Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy IV is one of my top faves. The storyline, music and characters are pretty good for the time it was made. If you look at FF III and then FF IV there's a huge jump in everything.
The game is interesting in some parts, and downright bland and boring in others.

The characters are mostly hit and miss. The dialogue is corny most of the time, and the story loses major points for shirking character development by trying to kill off as many characters as possible, only for them all to be present in the end-game.

Music was pretty good, though.

Also, Golbez being Cecil's brother, while also being a moon-man from outer space is the silliest plot device, ever.
I like it ! It's really fun and great and really exciting till near the end and then everything just gets retarded...

It's not the best Final Fantasy around, but it's really good fun. I love Rydia. emotion_bigheart

If everybody that killed themselves stayed dead and Cecil wasn't some kind of moon alien then it would of been tens times more better.

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
Everything until after the giant of babil is good.

Versatile Gawker

B1g_crunch

Actually, you could be right :U.
It seems like the game got rushed after that point. Like there should have been more to the story.
or do you say that because the end of the game is coming? lol.

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
Jinomorro
B1g_crunch

Actually, you could be right :U.
It seems like the game got rushed after that point. Like there should have been more to the story.
or do you say that because the end of the game is coming? lol.

I say it because the whole lunar whale/Fusoya/lunarian/zeromus thing seems so unnecessary. There was no buildup to those things, and the game could've been a bit better if Golbez had a backstory where he wasn't Cecil's brother, and he was the final boss fused to the nodes in the giant.

The fact of the matter is that everyone joining forces to stop the big superweapon and the team fighting against the four archfiends before a big final boss has a better feel to it than going to the moon, through a bunch of bosses and mazes to go up against a boss with no buildup.

Versatile Gawker

B1g_crunch
I say it because the whole lunar whale/Fusoya/lunarian/zeromus thing seems so unnecessary. There was no buildup to those things, and the game could've been a bit better if Golbez had a backstory where he wasn't Cecil's brother, and he was the final boss fused to the nodes in the giant.

The fact of the matter is that everyone joining forces to stop the big superweapon and the team fighting against the four archfiends before a big final boss has a better feel to it than going to the moon, through a bunch of bosses and mazes to go up against a boss with no buildup.

Well, I can understand your point about Golbez, but I would still want Zemus to get involved as well. Just a better developed story for him, like you said "There was no buildup to those things."

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
Jinomorro
B1g_crunch

Well, I can understand your point about Golbez, but I would still want Zemus to get involved as well. Just a better developed story for him, like you said "There was no buildup to those things."

Maybe if Zemus' name was thrown in a few places by some of the characters, or he was shown to be an adviser or mentor to Golbez from off to the side, rather than from the inside of the moon where he wouldn't be heard from or seen.

The great thing about a lot of the stuff in FFIV is that there's buildup to certain things in the game (minus the moon and sub-terrain).

You see the same sort of problem in III with the cloud of darkness (personally I would have enjoyed fighting a darkness-infused Xande at the top of the crystal tower, or in Eureka).

Fortuitous Autobiographer

It's a good game with a good story and some great characters.

Today it wouldn't really be anything special but the first half of the games plot is fantastic. I think it does fall apart after The Giant Of Babel though but it's still a good story.

Friendly Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
Final Fantasy IV was the first final fantasy game i played when i had my snes and its what got me into final fantasy in the first place. After days of playing it, i enjoyed everything it had: the story, the characters, the game play, and of course the sound track. Final Fantasy IV is #2 on my favorite final fantasy game list. now i disagree that FFIV is boring, and i think that FFII is boring bcuz of its bugy leveling system and all the god awful grinding yu have to do for each stat, weapon stat, and magic stat to lvl up. So yeah, FFIV is a great game and i'm happy they made the complete collection for psp (which i have).btw wondering whats #1 on the list? well heres a hint: Kefka. ^-~

Fashionable Phantom

4,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
FFIV is a very decent game, storyline-wise. Gameplay-wise, it is somewhat bland by comparison to both its successors and predecessors, but it's definitely a memorable game if you give it a legitimate shot.

If you're used to high-paced games where you're dealing 70 billion damage per swing and mowing down hundreds of enemies in a manner of seconds, then FFIV is definitely not for you. But like it or no, it is one of the cornerstones of the franchise.

Lucky Lunatic

14,375 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
I haven't picked up FFIV in ages, it was the second FF I've ever played, and probably one of the hardest RPG's I've ever played. I'd never call it boring, I will admit though that the grinding part was, though it is in any game.

Generous Informer

11,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Voter 100
Boring?! Does the whole game of FF4 looks boring to you?! sure,there are parts in there that are not nessary,but once you play the parts in Mt. ordeals,you are going to need all the firepower to defeat the first fiend of the elements.

If you are trying to get Cecil's palidin armor early,get him and his gang to (grind or hunt) a bunch of Zuus until they have enough to buy his palidin set.

also,there are funny scenes.. rofl like cecil dancing with the dancers,recieving a dirty mags (in Super NES it's a Prono Mag,in PSX it's Smut,in DS it's Lustful Lali-Ho ) in the Secret room (where Devs are at) and the famous sceene where Tellah says YOU SPOONY BARD!!
Sup I'm new to gaia can someone please give me some gold to help me get started cuz I can't play any games or buy and sell any items
jun not a cake
every one of them is better than XII -_-

DAMN STRAGIHT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out