Welcome to Gaia! ::

And the seven years was the time it took me to actualy get off my a** ((I got the game the year it came out)) and write the damn words...>.>;; It only took me 10-15 minuts to write the Pre-Rough draft version. sweatdrop I'm a bit of a poetic se-vaunt, according to readers of my work.
Quote:
And the seven years was the time it took me to actualy get off my a** ((I got the game the year it came out)) and write the damn words...>.>;; It only took me 10-15 minuts to write the Pre-Rough draft version. I'm a bit of a poetic se-vaunt, according to readers of my work.

That's the only way I could quote your post. Gaia's acting crappy again and won't show me the other two pages.

Your English version of the song is, indeed, really cool. I know how hard it is to come up with lyrics for some songs, for many songs do not sound true to their original when they are translated. I can tell you have put a lot of effort in this, and it has paid off. Although some of the lines would not match up with the music, they do come very close. As for a hint when you plan to revise this, write your version syllable by syllable according to how much you think a person can sing in correspondance to the Latin lyrics. That would be to ensure your words will not topple over each other. Thesauri come in handy here.

You have great potential, something Gifted programs look for. I've been in a Intellectually Gifted and Talented program for a long time, and you definitely show promise. Good luck.

Beloved Reveler

9,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
i heard it before any of u
RavingAnimeOtaku
Quote:
And the seven years was the time it took me to actualy get off my a** ((I got the game the year it came out)) and write the damn words...>.>;; It only took me 10-15 minuts to write the Pre-Rough draft version. I'm a bit of a poetic se-vaunt, according to readers of my work.

That's the only way I could quote your post. Gaia's acting crappy again and won't show me the other two pages.

Your English version of the song is, indeed, really cool. I know how hard it is to come up with lyrics for some songs, for many songs do not sound true to their original when they are translated. I can tell you have put a lot of effort in this, and it has paid off. Although some of the lines would not match up with the music, they do come very close. As for a hint when you plan to revise this, write your version syllable by syllable according to how much you think a person can sing in correspondance to the Latin lyrics. That would be to ensure your words will not topple over each other. Thesauri come in handy here.

You have great potential, something Gifted programs look for. I've been in a Intellectually Gifted and Talented program for a long time, and you definitely show promise. Good luck.

Although slightly off topic, Chou Butterfly Is my best work, and got me suggested for a GaTP in the first place. Anywhoo, enough tooting my own horn, on to work!
Wow, nice work. I also have a DA account. I'll be "stalking" you on DeviantART to see your awesome works and stuff(adding you to DeviantWatch in other words).

I hope everything works out for you. Make sure you show us your version of One Winged Angel when you're done. It'll be worth reading.
Nyghtmare
All I could ever understand was.. 'Sephiroth!'

My friend use to think they said canada instead of Sephiroth for some reason. It was hilarious listening to him shout canada instead of Sephiroth. lol

exactly that is only thing that i could make out beside all of the rest of it thats cool that you figured out what it means
khanster
Nyghtmare

My friend use to think they said canada instead of Sephiroth for some reason. It was hilarious listening to him shout canada instead of Sephiroth. lol

exactly that is only thing that i could make out beside all of the rest of it thats cool that you figured out what it means

I might have to ask for this thread to be removed before I accidently mis-inform every FF newb on the premises sweatdrop Squall, help...
Zackorian Donatello Grey
khanster
Nyghtmare

I might have to ask for this thread to be removed before I accidently mis-inform every FF newb on the premises sweatdrop Squall, help...

Or...you could just change the title by editing your first post.
Zackorian Donatello Grey
khanster
Nyghtmare

neutral Just edit the title to say "my INTERPRETATION of OWA", and add to the top of your first post what you said just a moment ago:

Quote:

Tell them it isn't a translation...
*raises hand* Erm... maybe you should've checked online for the translated lyrics...
----------
[CHORUS]
Burning inside
with violent anger,
Burning inside
with violent anger,
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

[REPEAT CHORUS]

Fate - monstrous
and empty,
Fate - monstrous
and empty,

[REPEAT CHORUS]

Come, come, O come,
do not let me die
Come, come, O come,
do not let me die

[REPEAT VERSE]

Come, come, O come, (Glorious)
do not let me die (Noble)
Come, come, O come, (Glorious)
do not let me die (Noble)

[REPEAT VERSE]

Sephiroth
Sephiroth
-----------
Those are the lyrics off of Animelyrics.com
My ex tried to translate it too. When I showed him the lyrics, he threw a fit xd
Zackorian Donatello Grey

Foreseen beliefs,
Forsaken me,
Future so bleak
Forsaken me

I think this part is:
"Foreseen beliefs,
Bend to your knees,
Foreseen beliefs,
Bend to your knees."
Or that's what it sounds like to me.
0__o You people DO know it was his interpretation of One Winged Angel in not a translation, right?
It's hopeless; nobody is reading the full thread. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.. sweatdrop
Reiyu Onin
It's hopeless; nobody is reading the full thread. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.. sweatdrop

True... sweatdrop
Nothin' new.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas