Welcome to Gaia! ::

I cut about 23 minutes and 9 seconds off my original time, now I beat FF XIII at a time of 6:24:30! biggrin !

Devoted Glitch

I'm terrified of speed runs, I'm too much of a "completest."
(even though I've been told you can max out all items/events on a speed run, if you're skilled enough)

However, my most proud low-level game is beating FFIX (my personal favorite) at level 1. x)
Going through the game play really made my thinking change of how I usually play games, because I'm the type of person who prefers to be absurdly over leveled and just beat everyone into the ground.

Which you obviously can't do at level 1.

agnogenic's Wife

12,500 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
i haven't done anything like that but i watched part of a video someone posted on youtube. idk how long it took them but they didn't use the sphere grid and beat the game using rikku's special attack and items... i watched a boss fight. it took forever i think but they did it ... i was surprised. did i say ffx? it was ffx
I've beaten FF12 at a fairly low level with no grinding: 3 party members were mid-40s, the other 3 were low teens. It's different than how I usually play, I tend to seriously over level for everything but it didn't feel all that impressive. Around level 30 I made a mad-dash for the Zodiac Spear and used that in combination with beserk/haste for a fairly quick sprint to the game's end.

I've been most proud of beating all of the optional bosses in my first playthrough of Lightning Returns. On normal mode with minimal preparation I found both the desert singularity and the final boss of the optional dungeon very challenging but rewarding fights. Beat the dragon without the use of ethers. Okay, I used one...

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
midnight_angel628
haloshatterer v2
I did a no level run of FF8, for those who don't know, a no level run is fleeing from all escapable battles (so the only experience you can get is from fighting non escapable fights and bosses), I beat Ultimecia at level 12. It was a massive pain in the butt and i'm never doing it again at that kind of level.

Even with the level scaling I can imagine that being hard. I assume with this challenge you were allowed to enjoy extras? Such as the card game, obtaining some GFs, drawing good magic like meltdown and aura? Irvine's AP shot did it for me. I'm just trying to figure out... even with the level scaling, why FF8 was so easy for me. I didn't want it to be.
This is actually the easiest way to play FFVIII if you do everything else right.

I've beaten the game at level 8 and it was piss easy. It's more of a control challenge than a difficulty-level challenge, trying to gain the minimum possible EXP.
There are several tricks, the main one includes killing off Squall and Zell in Dollet and grinding like mad with Seifer for AP and magic.

End game, you can still have ridiculously high stats with the right junctioning, although magic becomes indispensable due to it being your only source of strength. So Aura and Renzokuken becomes the status quo and of course all the enemies are still at their lowest levels so you essentially sleep-walk through the whole game.

As for a true challenge, the very first time I played IX I inadvertently ended up doing a (relatively) low-level challenge. I don't know what it is, it may be the tedious intro sequences to each battle, but I found grinding to be unbearable. So by the time I got to Necron I was only around level 30. He kicked my butt repeatedly but I won eventually, more though luck than anything as most of the time it's his Grand Cross and it's status effects that completely debilitate you.
I beat Tonberry in Final Fantasy 13-2 very early. It was only like the second gate I opened with a wild artefact, and I had not even done the parts with Hope or Snow in Yaschas Massif or Sunleth Waterscape.

But I did have Lightning from Requiem of the Goddess in my paradigm pack, so...

Versatile Receiver

Raye Delvego
I beat that really hard boss in the Desert in chapter 1 in FF X-2 at level 15 with only a white mage, black mage and a warrior.
It's significantly weaker in Chapter 1, so... yeah...

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
REGINA SPEKT0R
Raye Delvego
I beat that really hard boss in the Desert in chapter 1 in FF X-2 at level 15 with only a white mage, black mage and a warrior.

Doesn't matter if it's "weaker" or not....I beat it at only level 15...that's still an accomplishment.

Versatile Receiver

Raye Delvego
REGINA SPEKT0R
Raye Delvego

Doesn't matter if it's "weaker" or not....I beat it at only level 15...that's still an accomplishment.
A small one though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces