Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Moonlight Agony

There are no EU servers at the moment. I would look on the official forums to see what server seems to have the lowest lag for your country.

But no EU servers I mean I know some servers are listed at EU, but all the physical servers are in Canada or Japan.

I joined on Coeurl - that was listed as an EU server? It gave me a list of Japanese, American and European servers, and I just picked one of the EU ones. All seems to be going well thus far 3nodding

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Orc Knight Mina
My advice for mmos in general is to prepare to be able to handle drama if it happens.
Someone might mess up in a group and another group member may not like that and throw a hissy fit.
Just calmly back away and ignore people like that.
Not saying that's what FFXIVARR is like (so far it's been wonderful, but I haven't even gotten to Ifrit yet and he's the first primal boss) just saying that since there are a lot of people in the game chances are you'll run into a jerk at some point.

Thanks for your advice! I've only been able to play the game for a couple hours in total (difficult around work etc), but I'm a level 10 Conjurer at the moment. Just signed up to the Archery Guild, too, as I've always liked those weapons. Haven't been in any dungeons/played with any groups as yet. I'm assuming they will come up when I hit later levels?

I'm playing on the PS3 so don't have a keyboard. Less likely to get drawn into any sort of dispute, I guess?! 3nodding

Lonely Explorer

Rhea Valente
Moonlight Agony

There are no EU servers at the moment. I would look on the official forums to see what server seems to have the lowest lag for your country.

But no EU servers I mean I know some servers are listed at EU, but all the physical servers are in Canada or Japan.

I joined on Coeurl - that was listed as an EU server? It gave me a list of Japanese, American and European servers, and I just picked one of the EU ones. All seems to be going well thus far 3nodding

What I meant was there are servers listed as EU servers, but they are not in EU so you will be lucky to get under 100 ms.

Gracious Tipper

8,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Moonlight Agony
What I meant was there are servers listed as EU servers, but they are not in EU so you will be lucky to get under 100 ms.

100 ms?

Inquisitive Cat

Rhea Valente
Orc Knight Mina
My advice for mmos in general is to prepare to be able to handle drama if it happens.
Someone might mess up in a group and another group member may not like that and throw a hissy fit.
Just calmly back away and ignore people like that.
Not saying that's what FFXIVARR is like (so far it's been wonderful, but I haven't even gotten to Ifrit yet and he's the first primal boss) just saying that since there are a lot of people in the game chances are you'll run into a jerk at some point.

Thanks for your advice! I've only been able to play the game for a couple hours in total (difficult around work etc), but I'm a level 10 Conjurer at the moment. Just signed up to the Archery Guild, too, as I've always liked those weapons. Haven't been in any dungeons/played with any groups as yet. I'm assuming they will come up when I hit later levels?

I'm playing on the PS3 so don't have a keyboard. Less likely to get drawn into any sort of dispute, I guess?! 3nodding

You'll unlock them from the main questline and the first one is unlocked quest wise around 14-15, and that's Sastasha.
Also, here are some dungeon tips just for the heck of it!
The basic dungeon tips I've learned SO FAR (still newish, though I finally got Ifrit) are-
1. Stay out of the red parts of the ground, that means an enemy is using an avoidable special attack there.
2. Pay attention for hints for how to win in boss battles that require interaction with objects or paying attention to extra mobs that might show up.
In the final Sastasha fight for example it's best to close the vents when they bubble up to stop extra mobs from showing up and overwhelming the tank and healer.
3. This one I've seen debatable, but healers are expected to help dps between healing when possible.
So far it hasn't been an issue, I've been able to throw a few stones/aeros out between curing.

Inquisitive Cat

Sorry to double post, but gotta add something to those dungeon tips....
This one I'm still learning as well, but try to determine if you can afford to assist with dps or interacting with an object without sacrificing needed healing to the tank or any other party members.
I got overconfident in a Sastasha run I did and the tank died while I tried to close the vents!
Luckily he's a FC mate and was very understanding, and we even won the fight despite that.

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
I just started playing. I'm on the Lamia server. Toon is a lvl 16 Conjurer. Planning on going summoner. Anyone else on my server? I don't really know anyone else that plays.

Lamia Server - Ayeka Misaki

Sparkly Gekko

Orc Knight Mina
3. This one I've seen debatable, but healers are expected to help dps between healing when possible.
So far it hasn't been an issue, I've been able to throw a few stones/aeros out between curing.
This. It becomes much easier at level 50 when running later game dungeons and when your tank can take more hits. While you should only ever DPS as a healer when you're comfortable, at the same time later on you'll find that if you don't DPS at all you'll be twiddling your thumbs for long periods of most encounters. Most of the time you'll have time to switch into Cleric Stance and pop off an Aero, Aero II and Thunder (assuming you got it from Thaumaturge) before switching back out of Cleric Stance to heal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff