Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I keep playing Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII, so I figured I'd talk to you guys about Ivalice. It's got a deep lore of history, mythology, politics, characters that we follow throughout the games, and so much detail with things like ancient conspiracies and magickal stones. So what do you guys find interesting Ivalice?

Prodigal Demigod

The ancient period of Ivalice is probably my favorite fantasy setting ever. The industrialized magitek, wide diversity of races, and interesting locations make it stand out quite a bit. I wish SE would do more with it. I'd jump on an Ivalice-based MMO in a heartbeat, as I mentioned in a thread to that effect.

I wonder if the Fortress project is still a thing.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Zach Barren
The ancient period of Ivalice is probably my favorite fantasy setting ever. The industrialized magitek, wide diversity of races, and interesting locations make it stand out quite a bit. I wish SE would do more with it. I'd jump on an Ivalice-based MMO in a heartbeat, as I mentioned in a thread to that effect.

I wonder if the Fortress project is still a thing.

It isn't, Square suspended the making of the game and said it wouldn't be released.
I think Ivalice is one of my favorite worlds in any game series. And if they do make another game in what world, I hope it's the first multidisc game on PS3. They have this vast world that is just begging to be explored more, and so many different things could be done to fully explore it. Hell, even if they just did a remake of FFXII, but with XIII-2's graphics would be really freaking awesome.
Yuki Namura
I think Ivalice is one of my favorite worlds in any game series. And if they do make another game in what world, I hope it's the first multidisc game on PS3. They have this vast world that is just begging to be explored more, and so many different things could be done to fully explore it. Hell, even if they just did a remake of FFXII, but with XIII-2's graphics would be really freaking awesome.

I think XII's graphics look perfect the way they are.

what we need is a movie. *_* or a short OVA kinda series since a movie might not be enough time...

but it would definitely have to be cgi. i don't want no of that crappy anime stuff (unless they actually got a good animation team, but their track record is exactly promising)

Fated Paladin

I think FFXII has recently rocketed into my top two favorite Final Fantasy installments, despite not caring much for it the first time I played. I find myself fascinated with the world, and I might be a smidgen obsessed with Vayne lately (though I suppose I've always had an obsession with pretty FF emperors trying to crush rebellious kingdoms with cyclone fortresses~ emotion_awesome ). I wish they'd make another Ivalice installment, particularly one dealing with the Cataclysm. I love trying to piece together the Ivalice timeline, so it'd be wonderful to finally know just what and when the Cataclysm happened, though it would probably be terribly depressing installment.
MooMooJuice
Yuki Namura

what we need is a movie. *_* or a short OVA kinda series since a movie might not be enough time...

but it would definitely have to be cgi. i don't want no of that crappy anime stuff (unless they actually got a good animation team, but their track record is exactly promising)

A movie? Need I remind you of all the horrible things things that happen you make you a ________ of a _________? Any time a movie is made of an anime, it's mediocre at best. Any time a game is made of a movie, it to is mediocre at best (with the exception of Spider Man 2). And should someone ever make a Final Fantasy movie, it to would be mediocre at best. And yes, Final Fantasy VII advent or children falls into that catogory.
I'm a big fan. Ivalice is up there with Pathfinder's Golarion in terms of favorite RPG worlds.
Yuki Namura
MooMooJuice
Yuki Namura

A movie? Need I remind you of all the horrible things things that happen you make you a ________ of a _________? Any time a movie is made of an anime, it's mediocre at best. Any time a game is made of a movie, it to is mediocre at best (with the exception of Spider Man 2). And should someone ever make a Final Fantasy movie, it to would be mediocre at best. And yes, Final Fantasy VII advent or children falls into that catogory.

Well... I was intending for SE to do it. And AC was an original, not a remake, so I hesitate to compare it. (although for the record i liked AC)

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
MooMooJuice
Yuki Namura

I'd rather stick with playing games about Ivalice because I want to interact with the world of it instead of just sitting around watching everything and do nothing. Especially if I just want to go sight seeing or talk to the NPCs
Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Yuki Namura

I'd rather stick with playing games about Ivalice because I want to interact with the world of it instead of just sitting around watching everything and do nothing. Especially if I just want to go sight seeing or talk to the NPCs

I see I should have been more specific. I meant a make xii a movie.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Kether Taninniver

I think FFXII has recently rocketed into my top two favorite Final Fantasy installments, despite not caring much for it the first time I played. I find myself fascinated with the world, and I might be a smidgen obsessed with Vayne lately (though I suppose I've always had an obsession with pretty FF emperors trying to crush rebellious kingdoms with cyclone fortresses~ emotion_awesome ). I wish they'd make another Ivalice installment, particularly one dealing with the Cataclysm. I love trying to piece together the Ivalice timeline, so it'd be wonderful to finally know just what and when the Cataclysm happened, though it would probably be terribly depressing installment.

It would be sad to see the Cataclysm, but hey, history has taught us that huge societies fall. Just look at the Roman Empire. I guess that's intentional since I read somewhere that Yasumi Matsuno, the creator of Ivalice, was a political science student.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
MooMooJuice
Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Yuki Namura

Exactly. I don't want to take the backseat while a movie takes me to FFXII. I want to actually interact with FFXII's world
Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Yuki Namura

Exactly. I don't want to take the backseat while a movie takes me to FFXII. I want to actually interact with FFXII's world

then you can just play the game? It's not like they'd be burning all the worlds copies of XII and replacing it with a movie...

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
MooMooJuice
Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Yuki Namura

then you can just play the game? It's not like they'd be burning all the worlds copies of XII and replacing it with a movie...

already playing it, dude.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces