Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Explorer

Yeah, it drives me crazy when people use it as an example of bad voice acting. I'm not sure how that notion got popularized, but I suspect the majority of people making fun of it just saw other people calling it bad voice acting and jumped on board.

Winner

lol

Some people fail at connecting the dots, it's obviously forced laughter and they just aren't too bright.

It's sad when there's so many who can't compare this scene to the other ones in the game and then not consider the context to know it's supposed to be awkward.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Just because a character is meant to come off as awkward, doesn't mean that it has to be stupidly attrocious acting. There are better ways of coming off as awkward then pretending to be a seagull.

EDIT: For example. Tommy Wiseau in The Room - at his friends birthday party, he is probably elebriated, and quite pissed off at things happening to him recently, such as his girlfriend claiming he hits her and his best friend constantly sleeping with her, as well as problems at wherever the ******** he works. That doesn't mean his performance as a French-alien vampire with dementia worked.

Shy Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I give my heart.. to you.

Myself, playing the game as a seven year old, didn't really pay attention to story details, so once I heard Yuna and Tidus laughing it was a quite bit awkward, but I laughed with them c:. heart
Nothing can't compare to you.

Vampire

I thought it was a really good scene. His forced laugh was amazing in my opinion.

Dapper Citizen

7,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Hell I've played the s**t out of a FFX and I still feel awkward and poke fun at it. I know it's a forced laugh and I fully understand why he does it, but James Arnold Taylor's voice acting in that part is undoubtedly hilarious. I guess I woudn't call it "terrible" though.

Beloved Noob

I dunno 'bout you, but if I was gonna die and I knew about it, I'd be laughing awkwardly too.
Although I haven't played it, but eh, I'll probably find it at the half-price store....
....hmm.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
Remember, most people don't actually know what the difference between good-quality and bad-quality voice acting is. They aren't evaluating the subtle nuances of the actors' performances, or measuring them against the greats of the industry to compare and contrast their methods. No, most people just go by one factor and one factor only: "Do I like how it sounds?" For most people you'd see posting about this stuff, "good" voice acting is when an actor sounds cool, and "bad" voice acting is when the character sounds lame. ninja

Tidus' voice actor made the mistake of making him not sound cool, for a moment. Therefore, it was "bad" voice acting. rolleyes

Versatile Receiver

Absolute Claws
Just because a character is meant to come off as awkward, doesn't mean that it has to be stupidly attrocious acting. There are better ways of coming off as awkward then pretending to be a seagull.

EDIT: For example. Tommy Wiseau in The Room - at his friends birthday party, he is probably elebriated, and quite pissed off at things happening to him recently, such as his girlfriend claiming he hits her and his best friend constantly sleeping with her, as well as problems at wherever the ******** he works. That doesn't mean his performance as a French-alien vampire with dementia worked.
User Image

oh hi mark

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas