XII is #1 for me.
XII was s**t, quit living in denial.
6/10 got a little mad

Friendly Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I really enjoyed IV to the fullest. I was so excited when I got the Lunar Whale I probably squeed. The story is amazing, the idea of turning from Dark Knight to Paladin is awesome. It's at the top of my list for nostalgia, but it's still a really good game. Did you find the same problem with being bored while playing Final Fantasy V or VI? If you haven't tried you should just to find out.

Friendly Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Locke103
Dreadful Insanity
Nachtara
every one of them is better than XII -_-

-_- No.
XII is #1 for me.
XII was s**t, quit living in denial.

I agree, XII was crap. I bought the LE, thought it was love at first sight when I saw the opening movie, started to get into the story with the Occuria and the whole Ashelia being a descendant of the Dynast King, then the story quickly shifted gears towards a dumb war and Vayne being the bad guy, then I beat it and was like... "What? Boooooooo!"

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Strider Hiryuu
I met a person who bagged on FF4, because he said he hated to level up and the main character wasn't like Squall.
We have lobotomized ourselves
the vigilant will burn in hell

O_e
As someone who's least favorite is VIII, what was painful to read.

No one is left that could conceive
of this great conspiracy
User Image

Thats sad....It is NOT BORING >:[ I beated FF IV when I was only 6 years old. emo I know whats boring...the person that made this forum post...GET OUT!

"Lightning feels stressed" stressed
User Image

Divine Firestarter

11,975 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I'm screaming 'Blaspheme!!!!" over and over and over in my head. IMO, IV is one of the best titles. I own each version of it, and I'm actually in the middle of the DS version, right now.

jun not a cake

And... This is pretty.... bad too... Sure, some of the characters could use a personality installment, but the game was really good. (I love the fact that they had finally eliminated random encounters, for the most part... I've always wanted that. biggrin )

Rainbow Unicorn

Lady Ifrit
I'm screaming 'Blaspheme!!!!" over and over and over in my head. IMO, IV is one of the best titles. I own each version of it, and I'm actually in the middle of the DS version, right now.

jun not a cake

And... This is pretty.... bad too... Sure, some of the characters could use a personality installment, but the game was really good. (I love the fact that they had finally eliminated random encounters, for the most part... I've always wanted that. biggrin )
Well, the RTS in that game. Redo it, now.

Divine Firestarter

11,975 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
jun not a cake
Lady Ifrit

jun not a cake

The only time I've heard anyone complain about RTS would be in Reverent Wings... which I've not played myself. Not yet anyway. Can't find my DS charger, and I don't like playing roms on the PC... So maybe one day XD

The gambit system could have been a little better. I'll say that much.

Rainbow Unicorn

Lady Ifrit
jun not a cake
Lady Ifrit

jun not a cake

The only time I've heard anyone complain about RTS would be in Reverent Wings... which I've not played myself. Not yet anyway. Can't find my DS charger, and I don't like playing roms on the PC... So maybe one day XD

The gambit system could have been a little better. I'll say that much.
*Renevant. Yea that sucks. But I don't like FF with rts anyways, it's so not fitted for that series.

Timid Conversationalist

8,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
It's my personal Final Fantasy (In case you can't tell...)

But I can't really explain why.

I just really like the story, the characters, and the very slight mechanics they used in it.

But mainly, it is the characters. I felt a strong connection with pretty much all of them, and they're all (for the most part) very likable.

And I don't get the irritated "Stop being so goddamn sad and just do what you have to do." feeling that I do with other games.

But it's cool that you don't like it, I would just like to know why.

Versatile Lover

User Image

User Image
                            Everyone has that one Final Fantasy that they didn't enjoy or they just couldn't find any interest in it at all. I have yet to finish IV, but I am almost done with it. I will admit, it's not that great or anything, but if you consider how long ago it was released and understood the dynamics of it's time, people would say it was pretty delicious for it's release.

I guess the only thing I genuinely liked was the fact you can farm until the ends of time with just one player (killing off the other party members) and just gather experience that way.

But overall, I guess it was a couple points above the mediocre line. I was captivated in some parts, but it wasn't necessarily my favorite. Plus, majority of the characters irritated me. My only favorites were Rydia and Edge anyway.

Dapper Prophet

5,675 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I think the exact opposite of this.

It's the first Final Fantasy game that I have ever beaten & I find it pretty fun to play when there's nothing else to do.

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
You obviously have been smoking crack.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers