Welcome to Gaia! ::

X-2 in HD? Okay, NOW I'm interested.

Fated Paladin

I got all excited for the FFX-2 International news because I just want to be able to play with Seymour and Lulu with Creature Create. Then I remembered I don't have PS3 or Vita. emo

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Kether Taninniver

I got all excited for the FFX-2 International news because I just want to be able to play with Seymour and Lulu with Creature Create. Then I remembered I don't have PS3 or Vita. emo
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

With all of the cheap prices for PS3s, now is your chance! c:

Versatile Receiver

Cupcakesu
REGINA SPEKT0R
http://www.gamechup.com/ffx-and-ffx-2-will-be-on-1-disc-on-the-ps3-confirmed-via-jump/

It's for real, FFX Int. and FFX-2 possibly Int., the text shown in the article is a little vague.

It's probably because it's currently 3am...but I'm feeling a little emotional about my two favourite games on one disc
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

If this rumor (which originated from 2ch) is true, I am going to die of happiness. Seriously.
I certainly hope that scan wasn't forged and shopped or some such thing. I want this to be real so bad. emotion_drool
Yeah, I looks like it could be forged but for now I'd rather believe it's not heh

Beloved Receiver

REGINA SPEKT0R
http://www.gamechup.com/ffx-and-ffx-2-will-be-on-1-disc-on-the-ps3-confirmed-via-jump/

It's for real, FFX Int. and FFX-2 possibly Int., the text shown in the article is a little vague.

It's probably because it's currently 3am...but I'm feeling a little emotional about my two favourite games on one disc

This kind of makes me sad. I was hoping for cross-buy, but if this is true than cross-buy is not going to happen.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I don't think you're going to see a digital download for it to be honest, so cross-buy would be an illogical thought to begin with. I don't even want to image the size of both X and X-2 in HD format. It probably takes up the majority of a Bluray disc.

Versatile Receiver

Final Fantasy X and X-2 (both International) took up most of a DVD. We're talking about 4gb each here (I just checked the discs).

Assuming the same general principles apply to games as they do to movies (they do... kind of. Games are generally going to be larger but for argument's sake it works), an average DVD movie is between 700mb and 1.3gb. An average Blu-Ray movie is between 3gb and 5gb.

Using that logic, Blu-Ray films are between 3.8x to 4.2x larger than their DVD counterparts. For arguments sake that can be averaged to 4x.

If that were correct then FFX and FFX-2 together would be approximately 32gb.

That's well under the size of a dual-layer Blu-Ray (50gb). Presumably FFX would be on a separate layer to X-2 anyway.

HOWEVER the idea of putting both games on a single disc is even more interesting because of the way the games were made. FFX-2 recycles such a high number of FFX's sprites that theoretically you could code FFX-2 to run using the sprites from FFX, by which I mean, FFX and FFX-2 become a single entity and both games are drawing from the same sprite resource, which again, would significantly reduce the size of the games.

Regardless I got a bit carried away there. FFX and X-2 Internationals would both easily fit onto a dual layer Blu-Ray but unless SE is willing to do a fair bit of re-engineering of FFX-2's code it probably won't be available as a download. 30GB+ is pretty difficult to justify.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I already thought Ni no Kuni's 20 GB download was ridiculously big. 30 would seem overkill.

Beloved Receiver

Cupcakesu
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I don't think you're going to see a digital download for it to be honest, so cross-buy would be an illogical thought to begin with. I don't even want to image the size of both X and X-2 in HD format. It probably takes up the majority of a Bluray disc.

I don't know, you can download Tomb Raider, which is a Square Enix game.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Here's the scan.
Tidus looks SO MUCH BETTER. SQUEEE~

User Image

Versatile Receiver

Cupcakesu
Here's the scan.
Tidus looks SO MUCH BETTER. SQUEEE~

User Image
Is there a high-res version of this that you've seen? I'm so desperate to read it.

Omg his hair is so different I'm having an embolism.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I can look, but that's the only full scan I've seen thus far.

Versatile Receiver

I did a reverse image search and couldn't find any in higher res. OH WELL there'll be one in the next couple of days I'm sure.

After much zooming and image-sharpening, from what I can read, Final Fantasy X HD is using the International version as a basis. We can officially confirm that this will be FFX International.

What I can't make out however is the kanji before the note about it being the International version, are they referring only to Final Fantasy X or both games?! Uwaa!!

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

I'd certainly hope they make BOTH the International version. It would be such a tease if it was only one of them. >:L

Versatile Receiver

There's a couple of notes on the page but CURSE THE LOW RES I AM TRYING DESPERATELY TO MAKE OUT WHAT IT SAYS emotion_donotwant

Some news however is that one of the notes seemingly refers to both games as International. Cannot 100% confirm until I have a high res scan though.

SUPER HUGE EXCITING EDIT: IGN have reported (apparently from Shonen Jump, the magazine the scan is from) that both versions of the game will be International.

I'm screaming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces