Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweetheart

CatchMeIfUcan3
Gilded hearts
FFVII doesnt need all of the prequels and sequels IMO if it was so great why do they keep adding to it.
FF8 was a great game, no sequel but Enix did a whack job on the main character of the game in KH. aka Squall Leonhart I get into arguments sometimes when I am corrected by KH lovers saying his name is "Leon".

X was a great game sorry it was The intro was epic, Tidus is hot. Auron is cool but not my favorite.
I was amazed by it. I dont think it was the best by far but it is the swan song of Square Soft and therefor the last true FF imo.
Yuna is my fav character because she 'was' innocent til X-2 reared its ugly slutty head- X-2 was stupid and unnecessary.
Enix fails.

Same can be said about FF13.

ff 13 sucks a**
Gilded hearts
CatchMeIfUcan3
Gilded hearts
FFVII doesnt need all of the prequels and sequels IMO if it was so great why do they keep adding to it.
FF8 was a great game, no sequel but Enix did a whack job on the main character of the game in KH. aka Squall Leonhart I get into arguments sometimes when I am corrected by KH lovers saying his name is "Leon".

X was a great game sorry it was The intro was epic, Tidus is hot. Auron is cool but not my favorite.
I was amazed by it. I dont think it was the best by far but it is the swan song of Square Soft and therefor the last true FF imo.
Yuna is my fav character because she 'was' innocent til X-2 reared its ugly slutty head- X-2 was stupid and unnecessary.
Enix fails.

ff 13 sucks a**

And 13 is another game that people seem to think is "hip" to hate. Probably more so then VII. It's ridiculous how many people hate that game. Many of which barely even played it. And think you can just hit auto battle to win every battle in the game. Which is far from the truth.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Oh man. I know this one guy who didn't even finish FFX before he hated on it - needless to say, he didn't finish it.

I don't know much about the hipster trend but I can't say it doesn't bug me either. What's with hipsters and negativity? Maaan. gonk Rated highly or being mainstream doesn't make it any less fun, imho... sweatdrop
BOMB4Y
Oh man. I know this one guy who didn't even finish FFX before he hated on it - needless to say, he didn't finish it.

I don't know much about the hipster trend but I can't say it doesn't bug me either. What's with hipsters and negativity? Maaan. gonk Rated highly or being mainstream doesn't make it any less fun, imho... sweatdrop

How far did he get into it? I see nothing odd or wrong with hating a game you didn't finish. If they barely played it then they don't really know much. But if you got like 8 hours into it and never had any fun yet, then yeah it makes perfect sense to stop playing.
Bongardo
BOMB4Y

How far did he get into it? I see nothing odd or wrong with hating a game you didn't finish. If they barely played it then they don't really know much. But if you got like 8 hours into it and never had any fun yet, then yeah it makes perfect sense to stop playing.

This posts seems awfully contradictory to what you just said about XIII...
MooMooJuice
Bongardo
BOMB4Y

Care to explain how? In my previous post I said it bugs me how people hate XIII when they barely played it. And in this post I said if they play for a awhile, (like 8 hours) it's enough to say you don't like it. Perhaps you disagree, but I consider 8 hours a fairly long time. You can beat many modern games in that amount of time.

Sweetheart

Bongardo
Gilded hearts
CatchMeIfUcan3
Gilded hearts

Enix fails.

ff 13 sucks a**

And 13 is another game that people seem to think is "hip" to hate. Probably more so then VII. It's ridiculous how many people hate that game. Many of which barely even played it. And think you can just hit auto battle to win every battle in the game. Which is far from the truth.

If I thought it was hip to hate 13 then I would grow a neck beard wear skinny jeans and make ironic sexist remarks all the time
I had high expectations with 13 which I shouldnt've, because it felt like only a few hours before I had beat it with no real gain in personal story or an accomplished feeling of beating it
Although graphically gorgeous it really falls short of other past FF after FFX it was over.
three words come to mind when thinking of Enix's games..
Bland Linear and Boring.
I beat ff 13 no time and I was kinda like what last chapter??? and I yawned the rest of the way and beat it and I expected a second one because enix cant ever get the first one right to begin with.
Gilded hearts
Bongardo
Gilded hearts
CatchMeIfUcan3
Gilded hearts

Enix fails.

ff 13 sucks a**

If I thought it was hip to hate 13 then I would grow a neck beard wear skinny jeans and make ironic sexist remarks all the time
I had high expectations with 13 which I shouldnt've, because it felt like only a few hours before I had beat it with no real gain in personal story or an accomplished feeling of beating it
Although graphically gorgeous it really falls short of other past FF after FFX it was over.
Bland Linear and Boring.
I beat ff 13 no time and I was kinda like what last chapter??? and I yawned the rest of the way and beat it and I expected a second one because enix cant ever get the first one right to begin with.
It felt like only a few hours? I don't see how, it was no shorter then a lot of other FF games.
But if you beat it and just find it uninteresting then fine. The linearity is a valid complaint. But when people claim Auto battle wins the battles for you just means they know next to nothing about the battle system. And they barely played it. And this is a very common complaint.

Sweetheart

Bongardo
Gilded hearts
Bongardo
Gilded hearts
CatchMeIfUcan3
Gilded hearts

Enix fails.

ff 13 sucks a**

Bland Linear and Boring.
It felt like only a few hours? I don't see how, it was no shorter then a lot of other FF games.
But if you beat it and just find it uninteresting then fine. The linearity is a valid complaint. But when people claim Auto battle wins the battles for you just means they know next to nothing about the battle system. And they barely played it. And this is a very common complaint.

never said anything about auto battle-- I think auto battle should have never been included though. its kinda like saying 'yea it can be so easy to include an auto battle' but no its not entirely easy I found some battles difficult; but on the game entirely- just no depth. its not a winner for me. no it took more than a few days but I dont remember a significance about the game.. cept the pretty graphics.
Gilded hearts

never said anything about auto battle-- I think auto battle should have never been included though. its kinda like saying 'yea it can be so easy to include an auto battle' but no its not entirely easy I found some battles difficult; but on the game entirely- just no depth. its not a winner for me. no it took more than a few days but I dont remember a significance about the game.. cept the pretty graphics.
Yeah I know you never said that. Actually I meant to imply you are one the FFXIII haters that don't bother me. Your reasons are logical and true. I just disagree with you.

I see no issue with including the Auto Battle. I think it makes battles easier to manage. I choose what they do with the paradigms, so it still doesn't feel like the game is doing anything major for me. And the game was pretty challenging still as it was. I found the battle system as a whole a lot of fun, but with some issues. XIII-2 fixed those issues though.
Bongardo
MooMooJuice
Bongardo
BOMB4Y

Care to explain how? In my previous post I said it bugs me how people hate XIII when they barely played it. And in this post I said if they play for a awhile, (like 8 hours) it's enough to say you don't like it. Perhaps you disagree, but I consider 8 hours a fairly long time. You can beat many modern games in that amount of time.

I guess I don't play these modern games you speak of. xD; To me 8 hours is not a long time when playing a main title FF game. Especially concerning XIII. I don't think you even have a full party yet 8 hours in..
MooMooJuice
Bongardo
MooMooJuice
Bongardo
BOMB4Y

I guess I don't play these modern games you speak of. xD; To me 8 hours is not a long time when playing a main title FF game. Especially concerning XIII. I don't think you even have a full party yet 8 hours in..

You might not have a full party, but you have experienced the battle system and was introduced to the world. And if you have not had fun at all, then there is good chance you never will.

And many shooters and action games are over by about 10-12 hours or so. I estimated a little low when I said 8 earlier, but even still, some or over by 8 as well. Particularly shooters.
Bongardo

No, people don't just hate it because it's "hip" to say so, we hate it because it's legitimately an awful game. I have beat it and I saw not a single thing that was even remotely likable about the game. The story was insultingly bad with plotholes so huge all the dump trucks in the world couldn't fill them and it has more padding than a 14 year old girl's bra, the gameplay was average at best, the absolute worst thing about it being how linear the gameplay and leveling were and that if the main character dies it does not matter how many other people have raise or renew, you're just screwed which made Orphan an incredibly cheap b*****d, the characters were just so freaking bland with the exception of Hope who was a perfect example of a concept that could be done well if done by someone who actually has even the slightest literary talent and knows the definition of the word "subtlety." It is just such a terrible package from beginning to end, I legitimately TRIED to get into it, I even had a thread going a while back asking for tips to get me through it and I found nothing of value in the entire game.

Also the reason people say 7 is overrated is because it IS. We're not saying it's bad but that there are better and we're just so freaking tired of people being like "FINAL FANTASY 7 IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE AND CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH ARE THE DEEPEST CHARACTERS EVER MADE!" I like FF7, not one of my top 5 FF games but it is a good game, but I DESPISE what that game has done to the Final Fantasy fanbase.
Sephimaru Solez
Bongardo

No, people don't just hate it because it's "hip" to say so, we hate it because it's legitimately an awful game. I have beat it and I saw not a single thing that was even remotely likable about the game. The story was insultingly bad with plotholes so huge all the dump trucks in the world couldn't fill them and it has more padding than a 14 year old girl's bra, the gameplay was average at best, the absolute worst thing about it being how linear the gameplay and leveling were and that if the main character dies it does not matter how many other people have raise or renew, you're just screwed which made Orphan an incredibly cheap b*****d, the characters were just so freaking bland with the exception of Hope who was a perfect example of a concept that could be done well if done by someone who actually has even the slightest literary talent and knows the definition of the word "subtlety." It is just such a terrible package from beginning to end, I legitimately TRIED to get into it, I even had a thread going a while back asking for tips to get me through it and I found nothing of value in the entire game.

Also the reason people say 7 is overrated is because it IS. We're not saying it's bad but that there are better and we're just so freaking tired of people being like "FINAL FANTASY 7 IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE AND CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH ARE THE DEEPEST CHARACTERS EVER MADE!" I like FF7, not one of my top 5 but it is a good game, but I DESPISE what that game has done to the Final Fantasy fanbase.

What plot holes are you referring to? I have heard people say there are plot holes but I have yet to hear someone give me one that I couldn't explain.
As for the game over when the main character dies.... I agree with you. That is a problem I am glad they fixed for XIII-2. And I wish they would patch the first game to fix it. Yeah, Orphan was cheap because of that. Probably the worst final boss in a Final Fantasy game.
Bongardo
Sephimaru Solez
Bongardo

Also the reason people say 7 is overrated is because it IS. We're not saying it's bad but that there are better and we're just so freaking tired of people being like "FINAL FANTASY 7 IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE AND CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH ARE THE DEEPEST CHARACTERS EVER MADE!" I like FF7, not one of my top 5 but it is a good game, but I DESPISE what that game has done to the Final Fantasy fanbase.

What plot holes are you referring to? I have heard people say there are plot holes but I have yet to hear someone give me one that I couldn't explain.
As for the game over when the main character dies.... I agree with you. That is a problem I am glad they fixed for XIII-2. And I wish they would patch the first game to fix it. Yeah, Orphan was cheap because of that. Probably the worst final boss in a Final Fantasy game.

Okay, biggest plothole in the game. Why the hell did they wait so long to tell you what your focus is? I mean if you want someone to do something for you isn't telling them what it is kinda the #1 most important thing, but all they give you is a hazy mental image of something related to what you're supposed to do and that gives you about a 50/50 shot of getting it right at best. So either it just doesn't want to tell you or it can't and the hazy image is all it can muster, but then about 20 hours of padding later Bartandelus comes in and tells you what your focus is, now if he'd left it at that maybe I'd think that some Fal'cie just couldn't talk and this guy was one of the few that could, but he went and explained to you that the Fal'cie are all of one mind and all want the same thing, so if they all want the same thing why didn't Bartandelus just show up immediately and just tell you flat out what your focus was? Why did I have to wander aimlessly for 20 hours, that's not good story telling. Plus if these L'cie are supposed to be your secret agents then why would you give them easily identifyable tattoo's? And if for some reason you had no other choice but to do so then why would you put them in different places rather than someplace no one would ever see? And the ending was just so stupid, they decided to defy their focus of killing Orphan... by killing Orphan and somehow it works out because Vanille and Fang just somehow knew how to create a giant crystal pillar to hold Cacoon up. I mean how does anyone think this is a good story? I'm sorry but I just cannot comprehend how anyone would look back on this and say it's good?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff