Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Laili
Well, there are other Final Fantasy games on the PSP you can play. I think they remade the first 2 for PSP. (I'll have to check that.)

Yes ^^ There is also a Tactics one on there.

Friendly Bookworm

Kathleen Starr
Laili
Well, there are other Final Fantasy games on the PSP you can play. I think they remade the first 2 for PSP. (I'll have to check that.)

Yes ^^ There is also a Tactics one on there.

Ah, thank you.

Anywho, back to Final Fantasy VII.

I only have one question out of the whole Complimation. How, where, and when were Kadaj and his gang came to life?

I know they're remnents of Sephiroth... but how?
oh snap its KATE
I'm going to be a pain and talk about Crisis Core (right after it stopped). I really want to play it, but that's the only game on the PSP that I want to play... So buying a PSP for that one game would be pointless. It'd be nice if it ever came out on PS2 though...

Oh and how is the game centered around Vincent (I forgot the name of it)? I was thinking about buying it if it was any good... Are the battles and game play like the previous game or is it completely different?

Crisis Core would fail horribly if it was out on the PS2, its far too short and you don't learn anything new.

Okay, sure its nice to see Zack and his story, how Aeris and him met, etc. etc, but the main thing was it was there to give Genesis a point now that he was introduced in Dirge. Nothing new is learned really and that relationship between Aeris and Zack never really grows, they hang out for a while, Zack builds her a wagon, Aeris calls him like 4 times throughout the game and he always says I'll call you back and then at the end he thinks of her as he dies. Don't get me wrong, the ending was sad as hell, cried when I first saw it, but it almost seemed forced to me that he thought of Aeris. I always imagined a deeper bond between the two and Crisis Core didn't give that to me.

As for Dirge of Cerberus, Vincent's game, in my honest opinion... its crap. Its a shooter, so you're in 3rd person almost like Devil May Cry but you can switch to first person. The controls are a little funky, and the story itself is crap. As much as Vincent is loved, the game is not worth it. Again, we learn nothing new about Lucrecia and Vincent, and a "Omg new danger!" story line is introduced. Its not really worth it, rent it or something and see how you feel but yeah... thats my opinion.

A question from me now: I've read that the compilation would be alive till like 2017, what more can they possibly do to milk the series? X_X
in the game FFVII Dirge Of Cerberus....

I GOT IT LIKE 5 DAYS AGO.

IDK how to cast magic..or how to get magic

can some 1 help me please!
i C h u n i

You can cast once you get materia. It'll be a materia keychain thats added onto the gun if I remember correctly.

Friendly Bookworm

Clouds_Lover
i C h u n i

You can cast once you get materia. It'll be a materia keychain thats added onto the gun if I remember correctly.

You're right Clouds_Lover. The materia is equipped to the gun like an accessory. Once equipped and with your MP, press L1 to shoot a magic spell.

Fortuitous Autobiographer

Clouds_Lover
oh snap its KATE
I'm going to be a pain and talk about Crisis Core (right after it stopped). I really want to play it, but that's the only game on the PSP that I want to play... So buying a PSP for that one game would be pointless. It'd be nice if it ever came out on PS2 though...

Oh and how is the game centered around Vincent (I forgot the name of it)? I was thinking about buying it if it was any good... Are the battles and game play like the previous game or is it completely different?

Crisis Core would fail horribly if it was out on the PS2, its far too short and you don't learn anything new.

Okay, sure its nice to see Zack and his story, how Aeris and him met, etc. etc, but the main thing was it was there to give Genesis a point now that he was introduced in Dirge. Nothing new is learned really and that relationship between Aeris and Zack never really grows, they hang out for a while, Zack builds her a wagon, Aeris calls him like 4 times throughout the game and he always says I'll call you back and then at the end he thinks of her as he dies. Don't get me wrong, the ending was sad as hell, cried when I first saw it, but it almost seemed forced to me that he thought of Aeris. I always imagined a deeper bond between the two and Crisis Core didn't give that to me.

As for Dirge of Cerberus, Vincent's game, in my honest opinion... its crap. Its a shooter, so you're in 3rd person almost like Devil May Cry but you can switch to first person. The controls are a little funky, and the story itself is crap. As much as Vincent is loved, the game is not worth it. Again, we learn nothing new about Lucrecia and Vincent, and a "Omg new danger!" story line is introduced. Its not really worth it, rent it or something and see how you feel but yeah... thats my opinion.

A question from me now: I've read that the compilation would be alive till like 2017, what more can they possibly do to milk the series? X_X

The only thing I can really see is a remake.

After all such a project would take about 5 years, supposing it would get started in a few years, that would leave it to be released probably right on the 20th anniversary. Even if it was started when FFXIII is almost at it's closure, it would still not come out till like 2014-2015. If they are to do anything else to the series, I expect a remake, after all it's what fans have been clamoring for the most part.

Truthfully I don't think they can stretch the plot anymore, unless they decide to do a DOC sequel, but I personally would rather not see them go that way, seeing the backlash that Genesis got from fans.
@Naedeslus --I hope to Jenova that a remake is not made. I mean... with all the spin offs and other story lines being thrown together.... its basically perverting the original story and they'd have to redo almost the entire plot to make things connect better than what they've tried, no? And they don't listen all that well to the fans do they? I mean, there are quite a few things that haven't been released on our side like Before Crisis and such though fans have asked. If anything, I hope they don't listen to fans and remake lol

@Laili -- About Kadaj and them.... my only guess is that when the red lifestream mixed with the green, as the end of the original game, that Sephiroth's will was strong enough to take a diluted form of his "spirit" I guess you could say. Each of the 3 were parts of his persona but weren't exactly strong enough to form the real him so they were broken apart. He is noted for having strong mental ability, so perhaps he controlled what was left of his will to manifest into the remnants.

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I think the remake will be made last. Or not at all. The whole "we need the original team or it won't happen!" thing, kind of sounds like an excuse.
Kathleen Starr
I think the remake will be made last. Or not at all. The whole "we need the original team or it won't happen!" thing, kind of sounds like an excuse.

Here's to hoping for the "not at all" part XD *chugs down some Ramune*

Friendly Bookworm

The only reason I want a remake is possibly that the price of the original FFVII on PS1 will go down. It's almost $70 a pop now!

I ended up getting FFVIII because I saw that the price was going up on Amazon.com. I'm going to see about getting FFVII for Christmas.
Laili
The only reason I want a remake is possibly that the price of the original FFVII on PS1 will go down. It's almost $70 a pop now!
User Image
dance mages....

i doubt a remake of 7 would make the price of the original go down.
if anything, i think the price of the original would go UP

User Image
DANCE!!!
celes grace
Laili
User Image
dance mages....

i doubt a remake of 7 would make the price of the original go down.
if anything, i think the price of the original would go UP

User Image
DANCE!!!

Aye, the originals price will most likely skyrocket on any site you find it on. It'll be "rare" compared to a remake that'll still cost 50-70 bucks a pop for the PS3. Either way, it'll be the same price whether you get the original now or a remake was made.

I'm more for a port anyway, like they did with FF1-6 for the PSX. Gave back what was loved from back then with better translation and tweaked a bit, but still those lovely graphics from years past.

Friendly Bookworm

Yeah. That might happen too. I might as well go thorugh garage sales like a mad woman and hope to god to find a copy at a cheap price.
Laili
Yeah. That might happen too. I might as well go thorugh garage sales like a mad woman and hope to god to find a copy at a cheap price.

Lol... probably your best bet...but good luck finding someone who will sell it for cheap these days.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff