Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am nearing the end of disc 3 of final fantasy 8 and
I completed forgot about releasing diablos and leveling him with
all my other GFs.

I am currently about to go to edeas funeral and I am
starting to wonder if I really need him for the rest of the game.

Does Diablos play a important role in the final battle?

Help much appreciated! heart

Angelic Nitemare

Not terribly important. GFs really don't play that big of an issue in the last battle.
Ridley Starsmore
Not terribly important. GFs really don't play that big of an issue in the last battle.
Not sure if this is normal, but I used GFs all the time in every battle. I still haven't finished FF8, stuck at the end of disc 3.

Angelic Nitemare

Raidus
Ridley Starsmore
Not sure if this is normal, but I used GFs all the time in every battle. I still haven't finished FF8, stuck at the end of disc 3.
The big thing GFs are goof for is the junctioning system. so anything ability that helps your stats? That should be top priority. The only Two GFs I recommend really boosting? Doomtrain and Odin. Doomtrain can hit enemies with a meltdown status effect, and that makes some battles a LOT easier. Story wise, if you get Odin before disc four, it actually changes a battle later on.

Sparkly Seeker

Raidus
Ridley Starsmore

I made this mistake as well. There is a battle at the end of Disc 3 where you can't use GFs for battles, so if you have been relying on them to beat the game for you.... you're gonna have to learn how to battle without them. GFs are more for learning abilities that strengthen your characters (Str +60, Auto-Haste, etc.) rather than doing the damage for you. The way to get your characters really strong is to Junction high-level magic to your stats. The best way to get this kind of magic is NOT by drawing it from enemies, but by using the GF ability Card to turn enemies into Cards, and then using the GF ability Refine to turn the cards into lots of magic. It's much more efficient than drawing, and also gives you better magic (in most cases).

Friendly Bookworm

The GF's role is to not only aid you in battle but plot wise... They just mess with everyone's memories.

Regardless of the amount of GF's you have, you can finish the game with or without certain GF's. You can go ahead and collect them afterword or do it now. It's up to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff