Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Genius

I, thanks to rebuying a PS2 and having the PS3 and its PSN, own FF1-FF13 + Tactics and X-2 (minus 3, 4, and 11). I really want to beat all the FF's, not just beat A and B and play a handful of others like I had up to this point. I want to play through the entire game of every game I own.

What are the ways to make these games "broken"?

For any of the above stated games, what characters, set-ups, weapons, summons, level paths, etc should I have to make these playthroughs as easy as possible? I want to get to the final boss and not have to grind for 40 hours or not be able to beat it at all.

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Might as well be a GameFAQ's slave. I'd rather earn it with hard work. It's more satisfying that way.

Shy Genius

Skye River
Might as well be a GameFAQ's slave. I'd rather earn it with hard work. It's more satisfying that way.

I usually do, but with 13+ games on my current playthrough list, I don't have months to spend on one game.
For FFXII, look up how to get the Zodiac Spear early in the game. It's very easy to ruin your chances of getting it if you don't know what to look out for.

Oh, also, although not a cheat. If you're trying to get through the game as quickly as possible, I recommend picking three characters and using them exclusively. Leveling up will be easier and faster, and it will help ease the pain in your bank account (although don't expect not to be broke, you will always be broke no matter what you do).
You may consider leveling up a fourth character, too, just for backup.
I recommend a party of Vaan(versatile, fast, good magic), Basch(best tank), and Penelo(fast, best mage). And Ashe, if you need a fourth (works well as a backup mage).

Sparkly Seeker

"Card Mod" learnt from the first GF you acquire, Quezacotl, in FF8, is very broken. You turn enemies into Cards with this ability, and with other abilities you can turn these cards into very high level magic early on in the game.

P.S.
This is a horrendous explanation. But FF8 is probably the easiest game to cheat without using codes.
If it's the original PSX FFT, then there's item cloning and max JP for most jobs. I know it was fixed in WotL, and I think it was fixed in the PSN re-release of the original, too.
pi rho maniac
If it's the original PSX FFT, then there's item cloning and max JP for most jobs. I know it was fixed in WotL, and I think it was fixed in the PSN re-release of the original, too.

I dunno. I figured most people like to forget that game exists.

The original was so much more tolerable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff