Welcome to Gaia! ::

Currently playing through final fantasy 2, and haven't ran from an encounter since i started playing. Which got me thinking...is this the way all final fantasy fans play?

Dangerous Genius

Nope, I run alot.
Chaos Dirge
Nope, I run alot.

I guess you must have a strong chicken knife...

Aged Poster

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I don't run often unless I'm trying to just get something done and only then if there is a flee option because it's damn useless to try running away is some of the earlier ones. Also my chicken knife was powerful as all hell mainly because I ran to power that thing up.

Dangerous Genius

Arcobelano
Chaos Dirge
Nope, I run alot.

I guess you must have a strong chicken knife...
Well if you run even once it makes the bravery sword entirely useless, Its better to just choose the chicken knife. Also Chickens are brave warriors.

Malevolent Mage

I'd rather slaughter everything for experience and ability points, even if it's just a little bit. I think the only times I really run from battles are some of the bosses you can run from that are just too challenging at the time (the first Bahamut battle in FFIII, X-ATM092, Demon Wall, etc.). Though, I do tend to run away from Malboros in FFVIII once I've mugged Malboro Tentacles from them.

Versatile Receiver

I generally kill everything I can because otherwise the game will be too hard later. But, I run from the occasional random encounter with super strong enemies, like you know the ones that are really rare but will ******** kill you the first time you visit an area.

I also run when I'm just trying to get out of the [******** dungeon and every enemy is like LOL NOW'S THE BEST TIME TO ATTACK
The amount of times I run is directly proportional to how far into the game I am. In the beginning, I never run. At the end, I run from damn near everything. I'll also run when I'm just trying to get out if a damn dungeon, like Regina.

That's mostly for my first playthrough though. Second playthrough I rarely run from anything. Only really obnoxious enemies that really aren't even worth the trouble (see: Dark Flan from FFX).

Shadowy Cultist

I don't reall run unless im trying to leave a place or im trying to conserve my energy for an upcoming boss battle. It gets harder and harder to get very far if you keep running so i prefer to just fight as I go along.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
I don't normally run until I'm close to the end of the game because we all know that you don't want to waste your mana before even getting to the last boss... plus the monsters are always tougher and sometimes tougher than the last boss themselves.

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I normally don't run but I do I'll sometimes do it if I've known from previous encounters with the monster(s) that appear that it's going to be a draining fight then I just run to preserve mp and or hp. I also will run if it's been a while since I've found a save point (in those games that have them) and I've done too much that I'd hate to loose to a random encounter and loose all that unsaved progress. I'll run if the party is in bad shape before or during the battle. And I'll run when I start getting sick and tired of the random encounters and just want to get to the next part of the story/end of the dungeon.
Palamecia

I'd rather slaughter everything for experience and ability points, even if it's just a little bit. I think the only times I really run from battles are some of the bosses you can run from that are just too challenging at the time (the first Bahamut battle in FFIII, X-ATM092, Demon Wall, etc.). Though, I do tend to run away from Malboros in FFVIII once I've mugged Malboro Tentacles from them.

Funny, I'm actually playing through FF2 currently. Sailing around looking for deiss at the moment. there have been instances where i had to leave the dungeon because i was unequipped(damn dreadnaught encounters blinding me every battle).
I run in instances where my hits wont kill them in one turn, and the experience isn't worth it.

Riunite's Fav

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
See: Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII
almost never.
mash attack until you win can get you through 99% of just about every final fantasy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff