Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nemesis is down for the count. Now all that's left is the dark aeons and penance.

I AM SO NERVOUS!

EDIT: Most of the dark aeons were push overs after being fully maxed out and having the right armor for at least three party members. The only one that gave me any trouble was Dark Bahamut.

Also... BWAHAHAHA! I JUST GOT A CHEAP VICTORY AGAINST PENACE USING ZANMATO!!

I paid Yojimbo over 9 million gil. First and only time I've used him during this play through. I heard Penance can take over an hour to kill and not to mention I'd also have to grind a whole lot more just to get the right auto abilities for my armor.

Aint nobody got time fo dat!

EDIT #2: And so the journey comes to an end. Nearly 160 hours of time spent in this beautiful game. Even after all this time it still remains as my favorite game of all time. And dat ending! Especially the part where Yuna whistles out to sea... gets me every time... crying

Versatile Receiver

Sooo I stayed up until 1:30AM last night and recruited Almighty Shinra, yaay. It probably wasn't worth it since now I'm at work and I had to get up at 6am but hey what can you do (vomit from tiredness).

He's not as OP as people have lead me to believe. Maybe when I get the GG that gives auto-crit for all creatures (I missed getting the aeon cup this time around because I suck).
REGINA SPEKT0R
Sooo I stayed up until 1:30AM last night and recruited Almighty Shinra, yaay. It probably wasn't worth it since now I'm at work and I had to get up at 6am but hey what can you do (vomit from tiredness).

He's not as OP as people have lead me to believe. Maybe when I get the GG that gives auto-crit for all creatures (I missed getting the aeon cup this time around because I suck).

I know dem feels.

I'm starting on FFX-2 as I type. I hope this one doesn't take me 160 hours to platinum. Even so, I didn't get to platinum FFX because I missed an Al Bhed Primer at Home. I was hoping the Home glitch still worked so I could get my way back into Home, get that Primer, save my game, then I'd have my very first platinum. Oh, well. I suppose I'll get in in a couple of years when I revist the game.

Versatile Receiver

Warrior worth onethousand
REGINA SPEKT0R

I know dem feels.

I'm starting on FFX-2 as I type. I hope this one doesn't take me 160 hours to platinum. Even so, I didn't get to platinum FFX because I missed an Al Bhed Primer at Home. I was hoping the Home glitch still worked so I could get my way back into Home, get that Primer, save my game, then I'd have my very first platinum. Oh, well. I suppose I'll get in in a couple of years when I revist the game.
Take comfort in the fact that Home is as far as you need to play to on your next file. You can still get the trophy if you use one of the spheres to import your other file's primers.

Versatile Receiver

Well... I'm fighting Trema. And by fighting I mean watching my creatures fight.

Shinra immediately used Hero Drink on both of my creatures and now for the last 29 minutes I've just been watching them attack him and take no damage from anything. It took them 20 minutes to get him down to 50% HP (when he used Meteor for the first time) so I guess it'll only be about 10 more mins at this stage. Yay, Hero Drink is so game breaking.

Edit: within 30 secs of me submitting this he used Meteor again. I think that marks 3/4 of the way there now. Hero Drink has now been active for 30 continuous minutes woohoo!
I'm having some problems with the PR and Marriage missions. I'm following a guide on gamefaqs and so far the guide has helped me out a lot. But, there are two girls that I've come across that won't even let me choose an option when I press the square button.

There's a an Al Bhed girl on the path to the moonflow, and a girl that looks like a crusader sitting near the inn in guadosalam. The guide is clearly telling me that these two girls are meant to be part of the PR and Marriage missions, but for some reason, nothing happens when I press square. I've even looked up some videos to make sure that they were the right NPCs.

I'm in chapter 2 right now. Has anyone had this problem?

Versatile Receiver

I'm having some problems with the PR and Marriage missions. I'm following a guide on gamefaqs and so far the guide has helped me out a lot. But, there are two girls that I've come across that won't even let me choose an option when I press the square button.

There's a an Al Bhed girl on the path to the moonflow, and a girl that looks like a crusader sitting near the inn in guadosalam. The guide is clearly telling me that these two girls are meant to be part of the PR and Marriage missions, but for some reason, nothing happens when I press square. I've even looked up some videos to make sure that they were the right NPCs.

I've also had specific NPCs that I just can't talk to, I don't remember if it's the same ones as those you're talking about. Don't stress about it though, you absolutely do not need them for 100% completion.

TIL you can still unlock the Aeon Cup in Chapter 5 so I've spent hours trying to catch a Jumbo Cactuar, but there's SO MANY L size fiends in Bikanel. And it takes me forever to find any ******** L Pods.
REGINA SPEKT0R

I've also had specific NPCs that I just can't talk to, I don't remember if it's the same ones as those you're talking about. Don't stress about it though, you absolutely do not need them for 100% completion.

TIL you can still unlock the Aeon Cup in Chapter 5 so I've spent hours trying to catch a Jumbo Cactuar, but there's SO MANY L size fiends in Bikanel. And it takes me forever to find any ******** L Pods.

According to the guide I'm going by, I need 400 pr points and 70 marriage points by chapter 5 in order to get 100%. It's got me worried, because I've never been able to achieve 100% completion of this game. Also, everybody in guadosalem won't do anything when I press square. Can you gain PR points by playing the games in the Calm Lands?

Versatile Receiver

REGINA SPEKT0R

According to the guide I'm going by, I need 400 pr points and 70 marriage points by chapter 5 in order to get 100%. It's got me worried, because I've never been able to achieve 100% completion of this game. Also, everybody in guadosalem won't do anything when I press square. Can you gain PR points by playing the games in the Calm Lands?
It's really easy. You can do it by the end of Chapter 3 don't worry. I usually just pick 4-5 locations that give the highest points and talk to everyone there.

What guide are you using? If it's not this one, start using this onehttp://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/faqs/22781 I've managed to complete the PR quest 5+ times with this guide.

Yeah you can get PR points from Calm Lands minigames but they're really really tedious. Talking to people is about a hundred thousand times faster.
Yeah, that's the one. Pretty helpful. Maybe I've just done all I can in chapter 2.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Ugh, Omega Ruins.

Ugh. crying

Demonic Shapeshifter

Stupid chests in the Omega Ruins. Trying to open them all; can't get more than 7 treasures before a stupid enemy pops out.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm having a lot of trouble with Great Marlboro ambushes in the Omega Ruins. I've looked for strategies online and everyone insists that the First Strike auto-ability will nullify the ambushes. Unfortunately, I had Auron in formation with Masamune equipped (has First Strike) and he was still hit by bad breath as soon as the battle started. Is this a change made for the international version, or are people crazy for thinking First Strike would help in the first place?
Yoshpet
I'm having a lot of trouble with Great Marlboro ambushes in the Omega Ruins. I've looked for strategies online and everyone insists that the First Strike auto-ability will nullify the ambushes. Unfortunately, I had Auron in formation with Masamune equipped (has First Strike) and he was still hit by bad breath as soon as the battle started. Is this a change made for the international version, or are people crazy for thinking First Strike would help in the first place?

Try for something that prevents confuse and berserk instead. Since even if you do get first strike, he can still use bad breath at any time.
I don't think I'm going to try platinuming FFX-2. I just tried a game of blitzball, and I forgot that they changed it from the first game. Why... How in the world am I supposed to even score? I checked out the in game tutorial and it barely tells you how to play.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff