Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey does anyone besides me think that some of the charactors in FFIX are like the Greek Gods?

Freya- Artimis, Goddess of the Hunt, kind but dangerous

Beatrix- Athena, Goddess of Peaceful War and Wisdom, kinda describes her.

Eiko- Aphrodite, Goddes of love. Ok here me out She had a crush on Zidane and was willing to do anything to get Garnet out of the picture, just like Aphrodite.

Hilda- Hera, Queen of the gods. WHile there were other Kings and Queens she seems to stand out the most since her husband cheats on her like Zeus.

Garnet- Maybe Demeter, worring about people and people close to her.

I only did the girls, cuase they stuck out the most to me. Anyone else think so?
hmm...good proposal. could be, game designers get ideas from everything. nice bunny whee
I'm havign a little trouble sorting the guys though.

Kuja- Hades, well yeas.

Cid- Zeus, for Helga's reason.

Steiner- I can see as either Ares or Hesphestus.Mostly Hespestus though.

Amerant-Ares, just because of the fights he enjoys.

Vivi- ehhhhh wrong gender but maybe *********, goddess of youth?

Zidane- Dionysus, the vine god. He was a symbol fo rebirth, which I believe describes Zidane.

Blank- Poisidion, please dont' even ask. I think he sailed a ship so..

Shameless Lunatic

34,090 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
this is a bit off the topic, but some of the gfs are named after gods, goddesses and other mythological creatures.

eg:

quezacoatl: aztec god of thunder
shiva: i think she was an ice godess. cant remember religion though.....
Cerberus: kinda obvious, - the gatekeeper of the underworld
Siren: name says it all
Phoenix: bit obvious
Unicorn: ditto

thats all i can think of right now, feel free to add more
To be honest Morgais, aside from Freya, Beatrix, Hilda, and Cid, I don't see most of the examples you cite fitting. Many seem forced.

Those that do fit, however, fit very well. What with the Festival of the Hunt and the odds being stacked in Freya's favor to win, I can see this one, for example.

Kuja, however, more than likely is an intended reference to mythology, but not necessarily of the Greeks, but at least Roman Mythology, adapted from that of the Greeks. "Kuja" is Sanskrit for "Mars," the name of the Roman god of War, adopted from the Greeks and adapted from their Ares. Kuja was Garland's Angel of Death, sent to Gaia to orchestrate war, which he did very well.

Another possible reference in regard to him is that in the Table of the Zodiac, Mars exerts a strong influence over those born under the Sign of Scorpio, leading to them being very passionate. Note Kuja's poetic way of speaking and his passionate behavior.

His name is more than likely a reference to the Roman god and to the afore-mentioned characteristic of the Planet Mars in relation to the Zodiac.
Freya kinda already is named after a goddess. Norse one. Goddess of something-or-other.
The Final Fantasy Forum is dead...nothing is moving?
Of course Freya is named after a goddess already since she actually IS a goddess. Norse to be exact.

Quote:
Freya was the goddess of sex, fertility, love, prosperity, wealth, cats, seeresses and war. She was an extremely beautiful woman who was also called upon to be the patron goddess of births and the crops. Freya was the owner of the precious Brisings necklace. She had a special feather coat with which she could fly around the world, and was also known for having a chariot drawn by two huge male cats. Freya was a resident of Folkvang and divided all of the slain warriors with Odin.

You can NOT just make characters gods and goddess' however you please. There are already god and goddess related characters in the games and they arnt forced.

By the way, please know what mythology you are talking about before starting to name characters after certain gods and goddess' that are actually already around because Freya has NEVER been a greek goddess' she is and always has been NORSE.

Greek=Greece
Norse=Norway

Two different countries with two different mythologies.
I don't know about Goddess's and God's, but almost every SINGLE Final Fantast IX concept and character can be linked to a past instalment.

Zidane: Carbon Copy of Locke
Garnet: Princess Sarah fodder with an expanded personality
Stiener: Compairable to really no one, which I like.
Vivi and Eiko: Palom and Poram. or is it ther other way around? sweatdrop Also, see Amarant for Shadow-Relm reference
Freya: An odd combination of Vincents slightly depressed mannor, with Kains abilties, and something all her own.
Amarant: A Shadow carbon copy sans Ninja outlook. Both carry the same personality traits, and ALSO has seems to have a similar relation to Eiko that might be suggested to occur between Shadow and Relm, as noted on one of the visits to Treno.
Quina: ZoZo-No clue what either gender is.
Cid: Of course your gona have one of these. It seems you have a Cid for every walk of life.
Queen Brahn: Her huge erm 'girth' seems to represent most of the opressive kingdom/governmental boddies in FF's history ((Galabadia/Shin-Ra/The Empire/ Baron/ The Empire again))
Kuja: At first I was tempted to just write him off as a pretty sephiroth, with a bit more ((not by much)) sanity. But now I see him as a Jenova esq figure, controlling everything like a puppet master, right down to the Doll Like black mages.

Of course Squall of SeeD migth prove me wrong on all accounts, at least I'v had my say.

sweatdrop
Demonic Curse
Of course Freya is named after a goddess already since she actually IS a goddess. Norse to be exact.

Quote:
Freya was the goddess of sex, fertility, love, prosperity, wealth, cats, seeresses and war. She was an extremely beautiful woman who was also called upon to be the patron goddess of births and the crops. Freya was the owner of the precious Brisings necklace. She had a special feather coat with which she could fly around the world, and was also known for having a chariot drawn by two huge male cats. Freya was a resident of Folkvang and divided all of the slain warriors with Odin.

You can NOT just make characters gods and goddess' however you please. There are already god and goddess related characters in the games and they arnt forced.

By the way, please know what mythology you are talking about before starting to name characters after certain gods and goddess' that are actually already around because Freya has NEVER been a greek goddess' she is and always has been NORSE.

Greek=Greece
Norse=Norway

Meh. We're a smooth one, aren't we? Just like you to come in and flame someone for saying something you disagree with or haven't thought of yourself yet.

She was not saying Freya was a Greek goddess. I'm sure she knows better than that. This was a thread about how some of the characters seemed a little like the Greek gods to her and then she explained how. While some of them do seem forced, others are quite understandable.

Besides, it's something new on this forum where most topics are repeats.
dreaming_kitsune

shiva: i think she was an ice godess. cant remember religion though.....

Shiva is the Destroyer gpd/goddess of the Hindu faith.
Zackorian Donatello Grey
I don't know about Goddess's and God's, but almost every SINGLE Final Fantast IX concept and character can be linked to a past instalment.

Zidane: Carbon Copy of Locke
Garnet: Princess Sarah fodder with an expanded personality
Stiener: Compairable to really no one, which I like.
Vivi and Eiko: Palom and Poram. or is it ther other way around? sweatdrop Also, see Amarant for Shadow-Relm reference
Freya: An odd combination of Vincents slightly depressed mannor, with Kains abilties, and something all her own.
Amarant: A Shadow carbon copy sans Ninja outlook. Both carry the same personality traits, and ALSO has seems to have a similar relation to Eiko that might be suggested to occur between Shadow and Relm, as noted on one of the visits to Treno.
Quina: ZoZo-No clue what either gender is.
Cid: Of course your gona have one of these. It seems you have a Cid for every walk of life.
Queen Brahn: Her huge erm 'girth' seems to represent most of the opressive kingdom/governmental boddies in FF's history ((Galabadia/Shin-Ra/The Empire/ Baron/ The Empire again))
Kuja: At first I was tempted to just write him off as a pretty sephiroth, with a bit more ((not by much)) sanity. But now I see him as a Jenova esq figure, controlling everything like a puppet master, right down to the Doll Like black mages.

Of course Squall of SeeD migth prove me wrong on all accounts, at least I'v had my say.

sweatdrop
the thing about amarant and eiko being the same as shadow and relm is wrong relm was shadows daughter but eiko is not amarants daughter amarant is more of eikos bodyguard
Karak Fyzar
Zackorian Donatello Grey
I don't know about Goddess's and God's, <b>but almost every SINGLE Final Fantast IX concept and character can be linked to a past instalment.</b>

the thing about amarant and eiko being the same as shadow and relm is wrong relm was shadows daughter but eiko is not amarants daughter amarant is more of eikos bodyguard

He didn't say that Amarant and Eiko were related. He was just drawing a reoccuring theme that he found between FFVI and FFIX. Take a chill pill.
Khaelynn Leonhart
Demonic Curse

Quote:

Greek=Greece
Norse=Norway

Meh. We're a smooth one, aren't we? Just like you to come in and flame someone for saying something you disagree with or haven't thought of yourself yet.

She was not saying Freya was a Greek goddess. I'm sure she knows better than that. This was a thread about how some of the characters seemed a little like the Greek gods to her and then she explained how. While some of them do seem forced, others are quite understandable.

Besides, it's something new on this forum where most topics are repeats.

Don't mind DC..She's the resident Anarchist Bubble Popper of our forum... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff