Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Cute plush ^O^

Character last save was last night. Will going to miss playing... however, the destruction in Eozorea is happening in game now! The weather and music has changed! If you haven't, log in experience it!

Unbeatable Warlord

9,300 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Hmm

I was checking the price for this game and found it a lot cheaper than usual for a new game.
You don't have to buy the original ff14 to play this new one right?

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Grand Chevalier Haji
Hmm

I was checking the price for this game and found it a lot cheaper than usual for a new game.
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Well the prices you're seeing are likely for the originally released XIV, since XIV 2.0 hasn't been released yet. But it doesn't matter either way since anybody with the original XIV game will just patch into 2.0 following its release. Once 2.0 is released the original XIV game discs will not be in production any longer.

But to answer your question, no. You don't have to buy the original XIV to play the new one. You can buy the new one when it's released, or buy the old one and patch into the new one at release.

Unbeatable Warlord

9,300 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Cupcakesu
Grand Chevalier Haji
Hmm

User Image

Well the prices you're seeing are likely for the originally released XIV, since XIV 2.0 hasn't been released yet. But it doesn't matter either way since anybody with the original XIV game will just patch into 2.0 following its release. Once 2.0 is released the original XIV game discs will not be in production any longer.

But to answer your question, no. You don't have to buy the original XIV to play the new one. You can buy the new one when it's released, or buy the old one and patch into the new one at release.

oh okay then thank you

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
If you haven't logged in after the last Character Save, you should do so! The added weather, creepy music, monsters roaming, adds to the realization ... the world is ending. Don't forget to pray xD
Arwen
If you haven't logged in after the last Character Save, you should do so! The added weather, creepy music, monsters roaming, adds to the realization ... the world is ending. Don't forget to pray xD

It's pretty awesome, no? I've been just sitting out in the fields around Limsa, listening to this new version of "Answers."

But I've heard something about Ul'dah being under attack by mobs and such. (Though, I think I'm late for that? I dunno. I saw a ton of screens showing it, but on my server [Balmung] I didn't see anything in town.)

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Feta Cetra
It's pretty awesome, no? I've been just sitting out in the fields around Limsa, listening to this new version of "Answers."

But I've heard something about Ul'dah being under attack by mobs and such. (Though, I think I'm late for that? I dunno. I saw a ton of screens showing it, but on my server [Balmung] I didn't see anything in town.)

It is awesome. smile I'm in Ul'dah and yes we are under attack by ... a lot of Nael Deus Darnus and other NM. Oh and praying...lots of praying. (I'm on Excalibur.)

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
This was just released this morning... FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - Gridania (Alpha)

link to HD version: High Definition Version

All I can say... Wow Gridania looks breathtaking in 2.0. And I am extremely glad the Aetheryte has been relocated closer to the Inn. The NPCs sitting on the counters looks fantastic! And the boat dock... OMG!

Old Gridania walk through:

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

THE MUSIC IS SO LOVELY.
THE SCENERY IS GORGEOUS.

SFINSDKFBSDKFWEIUIF. I WANT THIS NOW. ;~;
Arwen
Feta Cetra

It is awesome. smile I'm in Ul'dah and yes we are under attack by ... a lot of Nael Deus Darnus and other NM. Oh and praying...lots of praying. (I'm on Excalibur.)

Balmung, here. I love RPing, so I was on Besaid originally until it merged.

Arwen

THE NOISES I AM MAKING AS A RESULT OF THAT VIDEO ARE NOT HUMAN.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
surprised Adventurers of Eorzea, Arise!(11/08/2012) Now we have to remember to log in this weekend!
Quote:
Leaders of the Eorzean Alliance have issued a clarion call, petitioning all able adventurers to lend their strength to the battle that will determine the fate of the realm.

In order to rally the greatest possible number of adventurers for the final reckoning, the game will be opened to all FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account holders between Thursday, November 8, 2012, at midnight and Sunday, November 11, 2012, at the same hour (PST). You will be able to log in* during this time regardless of your subscription status.
* With the exception of The Lodestone and the official forums.
* Any progress made will not carry over to A Realm Reborn.

------------------------
Adventurers of all races, origins, and creeds. Let it be known that the forces of the Eorzean Alliance, formed of the combined might of Limsa Lominsa, Ul’dah, and Gridania, have presently left the wilds of Thanalan en route to the Carteneau Flats, there to engage in a decisive confrontation with the VIIth Imperial Legion of the Garlean Empire.

Yet this battle is but the means to an end, for the preservation of the realm from Dalamud is our true objective. Joining our host in the capacity of military tactician is Archon Louisoix, who shall helm the last-ditch effort to repel the descending lesser moon. To ensure the success of this mission—and the continued survival of all life upon Eorzea—it is imperative that the Garlean interlopers are put to rout.

Be fairly warned that the enemy is no less determined than we. Resolved to hold its ground, the VIIth Imperial Legion has reportedly summoned reinforcements from Castrum Novum in a move to consolidate its defenses. Should troops from the imperial stronghold be permitted to join the fray, our cause would be dealt a grievous blow. As such, we have dire need of courageous souls who would meet the auxiliary Garlean force in southern Mor Dhona and prevent its merging with the main host.

Our beloved Eorzea lies upon the brink of destruction, and she needs all of her champions to rise to her aid. And so we beseech you, the adventurers of the realm, to gather your strength! Join the battle, and fight to reforge the fate of Eorzea!

Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn
Chief Admiral, The Maelstrom

Raubahn Aldynn
Flame General, The Immortal Flames

Kan-E-Senna
Elder Seedseer, The Order of the Twin Adder
------------------------

Hour of Reckoning
Saturday, November 10, 2012, at 10:00 p.m. – Sunday, November 11, 2012, at midnight (PST)

Place of Reckoning
Brittlebark, Mor Dhona

Prodigal Demigod

I have the morning shift at work tomorrow.
I can't stay up for this.

crying

Genius

anyone knows when i can sign up, isn't the impact supposed to be the release date? cry

Prodigal Demigod

Evil Senpai
anyone knows when i can sign up, isn't the impact supposed to be the release date? cry

No, the impact is the shutdown of the current servers in preparation for the Realm Reborn version.
It's referring to the impact of Dalmud, a FF7-style meteor that's been called down.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff