Welcome to Gaia! ::

We all have our favorite Final Fantasy's that we have played over and over and know weird things about. So, it's time to tell everyone what you know, that other people may not know, that you know, but you know. Ya know?

I'll start it off with something weird I picked up awhile ago.

The logo for Final Fantasy IX is the only one not illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano, even though that crazy man did every other logo, and worked extensively on Final Fantasy IX.

Fated Paladin

-President Shinra actually has three known sons. Everyone knows about Rufus, and a lot of people will know that Lazard is an illegitimate son if they talk to certain NPCs several times, but there is a more obscure son that few people know. This third son is the illegitimate Evan Townsend from a Japan-only spinoff called Final Fantasy VII Lateral Biography Turks -The Kids Are Alright-

-Speaking of novels, the FFI novelization lists the Light Warriors as a warrior named Zest, a thief named named Sauber, a white mage named Floe, and a black mage named Daewoo.

-Continuing the subject of novels and names, the old FFIII manga named the four kids as Muuchi, Doug, J. Bowie, and Melfi.

-According to the FFII novel, Firion is 18, Maria is 17, Guy is 16, and Leon and Hilda are 19.

-According to the Ultimania, Balthier actually has two brothers. Penelo also had older brothers who taught her how to fight, and Ashe had eight older brothers who all died and left her the sole heir to the throne.

-FFX is often stated to be the first FF game to get a sequel, but FFV got an OVA sequel long before FFX-2 ever happened. It featured crystal-powered glowing buttcheeks. :U

-Angelo's full name is Sant' Angelo di Roma, which means the Angel Saint of Rome, which is silly because Rome doesn't exist in FFVIII. Also, Angelo is female.

-Vivi is stated to be nine years old in the manual for FFIX, but he's actually only six months old at the start of the game.

-Zidane is the only genome to have been "born" a child. The rest were just created the way they are. Mikoto, for instance, is only a year old.

Lonely Exhibitionist

Nomura has said that Sora and Noctis were created to be complete opposites (as protagonists)

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
In FFX-2, there is a character named Shinra that helps the Gullwings.

Just a reference to FFVII, right?

Wrong.

An Ultimecia reveals that Shinra the individual eventually had an idea to use the Farplanes as a source of energy. While he did get funding, the current tech level of Spira was insufficient to facilitate it.

Eventually though, the people of Spira learned about space travel... and were able to use it then.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Arcosi Knight
In FFX-2, there is a character named Shinra that helps the Gullwings.

Just a reference to FFVII, right?

Wrong.

An Ultimecia reveals that Shinra the individual eventually had an idea to use the Farplanes as a source of energy. While he did get funding, the current tech level of Spira was insufficient to facilitate it.

Eventually though, the people of Spira learned about space travel... and were able to use it then.

Shinra (Final Fantasy VII) was originally a small weapons manufacturer known as the Shinra Manufacturing Works and wasn't till they realized they can make energy/power out of MAKO that they turned their weapons building part into a power company.

So sorry but CANON disagrees with the writers of Final Fantasy VII, Shinra (FFX-2) didn't travel to another planet because, ya know, Shinra (FFVII) was building WEAPONS, not harvesting power of the Lifestream till later.

Also, the Cetra are the FIRST people to be on Gaia, meaning, Shinra (X-2) would of had to be the first person but he wasn't, he is a human/Al bhed from Spira, both human and Al Bhed are NOT Cetra, they don't have the power Cetra have etc.

So once again, CANON debunks the idiotic theory that the writers are spewing.

There is an article that states that the writers would LIKE it to be true but it isn't, guess the others in charge don't like the idea enough to make it so.
Kether Taninniver
-President Shinra actually has three known sons. Everyone knows about Rufus, and a lot of people will know that Lazard is an illegitimate son if they talk to certain NPCs several times, but there is a more obscure son that few people know. This third son is the illegitimate Evan Townsend from a Japan-only spinoff called Final Fantasy VII Lateral Biography Turks -The Kids Are Alright-

-Speaking of novels, the FFI novelization lists the Light Warriors as a warrior named Zest, a thief named named Sauber, a white mage named Floe, and a black mage named Daewoo.

-Continuing the subject of novels and names, the old FFIII manga named the four kids as Muuchi, Doug, J. Bowie, and Melfi.

-According to the FFII novel, Firion is 18, Maria is 17, Guy is 16, and Leon and Hilda are 19.

-According to the Ultimania, Balthier actually has two brothers. Penelo also had older brothers who taught her how to fight, and Ashe had eight older brothers who all died and left her the sole heir to the throne.

-FFX is often stated to be the first FF game to get a sequel, but FFV got an OVA sequel long before FFX-2 ever happened. It featured crystal-powered glowing buttcheeks. :U

-Angelo's full name is Sant' Angelo di Roma, which means the Angel Saint of Rome, which is silly because Rome doesn't exist in FFVIII. Also, Angelo is female.

-Vivi is stated to be nine years old in the manual for FFIX, but he's actually only six months old at the start of the game.

-Zidane is the only genome to have been "born" a child. The rest were just created the way they are. Mikoto, for instance, is only a year old.
Somehow I knew you would teach me many things..

I wish my buttcheeks glowed.
Dr Geo
Somehow I knew you would teach me many things..

I wish my buttcheeks glowed.
Legend of the Crystals was pretty good.
only things i didnt like was:
it was on 2 VHS tapes even though it couldve easily fit the 4 episodes onto 1.
it was expensive as hell(like $30~$40 or some s**t back then).

still upset that my VHS player ate the first tape.

@thread:
Aeris had dialog after disk one (X)
Kether Taninniver
Ashe had eight older brothers who all died and left her the sole heir to the throne.
Holy crap! That's tough.

-Let's see. Um, Final Fantasy IX was originally intended as a stand-alone side story, dedicated as a tribute game to the rest of the series. But it would eventually be decided to be treated and released as main series "numbered" title.

-Tidus originally had black hair.

-Final Fantasy VII was originally going to take place in real-life New York City.

-Edea's concept design was originally created during Final Fantasy VII's development, but the development team felt she would be better suited in Final Fantasy VIII instead.
Kuja9113] Let's see. Um, Final Fantasy IX was originally intended as a stand-alone side story, dedicated as a tribute game to the rest of the series. But it would eventually be decided to be treated and released as main series "numbered" ti
ft4t67wn:0="Kuja9113] Let's see. Um, Final Fantasy IX was originally intended as a stand-alone side story, dedicated as a tribute game to the rest of the series. But it would eventually be decided to be treated and released as main series "numbered" title..

Well that would have sucked..

Edit;; Mother of Christ what did I do to that quote box.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I find it sad that the only game(s) I probably know more about than the average person are XIII and XIII-2, and the reason for that is mainly because no one cared enough to bother looking into it. :c

Versatile Receiver

I don't know anything special, I am dumb, I am not worthy of this forum emo
in the PS1 version of Final Fantasy Tactics there is a Time Mage that can be encountered in the Deep Dungeon that has a male sprite but when killed will have a female scream.
if you recruit the Time Mage into your party the sprite will change to a female one but the character portrait will still be male.
the unit will have access to female exclusive equipment.
if you change the unit to the Dancer job class the character portrait and sprite will be the Bards with the job command Dance.
Zered Heizien
in the PS1 version of Final Fantasy Tactics there is a Time Mage that can be encountered in the Deep Dungeon that has a male sprite but when killed will have a female scream.
if you recruit the Time Mage into your party the sprite will change to a female one but the character portrait will still be male.
the unit will have access to female exclusive equipment.
if you change the unit to the Dancer job class the character portrait and sprite will be the Bards with the job command Dance.
Hahaha. That's insane.

Good ol Tranny Time Mage.
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I find it sad that the only game(s) I probably know more about than the average person are XIII and XIII-2, and the reason for that is mainly because no one cared enough to bother looking into it. :c
Well come on then. Let's hear some XIII trivia!

Also I just thought of one that needs clarification. I remember playing the demo from FFXII that came with Dragon Quest VIII. And I distinctly remember the characters screaming horrible death cries when they died, but this wasn't in the final version of the game. Does anyone else remember this? Or possibly know if the death screams were in the Japanese version?

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Kuja9113
Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

Well come on then. Let's hear some XIII trivia!

Also I just thought of one that needs clarification. I remember playing the demo from FFXII that came with Dragon Quest VIII. And I distinctly remember the characters screaming horrible death cries when they died, but this wasn't in the final version of the game. Does anyone else remember this? Or possibly know if the death screams were in the Japanese version?
They speak when they die, but no "screams" like FFT had.

@thread: I don't have anything to add, unfortunately, but I've been aware of ~1/3 of the facts posted here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff