Welcome to Gaia! ::

Squall and everyone is now for the PC. Thoughts?

Yippee! Now can we get IX!? 0.23809523809524 23.8% [ 5 ]
Well, more goodies, I'll take that! 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
Still prefer my PS1 or PS3/P Port copy. 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 6 ]
... Whatever. 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 >

Friendly Bookworm

We have VII for the PC, now VIII has now stepped up and is now avaiable on Steam and the online Square Enix Store.

The new specs along with this digital download are:
Quote:
Optimised for modern HD PCs and fully integrated with the Steam platform, this version includes a range of new features such as a Magic Booster that enables players to power up their spells, Steam cloud support, and 45 integrated achievements to encourage players to explore various facets of the game. Also included is the Chocobo World, previously unavailable to Western players on the original release.

Official Article from NA Square Enix:
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-viii-digital-download-out-today

Any thoughts, opinions, etc?
Not sure if it's me, but the gameplay graphics looks enhanced biggrin

Versatile Receiver

new features?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!??!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

edit: TWELVE DOLLARS??????? I wish I didn't already have this on PSN so I could justify buying it again

I mean I still wouldn't play it but for $12 I'd buy a turd in a wig
REGINA SPEKT0R

edit: TWELVE DOLLARS??????? I wish I didn't already have this on PSN so I could justify buying it again

Well then have I got a deal for you!
REGINA SPEKT0R

Yeah, I regret buying it on PSN, the graphics looks shitty on the HD TV. Then again, I do want to play my old save files hehe
Raidus
Not sure if it's me, but the gameplay graphics looks enhanced biggrin

Wow, you're right! I remember when I could actually count the pixels on the character models.
They're wrong about Chocobo World, it was on the NA release of FF VIII, you just needed an imported Pocketstation to play it. Just like that extra game that was on SaGa Frontier 2.

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I might actually consider getting it even though I have it for the PS1. At least then it'll look decent instead of looking fuzzy because the TV screen is much bigger than the size of TV screen the game was intended to be on.

Versatile Receiver

Dr Geo
REGINA SPEKT0R

I laughed irl

Friendly Bookworm

At least the mishap with Final Fantasy VII with Steam was resolved this time around. I know it took MONTHS before it went onto Steam because everyone threw a fit about it. (I recall the comments on the Facebook page being "WHY ISN'T IT ON STEAM!?" when it first came out.)

Good to know that Square Enix took what happened, learned from it, and made everyone happy.
REGINA SPEKT0R
Dr Geo
REGINA SPEKT0R

I laughed irl
My job is complete.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Bleh. I want IX on Steam.

Codebreaking Phantom

24,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
Does this mean you can play with a mouse and keyboard or does it require a controller?
I chose "Whatever" because ******** that game
if i didnt already have 2 copies of the PS1 version(though one disk is messed up) and the PSN version i might think about getting it.
dunno if my shitty computer could even run it(though i know it can run an emulated PS1 version)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff