Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maynard is god

yes 1 100.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]
1 2 3 >

Duty finder? Seriously..Can you rip off another game anymore.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/sys/gameplay

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

...What? It's just a feature that queues you together with people for dungeons and raids. Ideas are not game-specific and should be implemented if they benefit the players in any fashion.
Yeah I'm confused.. What exactly is this ripping off of?

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I am wondering what this is ripping off also, then again, isn't EVERY game ripping off another game in some way? I mean, since the dawn of time, take music, the first lyrical love song penned will have a few billion following it, so really, nothing is exactly original anymore just that the creators that make these things just give them a bit of a twist to make them 'original' when, in reality, very little is considered original anymore.
WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS THE ONLY MMO EVER ALLOWED.

ANYTHING THAT USES ANYTHING IT USES IS A BIG FAT PHONY AND SHOULD BE BURNED IN A FIRE.

Right..?

Versatile Receiver

WOW something that makes MMOs less tedious, what a rip off of another MMO
Nafretiti
I am wondering what this is ripping off also, then again, isn't EVERY game ripping off another game in some way? I mean, since the dawn of time, take music, the first lyrical love song penned will have a few billion following it, so really, nothing is exactly original anymore just that the creators that make these things just give them a bit of a twist to make them 'original' when, in reality, very little is considered original anymore.

World of Warcraft has something called dungeon finger basically throws a party together the except same way, even looks similar. Except 1 more dps.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

So many games have a dungeon queue or party finder system I can't even.

Aged Gaian

Games are always "borrowing" ideas from each other...WoW takes ideas from other games as well, it's not as if everything they do is original. Dungeon finders have become a staple in MMOs, and if FFXIV didn't have one I'm sure plenty of people would be complaining about it.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Runescape also has a party finder for their dungeon skill. Get over it, so they are using a common theme. This is the stupidest thread ever.
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

So many games have a dungeon queue or party finder system I can't even.

which they stole from world of warcraft

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

My eyes have been opened. World of Warcraft is clearly the be all and end all of online gaming. It created everything we know of today. How could I have been so foolish to think otherwise...
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

My eyes have been opened. World of Warcraft is clearly the be all and end all of online gaming. It created everything we know of today. How could I have been so foolish to think otherwise...

No but it created the dungeon finder concept

Versatile Receiver

Renh0lder
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

provide evidence of that because I'm pretty sure it didn't.

MapleStory, Dragon Saga, zOMG! are just off the top of my head but all three of them have dungeon finders.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
REGINA SPEKT0R
Renh0lder
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

provide evidence of that because I'm pretty sure it didn't.

MapleStory, Dragon Saga, zOMG! are just off the top of my head but all three of them have dungeon finders.

WoW's dungeon finder died for our sins crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces