Maynard is god

yes 1 100.0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 1 ]

Firestarter

9,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Alright so I played 11 a lot. Got sick to death of worm and frog parties, honestly abysea was a disappointment. Anyways I have played a lot of different final fantasies as well as world of warcraft, when I play WOW no one EVER talks about XI they may talk about 6 or 7 but no one ever talks about 11...Yet people on 11 seem to despises wow with a passion. Now one of my bestfriends has played ff11 for like 7 years now or longer and she wont even stay in a room with someone talking about wow...Its like what is going on? World of Warcraft players dont even acknowledged ffxi or care...

I rocked the page burn parties, leveled a ton of classes to 99 but damn that s**t got boring pretty fast. I just think the more games the merrier

Original Gaian

12,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
A lot of serious MMO-FF players are like that.

I'm like them too. They compare everything and I mean everything to WoW. Why doesn't FF have this like WoW? Why don't they have this like WoW? Why no transmorg like WoW? Etc... That's the majority of folks I've encountered in serious MMOs like FF. The audience for it is more ... lack of a better word... mature. So, of course most of them would frown upon the conversation of WoW because most compare it and call their characters ... *shudders* "Toons". I play WoW too and I only reference my characters on WoW as toons on WoW.

Anyways, immersion maybe? FFXI was indeed fun and I agree that expansion was pointless.
It's no different than, say, a console war. Certain groups of fanboys feel so strongly that A is superior to B, that B may as well not exist. That type of fanboyism runs in the FF franchise as well, with people who don't consider XI or XIV to be 'real' Final Fantasy games. Or pretend that X-2 never existed.

Magical Businessman

I've been thinking about getting back into the game for one last month (before FFXIV comes out and XI's playerbase just completely disappears. Though, I'm not even sure if my craptop can even run the game, despite being XI years old.) Last thing I was doing was working on DRG, which I think was around level 40 - 50 last I checked, only did two of the LB quests, so I don't have access to Abyssea and whatnot. I played on Bahamut, I only started again back in February of this year after hearing that the game actually became a bit more non-hardcore-friendly (I hated it back in like, '06, partying in the Valkrum Dunes and s**t, leveling once every hour, it was not fun.)

And yeah, I remember when FFXI first came out internationally, people were going crazy over it, but that was until WoW came out and took it's spotlight. emotion_donotwant

Timid Gaian

3,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
Viginti tress
Alright so I played 11 a lot. Got sick to death of worm and frog parties, honestly abysea was a disappointment. Anyways I have played a lot of different final fantasies as well as world of warcraft, when I play WOW no one EVER talks about XI they may talk about 6 or 7 but no one ever talks about 11...Yet people on 11 seem to despises wow with a passion. Now one of my bestfriends has played ff11 for like 7 years now or longer and she wont even stay in a room with someone talking about wow...Its like what is going on? World of Warcraft players dont even acknowledged ffxi or care...

I rocked the page burn parties, leveled a ton of classes to 99 but damn that s**t got boring pretty fast. I just think the more games the merrier

Try the new stuff in Seekers of Adoulin, you will be worked like a slave or broken in like a guy working 7 days a week 365 days a year in the new areas

Firestarter

9,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Lacy Rose the Cake
Viginti tress

Try the new stuff in Seekers of Adoulin, you will be worked like a slave or broken in like a guy working 7 days a week 365 days a year in the new areas
I did get adoulin i was not impressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces