Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Cat

Roegadyn.
Now where's my damn female highlanders? |:

There's gameplay footage from gamescom out, lol cellphone camera, but it looks about as amazing as I expected.

Alternatively, skip to ~1:40 in this video for better quality, but much shorter, clip of gameplay.

edit: a better clip of the full extended gameplay is out.
masturbate to kill myself
looks impressive
cant wait for the ps3 version to come out

this most def, ill take a couple days off work for the release even xP

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Quote:
We'll get details on the PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy XIV around the time of Tokyo Game Show, Famitsu reveals this week as part of an interview with the game's development staff.

This appears to suggest that Square Enix won't be sharing PlayStation 3 version details during FFXIV's stage event at the weekend's Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event. Tokyo Game Show will be held this year from 9/20 to 9/23.

Famitsu also reveals some of the user interface changes players can expect on PS3. Different from the PC version, the PS3 will not show all those horizontally lined-up icons. Additionally, the designers' are attempting to fit all main commands into eight items.

Targeting is also being evolved for the PS3 version (this may be for the PC version as well). You'll be able to select from within the targeting circle.
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Questionable Cat

Here's the extended limit break trailer, a full version of what was shown at gamescom.
Arcanist as a class and Summoner as its associated job have been confirmed as well.

It's officially named "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" now, so maybe change title?

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

Excited for Arcanist and Summoner. <33

Questionable Cat

I'm not much of a mage person (despite having Summoner leveled in FFXI), but it sounds pretty interesting from the way they've described it. More of a pet class than a mage, really.

Quote:
This is Arcanist:
Main weapon is "Book", going to be a pet class, and will most probably make it at ARR launch.
Pros:

- Puts DOTs on enemies
          - Debuffs enemies

There are 2 types of Carbuncle: Tank-type, Caster-type (they're going to be different visually)

Quote:
Summoner is going to summon a piece of the Primals, similar to FFXI. We aren't really summoning them, that's what we get to do with the Free Company Summon System. Instead, we are summoning their essense. A fraction of themselves.

So, Arcanist will use Carbuncle for DoT, Tanking, and Casting purposes. Summoner, on the other hand, will be able to summon the essense of the Primals. Makes sense.

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
One word: Jumping?
The screenshots look awesome! Can't wait for PS3 release! xd
Arwen

I second this.

7,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
Fat Kids Lag in RL
Arwen

I second this.

But but then what will the Dragoons do? NOTHING THATS WUT.

I wonder, what with Summoners and all, will we be able to summon Garuda? Will she make everyone jump in sur- SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCHHH

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Absolute Claws

That is uncontrolled jumping. xd

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Good lord those screenshots look beautiful. Now if only the game were finally out for Ps3 emo

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I just noticed the reduced quality of running, stopping, and strafing.
The running looks like WoW now... stressed

XBalmung

Server/Game shuts down in November...so PS3 version comes out January 2013. gonk

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Arwen
I just noticed the reduced quality of running, stopping, and strafing.
The running looks like WoW now... stressed

XBalmung

Server/Game shuts down in November...so PS3 version comes out January 2013. gonk

By shut down, do you mean relaunched? I've yet to hear anything about it shutting down. And January, eh? I know what to ask for my birthday at least. =P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff