Welcome to Gaia! ::

The endings just keep getting sadder and sadder. FU Squire Enix. FFXIII-2 actually brought tears to my eyes. Video games are for fun and laughter, not for crying. mad

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I love sad endings, but I hate Square Enix's ideas for the series, so I don't buy them anymore. There has been times I just wish they sank. I would love to see the Dragon Quest series get picked up by someone else, but that will never happen.
Crying is better than sucking, which is what they usually do. Seriously, I swear the stronger the plot of the main game, the more the ending sucks. Though I can't speak for six (haven't played it yet but it's next in line!) seven and nine's endings were awful while ten was pretty good (even though it's one of the weaker in main story) and thirteen was also decent because it was a decent game overall. I swear it's on some kind of inverse scale...

So I'm glad that 13-2 brought tears to your eyes. xD Videogames are just as much for tears as they are for laughter. It's an emotion, and videogames can bring that out just as well if not better than any other medium. Your reaction actually makes me want to play it more...But maybe not enough to buy it while it's still expensive.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
I never cried at any Final Fantasy games ending. But that is what makes the games great.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
saritasunshine
Crying is better than sucking, which is what they usually do. Seriously, I swear the stronger the plot of the main game, the more the ending sucks. Though I can't speak for six (haven't played it yet but it's next in line!) seven and nine's endings were awful

You will die for this statement. Seriously. FF7 has the best ending of ANY video game in general. emotion_donotwant

And in that same statement you sorta imply that eight had a good ending. emotion_0A0

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
There's nothing wrong with an ending that gets a strong emotional reaction, in fact, those are the best kinds of endings. It shows that the writer of the story was skilled enough to write something that could make you feel anything towards a fictional character.

I wouldn't expect an ending like that from a Final Fantasy game though, well, aside from FF9 of course. Maybe FFX since I've kind of heard how it ends, but I've never finished it myself.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

I don't mind the occasional sad game/anime, but I can't play/watch that kind of thing back to back.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mir Teiwaz

I don't mind the occasional sad game/anime, but I can't play/watch that kind of thing back to back.

I'm of a similar mind, only, my endings have to be bitter-sweet, because if they are out-right saddening, I simply cannot go through with it.

The best kind of ending is the one that starts out looking sad, then goes into bitter-sweet, then does a full about-face and becomes a happy ending.
Full spectrum of ending-emotions that leaves the reader satisfied with the ending, and most importantly, makes them FEEL for the characters all the way through with a proper balance of emotional distress and joy.
It's like a roller coaster that way; the best ones are always the ones with the thrilling twists and turns.^_^

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
How the ******** did IX have a bad ending? emotion_donotwant

*shoots*
Bubsy
saritasunshine
Crying is better than sucking, which is what they usually do. Seriously, I swear the stronger the plot of the main game, the more the ending sucks. Though I can't speak for six (haven't played it yet but it's next in line!) seven and nine's endings were awful

You will die for this statement. Seriously. FF7 has the best ending of ANY video game in general. emotion_donotwant

And in that same statement you sorta imply that eight had a good ending. emotion_0A0

I love seven, really, I do, but it doesn't really...end. Now, I've only actually beaten it once a long time ago (gotten to that point and got distracted by side quests a lot more often. xD ) but from the way I remember it...It wasn't that great. Not up to par to the game itself, anyway.

Oh dear god I did not mean that. o__o; 8 just sucked straight through. And will I get shot for saying that?
Rim The Mofo Sky
How the ******** did IX have a bad ending? emotion_donotwant

*shoots*

Now first, let's get this straight. I freaking love nine. It's my favorite in the series and probably one of my top five games of all time. It's got a wonderful, deep story that hits the sweet spot of having dark themes that are never melodramatic or emo. Zidane is probably the best protagonist of the whole series. He acts like a protagonist without ever being dragged down to the level of his enemies by what he's going through (and he goes through a lot). Also, Kuja is my love, I"m seriously considering a Garnet cosplay, and do I need say more about Vivi?

But the ending? Well, it all went wrong after you defeat Kuja. Where the hell did Necron come from? I mean, I've read theories...But actually in game...There is no explanation. Just "You defeated Kuja! ...OH MY GOD! IT'S A DEATH GOD OR SOMETHING!" and then there is an excellent scene with Kuja in the Iifa tree and then...Well my reaction to the ending cutscene was something like:

"Oh...Well that's nice...and sad...And What the hell why does Vivi have kids? No, seriously, what? Are you...going to explain...? How does that even work? Isn't the mist gone and so they couldn't be made but then why would they be made because the whole process is cruel but then how would Vivi make them like his sons and...HOW IS ZIDANE ALIVE? How did he make it out of that?! Why did he wait years to come back? What about Kuja? No...No! Don't you end on me, game! You come back here and answer my questions! DAMN YOU SQUAAAAARE!"

...So yeah. xD Not the best ending. I mean, when Garnet hugs Zidane that's a great and touching moment, but...So many questions...They should have left Zidane dead as much as I love him. It would have made more sense and made for a better ending.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
smashbrolink
I'm of a similar mind, only, my endings have to be bitter-sweet, because if they are out-right saddening, I simply cannot go through with it.

The best kind of ending is the one that starts out looking sad, then goes into bitter-sweet, then does a full about-face and becomes a happy ending.
Full spectrum of ending-emotions that leaves the reader satisfied with the ending, and most importantly, makes them FEEL for the characters all the way through with a proper balance of emotional distress and joy.
It's like a roller coaster that way; the best ones are always the ones with the thrilling twists and turns.^_^

I don't mind a sad ending, as long as its an ending that fits the story. Then again I'm not sure I've actually watched or played anything with a sad ending that was considered the canon ending.

I have watched some anime that would be more of an emotional roller coaster, but ended up on a happy note (Clannad, Eureka Seven come to mind).

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Really? That's what you had a problem with? @__@;

Each game has a story, and not every story is going to have a happy ending. Some are joyful, some are bittersweet, and some end with no sign of light. My personal favorites are X and XIII, since they were both bittersweet and beautiful. You could cry to them, but they were still relatively happy.
I don't think video games are just for laughter. I feel if you become emotional attached to the point where a game makes you cry then the game designers are doing their job. THANK YOU SQUARE-ENIX! I have cried at the end of the like....every game I've ever played. Even games like Bayonetta or Heavenly Sword!! lol

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
saritasunshine
Bubsy
saritasunshine

I love seven, really, I do, but it doesn't really...end. Now, I've only actually beaten it once a long time ago (gotten to that point and got distracted by side quests a lot more often. xD ) but from the way I remember it...It wasn't that great. Not up to par to the game itself, anyway.

Oh dear god I did not mean that. o__o; 8 just sucked straight through. And will I get shot for saying that?

Let me put it this way, FF7 is the ONLY game I play for the sole purpose of beating the game. Thats how good the god damn ending is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff