Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Psychopathic, deceptive, and merciless clown-like character who also laughs ninja

Remember the scene when the soldier dust off his shoes in the desert

What do you guys think?
ehhh... creepy clowns have been around for a while, doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Dedicated Gaian

4,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MooMooJuice
ehhh... creepy clowns have been around for a while, doesn't necessarily mean anything.

okay mrgreen

Blessed Hunter

3,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Don't see the point why Kefka had to be compared to Joker, since he only destroys the world.
MooMooJuice
Well there are more similarities then just being "creepy clowns."

Kefca is unique in terms of Final Fantasy villains in the way he has no reason to do what he does aside from the fact he finds it fun. He likes destruction, that's it. Which is also kinda slimier to the Joker. Joker isn't quite as destructive or powerful, but everything he does is simply because he is insane and finds it fun.
Bongardo
MooMooJuice

Kefca is unique in terms of Final Fantasy villains in the way he has no reason to do what he does aside from the fact he finds it fun. He likes destruction, that's it. Which is also kinda slimier to the Joker. Joker isn't quite as destructive or powerful, but everything he does is simply because he is insane and finds it fun.

of course i know that much. But there are plenty of creepy destructive clowns
MooMooJuice
Bongardo
MooMooJuice

of course i know that much. But there are plenty of creepy destructive clowns
Well yeah there are. And honestly, I think the Joker was probably inspiration for most of them.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
I don't know whether there was any inspiration taken in the original game, and I really never made the comparison before, but he *definitely* felt like the Joker once he got a voice actor for Dissidia. Well, depending on the rendition. Heath Ledger's Joker was, of course, far more dark and sinister than Kefka, who gets a lot more emotional (be it anger or pure silliness). 3nodding

If I could point to one big difference between the two, it's that Kefka is unstable and does what he does because of that, whereas the Joker deliberately behaves the way he does as an elaborate act, while deep down being a cold and calculating criminal. The overall mannerisms and ways of doing things are similar, but, really, it's probably just because they're both clowns. It could be a clown thing. sweatdrop

Blessed Guildsman

I mean, while there's no doubt that American comics have had a huge impact on Japanese entertainment as a whole, I don't really "see" it. I mean yes, they're both homicidal clowns that play up the "sadist with a sense of humor" element, and yes the Joker did predate Kefka by /many/ years, and some could even say that Kefka draws many parallels from the Joker in "One Bad Day" scary clowns have been an element of storytelling since...well, since EVER really.

I mean, lets take Steven King's IT for example. Would it be fair to say Pennywise was based on the Joker? What about Beetlejuice? What about Killer Klowns from Outer Space? John Wayne Gaycy? Piemon from Digimon? Alan Gabriel from Big-O? The entire juggalo community? emotion_puke

Hell, Bob Kane himself said the joker was largely based on a role portrayed by the late Conrad Veidt from "The Man Who Laughs"
User Image
Have fun sleeping...

My point is, ask anyone their opinion of clowns, and 1/5's gonna say they're terrified of them. And that's BEFORE you give them a knife and a taste for murder. It's simply an excellent element to add for a villain, one where you don't even have to try to make him terrifying, his very presence is enough to induce bedwetting!

...Then again, you could be totally right.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Kefka destroys things and causes suffering because he hates life and finds it all meaningless. The Joker ******** with Batman because he thinks its funny. They're nothing alike.

Dedicated Bibliophile

9,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
superherocat
Psychopathic, deceptive, and merciless clown-like character who also laughs ninja

Remember the scene when the soldier dust off his shoes in the desert

What do you guys think?

Kefka was actually based off a writer from germany (If I remember right it was Franz Kafka), some of the lines that Kefka actually said were from one or two of Kafka's books even.

Riunite's Fav

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
I don't really see it too much, but I like the idea of him being based off of Franz Kafka emotion_yatta

Gracious Phantom

I can hardly believe that The Joker and Kefka Palazzo are coincidentally similar. When I first played Dissidia, I thought Kefka was an imitation of The Joker. They are so similar...with the make-up and oddly colourful outfit, as well as the evil laugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff