Dagger back into Garnet because I never liked the nickname and always refer to her as Garnet anyway.

Then in FFI, I always used to name everyone after other Final Fantasy characters, but then I finally settled on Lucien the Warrior, Rubeno the Red Mage, Bianca the White Mage, and Ciaran the Black Mage. Terribly, terribly cheesy. :D
I'm the same way, except with Red. I keep him as Red XIII, though I did consider renaming him Nanaki on my second playthrough. My first FFI playthrough I had a Warrior named Irvine, a Thief named Rikku, a White Mage name Ashe, and a Black Mage named Vivi. My second playthrough had a Warrior named Laguna, a Monk named Braska, a White Mage named Lenna, and a Red Mage named Locke.
I'm terrible at naming, so i usually don't.
Although I renamed Red XIII as Nanaki, because Red XIII irks me. I should've rename Aeris to Aerith, too, 'cause Aeris is kinda bothering me and I still call her Aerith anyway. Oh well. She'll be gone soon enough I suppose...

Shirtless Streaker

8,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Silver Highlights
Felicity Arsenault

Sephiroth and Sephiroth recruit Sephiroth so that they can defeat Sephiroth with the help of Sephiroth and his good friend Sephiroth. The world is saved.

Basically, yes. :3

MooMooJuice
Although I renamed Red XIII as Nanaki, because Red XIII irks me. I should've rename Aeris to Aerith, too, 'cause Aeris is kinda bothering me and I still call her Aerith anyway. Oh well. She'll be gone soon enough I suppose...

What!? Nanaki's real name is Nanaki?! I would have never known!
Felicity Arsenault
Silver Highlights
Felicity Arsenault

MooMooJuice

Haha, it actually threw me off since it's only my second time playing VII, and the first time I played was a long time ago..

Shirtless Streaker

8,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
MooMooJuice
Felicity Arsenault
Silver Highlights
Felicity Arsenault

MooMooJuice

Haha, it actually threw me off since it's only my second time playing VII, and the first time I played was a long time ago..

I always keep names the same on my first playthrough, then I let myself mess around with them later. :3
I never renamed characters names, but if it's the first game I always give them stupid names like aaaaaa fhhdjjvjsh because I just want to play the game

Generous Regular

11,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I never rename my characters unless I can think of something I want to name them though I do usually make obvious/some what obvious name changes just because I would rather have their real names/more throw backs to past FF games like Sarah for Garnet, Nanaki for Red XIII, Aerith for the flower girl etc.

Apocalyptic Prophet

Kuja9113
Kether Taninniver

I'm the same way, except with Red. I keep him as Red XIII, though I did consider renaming him Nanaki on my second playthrough. My first FFI playthrough I had a Warrior named Irvine, a Thief named Rikku, a White Mage name Ashe, and a Black Mage named Vivi. My second playthrough had a Warrior named Laguna, a Monk named Braska, a White Mage named Lenna, and a Red Mage named Locke.

I think I've had Squall, Cecil, and Cloud as Warriors, Yuna, Garnet, and Rosa as White Mages, Zidane as a Thief, Mateus as a Red Mage twice, and ALWAYS Vivi as Black Mage. I always have a Black Mage named Vivi in Tactics, as well. :B

Greedy Shopper

Ah, I remember when I use to name FF characters. I think it stopped at X though because well...there was no point in naming Tidus since it was the first va game and no one said his name. I use to name the characters after like, people in real life. I loved Aerith so I would name her after me. Red XIII after my dog Sammy.

When my brother use to do it, he said I told him to name Vincent Bakura. Don't recall that ever happening. I'm guessing he did so while I was asleep. Ah ha ha ha...
Kether Taninniver
Kuja9113
Kether Taninniver

I think I've had Squall, Cecil, and Cloud as Warriors, Yuna, Garnet, and Rosa as White Mages, Zidane as a Thief, Mateus as a Red Mage twice, and ALWAYS Vivi as Black Mage. I always have a Black Mage named Vivi in Tactics, as well. :B
I feel like the Black Mage CAN'T be anything other than Vivi.

Ruthless Hunter

8,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Loiterer 100
I tend to name them after characters from whatever fandom I feel like it. Like my last run of Final Fantasy IX had every named after Gundam Wing characters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff