Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
FF IV got me into not only the series, but the adventure RPG genre, as well. I played it when I was still very young, before I could really understand the whole story and whatever, but for it's time and for a kid as young as I was, it was really good.
User Image

Ha ha, okay.
I understand you thought FF4 was boring,
but I thought it was beautiful.
I actually enjoyed the game. It had some great storytelling, especially when a person who questioned his loyalty to a king who was not the person he once served. He went from being a Dark Knight to a Paladin and gained allies in the effort to take down the person he thought to be the ultimate evil. When he finds out that the evil was none other than his brother, it was then that he was controlled by a force that represented all the hate in the world, and together, he was able to fight. His allies came and went, whether through a heroic feat, or to simply help a town face their problems, they eventually banded together and brought the evil to its knees. How in all this sounds boring?
I loved the game but I stopped after realising I ******** myself over and have to grind all over again. I also enjoyed 12 well so far that is. I don't understand why people b***h about the battle system and characters.

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
It was my first Final Fantasy I played picking up the DS version 4 years ago. I liked it but it might be the fact that it was my first one I played (though I had seen plenty of VII stuff before this). And the mini games were fun, well, most of them. But I hate, hate, hated the endless level grinding since, as I read later, apparently the DS remake was much harder than it's original English release. Thank goodness for Edges skill that speed up leveling but still. This is the only Final Fantasy I have played so far where my characters were above level 50-60ish when I confronted the final boss. By the end Cecil was level 90. I had put in about 55 hours to the game and probably a good chunk of it was leveling. When I finished I swore it would be a while before I played the game again...

A week or so later I already missed it and started the game up again.

Friendly Hunter

7,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I prefer VI, but IV isn't that bad. Well done characters, storyline and (in it's time) gameplay.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Which FFIV did you play? If it was the SNES, Game Boy Advance, or PSP version, I can understand how the challenge and presentation might be underwhelming to you. You're probably not a huge old school fan either.

But if you played the DS version and still found it boring... THEN WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?
KyokiYoutaite
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS????
I hope so. I love the game. It is amazing.

Caps lock: the cruis control to cool.
AppleSpiceKat
It was my first Final Fantasy I played picking up the DS version 4 years ago. I liked it but it might be the fact that it was my first one I played (though I had seen plenty of VII stuff before this). And the mini games were fun, well, most of them. But I hate, hate, hated the endless level grinding since, as I read later, apparently the DS remake was much harder than it's original English release. Thank goodness for Edges skill that speed up leveling but still. This is the only Final Fantasy I have played so far where my characters were above level 50-60ish when I confronted the final boss. By the end Cecil was level 90. I had put in about 55 hours to the game and probably a good chunk of it was leveling. When I finished I swore it would be a while before I played the game again...

If you are going to play RPGs, you had better get used to level grinding. You do A LOT of it in most RPGs ever made

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Vornwrath
AppleSpiceKat

If you are going to play RPGs, you had better get used to level grinding. You do A LOT of it in most RPGs ever made

Believe me I already know. As much I hate it I keep playing them. I'm weird like that.

Hilarious Hunter

2,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
I never found it boring and have actually got back into it recently. I love the complete collection and all the extra stuff they threw in. There are some memorable characters and while the story is kind of cliche it works.
Being that was my first serious Final Fantasy game. I just loved it to death. I don't see what is so bad about it. I think the fandom behind Final Fantasy VII is way overrated, but it wasn't a bad game.
AppleSpiceKat
Vornwrath
AppleSpiceKat

Believe me I already know. As much I hate it I keep playing them. I'm weird like that.
I do not think anyone likes grinding, even if the battle system is good. Grinding is gaming at its most repetitive
Honestly, I didn't find Final Fantasy 4 all that fun to play. Now Final fantasy 10-2 - that game was fun!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff