Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bubsy
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Crying is better than sucking, which is what they usually do. Seriously, I swear the stronger the plot of the main game, the more the ending sucks. Though I can't speak for six (haven't played it yet but it's next in line!) seven and nine's endings were awful

You will die for this statement. Seriously. FF7 has the best ending of ANY video game in general. emotion_donotwant

And in that same statement you sorta imply that eight had a good ending. emotion_0A0

I love seven, really, I do, but it doesn't really...end. Now, I've only actually beaten it once a long time ago (gotten to that point and got distracted by side quests a lot more often. xD ) but from the way I remember it...It wasn't that great. Not up to par to the game itself, anyway.

Oh dear god I did not mean that. o__o; 8 just sucked straight through. And will I get shot for saying that?

Let me put it this way, FF7 is the ONLY game I play for the sole purpose of beating the game. Thats how good the god damn ending is.

Really? I mean, seven has a lot of great things going for it. Great themes. Some great characters. Some great conflicts. Some truly memorable scenes. However, the ending...I mean...It cuts from "Meteor is about to destroy the planet!" to "Five hundred years later, Nanaki has children. The end." Nothing concludes. Nothing's resolved. We don't know what happened. Just like in nine, a great game betrays itself in the last cutscene because it refuses to answer the simple question of what the hell happened in that last cutscene. It answers newly raised questions with nothing, and so, the ending sucks, regardless of the quality of the rest of the game.
I think SE needs to consider giving FF better gameplay. Moar puzzles!
Seriously, I play games like the Tales series or Zelda and think, "This is what FF is missing".

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
There is nothing wrong with a sad or unhappy ending imo. Always having a happy ending gets a little predictable and a little dry, so SE needs to stick some surprises in there to keep the fans hanging on. Plus crying and sobbing over a sad ending makes you feel better after a while because all those emotions come out and you feel more attached towards the characters, game and story.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Crying is better than sucking, which is what they usually do. Seriously, I swear the stronger the plot of the main game, the more the ending sucks. Though I can't speak for six (haven't played it yet but it's next in line!) seven and nine's endings were awful

You will die for this statement. Seriously. FF7 has the best ending of ANY video game in general. emotion_donotwant

And in that same statement you sorta imply that eight had a good ending. emotion_0A0

I love seven, really, I do, but it doesn't really...end. Now, I've only actually beaten it once a long time ago (gotten to that point and got distracted by side quests a lot more often. xD ) but from the way I remember it...It wasn't that great. Not up to par to the game itself, anyway.

Oh dear god I did not mean that. o__o; 8 just sucked straight through. And will I get shot for saying that?

Let me put it this way, FF7 is the ONLY game I play for the sole purpose of beating the game. Thats how good the god damn ending is.

Really? I mean, seven has a lot of great things going for it. Great themes. Some great characters. Some great conflicts. Some truly memorable scenes. However, the ending...I mean...It cuts from "Meteor is about to destroy the planet!" to "Five hundred years later, Nanaki has children. The end." Nothing concludes. Nothing's resolved. We don't know what happened. Just like in nine, a great game betrays itself in the last cutscene because it refuses to answer the simple question of what the hell happened in that last cutscene. It answers newly raised questions with nothing, and so, the ending sucks, regardless of the quality of the rest of the game.

The thing is, all the character arcs are completed by that point and their mission is focused on saving the world with a renewed purpose. The world is saved. The End.

I thought the exact opposite, EVERYTHING is resolved with a universal message about oneself and the world. Time Passes, life goes on.

FINAL FANTASY 7

*program shuts down*

Well that was the PC version that did that. I wish more games could end bluntly with the game shutting down and quitting to the desktop with nothing but silence and contemplation remaining.

Let me put it this way, if one does seperate the Ending from the game, it does suck, however given the game as a sum in total I find that Final Fantasy 7 has possibly one of the greatest endings in a video game given that..., its an Ending. Literally, the world is saved, story over. TIME MARCHES ON.

mikedav17's Waifu

I think games would be kind of boring if they always had happy endings..happy endings are for disney movies. The ff series, imo, are one of the best series of games ever written because they have depth.

Unforgiving Tactician

Not every game has to have a happy ending, sometimes a game where not everything goes to plan is a good thing, I certainly don't mind.

The purpose of a video game is similar to a movie, to entertain and/or to tell a story, sad endings have their place in movies, so why not video games? Should every game have to have a happy ending by default? No, because otherwise the gaming industry would lose a lot of its variety, everything would boil down to a single concept and it would turn a lot of people away.
saritasunshine
Rim The Mofo Sky
How the ******** did IX have a bad ending? emotion_donotwant

*shoots*

Now first, let's get this straight. I freaking love nine. It's my favorite in the series and probably one of my top five games of all time. It's got a wonderful, deep story that hits the sweet spot of having dark themes that are never melodramatic or emo. Zidane is probably the best protagonist of the whole series. He acts like a protagonist without ever being dragged down to the level of his enemies by what he's going through (and he goes through a lot). Also, Kuja is my love, I"m seriously considering a Garnet cosplay, and do I need say more about Vivi?

But the ending? Well, it all went wrong after you defeat Kuja. Where the hell did Necron come from? I mean, I've read theories...But actually in game...There is no explanation. Just "You defeated Kuja! ...OH MY GOD! IT'S A DEATH GOD OR SOMETHING!" and then there is an excellent scene with Kuja in the Iifa tree and then...Well my reaction to the ending cutscene was something like:

"Oh...Well that's nice...and sad...And What the hell why does Vivi have kids? No, seriously, what? Are you...going to explain...? How does that even work? Isn't the mist gone and so they couldn't be made but then why would they be made because the whole process is cruel but then how would Vivi make them like his sons and...HOW IS ZIDANE ALIVE? How did he make it out of that?! Why did he wait years to come back? What about Kuja? No...No! Don't you end on me, game! You come back here and answer my questions! DAMN YOU SQUAAAAARE!"

...So yeah. xD Not the best ending. I mean, when Garnet hugs Zidane that's a great and touching moment, but...So many questions...They should have left Zidane dead as much as I love him. It would have made more sense and made for a better ending.

Open plot holes an oppitunitys on Final fantasy 9, like yeah i'd say Kuja would still be alive because if you think about it, he can A-sexualy reproduce in a sense of reincarnationing himself, if you look deeper into the world of Terra, yeah xD and i liked Zidane lil sister, i hope they make a anime out of ff9 , like i said before many oppitunitys in the game.

While i was playing, the ending was so....stupid on the "Death god" thing I mean really? lol it took me about 3 hits to kill him.

(now if it was Lavos from Final fantasy Chronicles: Chrono trigger. in the game , that a totally different scenerio)
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine

The thing is, all the character arcs are completed by that point and their mission is focused on saving the world with a renewed purpose. The world is saved. The End.

I thought the exact opposite, EVERYTHING is resolved with a universal message about oneself and the world. Time Passes, life goes on.

FINAL FANTASY 7

*program shuts down*

Well that was the PC version that did that. I wish more games could end bluntly with the game shutting down and quitting to the desktop with nothing but silence and contemplation remaining.

Let me put it this way, if one does seperate the Ending from the game, it does suck, however given the game as a sum in total I find that Final Fantasy 7 has possibly one of the greatest endings in a video game given that..., its an Ending. Literally, the world is saved, story over. TIME MARCHES ON.

hmmm the thing is Final Fantasy 7 Revolutionized games, that an the fact that they had the option to have voice actors or not, like Grandia, Star ocean second story, Lunar the silver star. Hm also FFVII has what? 4 to 5 different games by itself,and an anime franchise, let alone the polygon thing is amazing; my most part of playing the game of is having fun raising you Materia. (I'm just as bad as Yuffie)

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Saiyan_unite
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine

FINAL FANTASY 7

*program shuts down*

hmmm the thing is Final Fantasy 7 Revolutionized games, that an the fact that they had the option to have voice actors or not, like Grandia, Star ocean second story, Lunar the silver star. Hm also FFVII has what? 4 to 5 different games by itself,and an anime franchise, let alone the polygon thing is amazing; my most part of playing the game of is having fun raising you Materia. (I'm just as bad as Yuffie)

People Criticize the game play for being too easy, I say: So? Its still fun, not to mention that the depth of the gameplay is still better than most modern games. FF7 compared to past FF games you could argue is much too linear, lack of good dungeons and such. I say, Who cares? Dungeons suck anyway and are usually very boring. When you play FF7 you feel like you are going somewhere across the world with purpose.
Saiyan_unite
saritasunshine
Rim The Mofo Sky
How the ******** did IX have a bad ending? emotion_donotwant

*shoots*

Now first, let's get this straight. I freaking love nine. It's my favorite in the series and probably one of my top five games of all time. It's got a wonderful, deep story that hits the sweet spot of having dark themes that are never melodramatic or emo. Zidane is probably the best protagonist of the whole series. He acts like a protagonist without ever being dragged down to the level of his enemies by what he's going through (and he goes through a lot). Also, Kuja is my love, I"m seriously considering a Garnet cosplay, and do I need say more about Vivi?

But the ending? Well, it all went wrong after you defeat Kuja. Where the hell did Necron come from? I mean, I've read theories...But actually in game...There is no explanation. Just "You defeated Kuja! ...OH MY GOD! IT'S A DEATH GOD OR SOMETHING!" and then there is an excellent scene with Kuja in the Iifa tree and then...Well my reaction to the ending cutscene was something like:

"Oh...Well that's nice...and sad...And What the hell why does Vivi have kids? No, seriously, what? Are you...going to explain...? How does that even work? Isn't the mist gone and so they couldn't be made but then why would they be made because the whole process is cruel but then how would Vivi make them like his sons and...HOW IS ZIDANE ALIVE? How did he make it out of that?! Why did he wait years to come back? What about Kuja? No...No! Don't you end on me, game! You come back here and answer my questions! DAMN YOU SQUAAAAARE!"

...So yeah. xD Not the best ending. I mean, when Garnet hugs Zidane that's a great and touching moment, but...So many questions...They should have left Zidane dead as much as I love him. It would have made more sense and made for a better ending.

Open plot holes an oppitunitys on Final fantasy 9, like yeah i'd say Kuja would still be alive because if you think about it, he can A-sexualy reproduce in a sense of reincarnationing himself, if you look deeper into the world of Terra, yeah xD and i liked Zidane lil sister, i hope they make a anime out of ff9 , like i said before many oppitunitys in the game.

While i was playing, the ending was so....stupid on the "Death god" thing I mean really? lol it took me about 3 hits to kill him.

(now if it was Lavos from Final fantasy Chronicles: Chrono trigger. in the game , that a totally different scenerio)

o__o; If they made an anime out of nine, I think I might cry and then watch it every day. That would make me so happy.

But...They won't. -__- It's strange that nine is considered to be...well not a failure but less successful than some of the others. I mean 7 sold 10 million, 8 sold 8 million, and 9 sold five million for reasons that I don't think actually stem from the game itself. It's still one of the top ten best selling games on the PS, but it's not the game they'd go to for spin-offs. Which is really unfortunate because it's a really good game and spin-offs would infinitely help with that ending. I mean, the same thing happened with 7. They both raised huge questions at the very last cut-scene then...ended. But seven started pumping out the spin-offs to answer those questions, and now the rage from its abrupt ending has sub-sided because they were answered.

And I do like ambiguous endings. Really, I do. But in 7 and 9, they weren't left ambiguous, they were left unfinished. They raised a huge question ("What happens then? Do they survive?" and "o_o; Wait, how? How is he alive? Why? But you just said he died! How did he get out of that?!" ) and then ended without answering it. If it was a question that had been going on the entire game, and then hinted towards an answer, that would be ambiguous. This was just abrupt.

And heheh. Lavos. xD I don't remember much from that game, but I remember punching a hole through its face and climbing inside for a fight that kicked my a**. Ah, Chrono Trigger...I should replay you.
Bubsy
Saiyan_unite
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine

FINAL FANTASY 7

*program shuts down*

People Criticize the game play for being too easy, I say: So? Its still fun, not to mention that the depth of the gameplay is still better than most modern games. FF7 compared to past FF games you could argue is much too linear, lack of good dungeons and such. I say, Who cares? Dungeons suck anyway and are usually very boring. When you play FF7 you feel like you are going somewhere across the world with purpose.

....He wasn't criticizing 7 for being too easy or linear. Where did that come from?

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
saritasunshine
Bubsy
Saiyan_unite
Bubsy
saritasunshine

FINAL FANTASY 7

*program shuts down*

....He wasn't criticizing 7 for being too easy or linear. Where did that come from?

And another thing, why do people always forget that FF7 features one of the most diverse well written cast of characters emotion_omnomnom

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

^ Because not everyone likes VII's characters? @_@;
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Bubsy
Saiyan_unite

And another thing, why do people always forget that FF7 features one of the most diverse well written cast of characters emotion_omnomnom

Ah...Still...Not brought up so I don't know why you used quotes. -__- Before I call fanboy on you, I'm going to respond to you, against my better judgment.

Yes, most of the characters are fairly good and you wouldn't catch me saying otherwise, but they're not the best. For instance, I hate Cait Sith. He is annoying, pointless, and the game takes him way too seriously. In contrast, I do not hate Quina because though s/he is annoying and pointless, the game does not take it seriously in any way, shape, or form. Quina did not get its own dramatic death scene and then show up five seconds later, totally fine because...it's a robot. Why the hell was everyone so serious about the first Cait Sith dying when they all knew it was a freaking robot? And if Reeve wanted to infiltrate the group and had access to high tech robotics why the hell did he make it a Scottish cat? Was he trying to test their intelligence? Was he joking around with them? I think they failed whatever test he was trying.

And some of the other characters, while good in their own right, do tend to fall into stereotype. They have their own backstories and those backstories are excellent and I feel like they move past stereotype whenever they're dealing with them, but when they're isolated, they just feel kind of flat. Barret = aggressive black guy. Yuffie = manic, annoying girl. Vincent = massively emo, "what is the point in life," vampire...thing. FF7 does have a good cast of characters that I got totally attached to and really cared about by the end, but it does not have the best or the most diverse.

And...you may now respond to me about why FF7 was the greatest thing to grace the Earth and continue to move this thread entirely off topic. -___-
I dunno. I thought IX had a better cast of characters...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff