Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
XBalmung
Arwen
I just noticed the reduced quality of running, stopping, and strafing.
The running looks like WoW now... stressed

XBalmung

Server/Game shuts down in November...so PS3 version comes out January 2013. gonk

By shut down, do you mean relaunched? I've yet to hear anything about it shutting down. And January, eh? I know what to ask for my birthday at least. =P

Yep, relaunched. gonk They released the information 'officially' on the news page yesterday.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Arwen
XBalmung
Arwen
I just noticed the reduced quality of running, stopping, and strafing.
The running looks like WoW now... stressed

XBalmung

Server/Game shuts down in November...so PS3 version comes out January 2013. gonk

By shut down, do you mean relaunched? I've yet to hear anything about it shutting down. And January, eh? I know what to ask for my birthday at least. =P

Yep, relaunched. gonk They released the information 'officially' on the news page yesterday.

Ahhh, well that sucks for the current players. When it says character data won't be saved, does that mean it won't save until it's relaunched, or they are wiping out character data for the relaunch?

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
XBalmung
Ahhh, well that sucks for the current players. When it says character data won't be saved, does that mean it won't save until it's relaunched, or they are wiping out character data for the relaunch?

No, the character data before World goes offline won't be wiped. Only character data accumulated after the worlds goes offline for those wishing to play after worlds goes off. xd Confusing?

Some folks asked over at the forums to keep servers up after servers/worlds goes offline. SE is collecting votes to hear everyone's opinion. You need to log in to vote.

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll the Fourth (09/05/2012)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The grand finale of FINAL FANTASY XIV will culminate with all Worlds going offline on November 11, 2012. We do, however, understand that some players may wish to continue playing the current version, even though player data accumulated during this time will not be saved or carried over to A Realm Reborn.

Please tell us your preferences in this fourth edition of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll.

* Please read Letter from the Producer, XXXV before answering the poll.
* This poll is scheduled to conclude at 7:59 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Arwen
No, the character data before World goes offline won't be wiped. Only character data accumulated after the worlds goes offline for those wishing to play after worlds goes off. xd Confusing?

Some folks asked over at the forums to keep servers up after servers/worlds goes offline. SE is collecting votes to hear everyone's opinion. You need to log in to vote.

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll the Fourth (09/05/2012)

The grand finale of FINAL FANTASY XIV will culminate with all Worlds going offline on November 11, 2012. We do, however, understand that some players may wish to continue playing the current version, even though player data accumulated during this time will not be saved or carried over to A Realm Reborn.

Please tell us your preferences in this fourth edition of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll.

* Please read Letter from the Producer, XXXV before answering the poll.
* This poll is scheduled to conclude at 7:59 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ahh, well that's good at least. =P Would suck to have your character data wiped after the game's been out for what, 2 years or so?

And that's nice they are letting the players vote on whether or not the servers go down. Though, not sure what the point to playing the game if it's not going to save would be, but oh well. xD

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Yeah, it is weird some folks wish to play even if its not going to be saved. I would cry if something nice dropped. xd
I am really look forward to the revamped game. Although everything i heard kind warded me off, i bet after getting the hang of the newer system ill own this game

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
O___O Finally, 'some' actual game footage.

In case it doesn't show... dang bbcode. some actual game footage (not the producer live one).

Prodigal Demigod

XBalmung
Would suck to have your character data wiped after the game's been out for what, 2 years or so?

My understanding is that it's not, and that all current characters will be transitioned to the Realm Reborn servers.
I believe that statement means that any progress made after that date will not be carried over.
I'm going to go buy PS3 for the primary focus of playing FFXIV smile

Tried it on PC but the controls felt dodgy to me. As if it never was meant for PC in the first place. Looking forward to it's relaunch and I'll be going into it again.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Letter from the Producer, XXXVI (10/05/2012), the results of the poll.
They will keep the servers up, however will check end of every month if login decreases.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

I ordered this today. <3

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

I wasn't that interested until I found out there'd be magitek armor mounts.
Cupcakesu
User Image

I ordered this today. <3

I already have mine. I may actually buy several more. Moogles are the potato chips of the plushie world. I simply cannot have only one.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Cupcakesu
User Image

I ordered this today. <3

I really can't afford things like that right now but even I am REEEEALLY considering buying a couple, I need my Moogle plushies! Though the Moogel I want most is Stiltzkin (based on the FFIX version not the Chronicles/dungeon version) as I do love my traveling Moogle the best. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff