Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD

Oh, I can see those deep meaningful things too, it's just that the deep, meaningful things I see in Crisis Core is so..... shallow compared to the original game. I think the quality of the work has dropped, even thought the quality of the graphic has improved immensely! I've been a huge fan of VII ever since I played it, and I just feel let down by all these pretty games that really don't add much (this is my personal opinion) substance to the original story. Sure, new characters such as Hollander, Genesis, Cissnei, Kunsel and such show up, and I think it's great that they show there's more people around the FFVII universe than just the ordinary. Still... I can't help but feel that they ruin it for me.

I really don't mean to argue with you - if I come off short, I really don't mean it and do beg your pardon! It's a decent game! I am deeply in love with Crisis Core as far as gameplay and graphic goes, and if it weren't for the "Final Fantasy VII" tag before the game title, I would probably deem it pretty much more decent than I do now. It's just that I expected so much more, and got so little. It's too fastpaced for my liking. It feels as if Zack and Aerith, for example, has only known each other for a month or so when he leaves for Nibelheim, and to develop such a deep love as theirs are supposed to be.... I shouldn't really stick my nose into this, but it seems so unlikely. And though all these small little details as the mails adds to the feeling "Hey, this is REAL!" it goes on for far too little time. I stared in disbelief on my PSP when the screen told me I was on my way to Nibelheim - "What!? ALREADY!?"

... I will finish it. I really will. And I will probably play it through on more time, this time on hard, to see if I have missed anything.

Oh, you should play the original game yourself! It's great compared to the compilations, in my opinion. I am, as I've already said, deeply in love with FFVII, and I will always keep my opinion that it is the best RPG ever made. So I really recommend it! blaugh

that is the first thing that i am going to do when i get access to a playstation, is play FFVII! frankly i feel like i am lacking without having had completed it or even started it for that matter!

anyway, i think that defending crisis core is something that doesn't need to be done. every one is entitled to their own opinion and you and i are no exception. but no matter what anyone says i still think that it is a fantastic story
Crisis Core tries very hard to SEEM deep and meaningful, but when you actually think about it, it's relatively shallow
Hypi
Crisis Core tries very hard to SEEM deep and meaningful, but when you actually think about it, it's relatively shallow

Yes, that was what I was trying ot say. It's really easy to see beforehand what they are going to say. Like all this talk about being monsters and that about honor.... Sure, deep and all, but presented (flung at) in the way they do it, it's certainly not. Crisis Core isn't deep, the way they have done it. It could have been, but no. Easy to figure out. Original game is, as I've already pointed out, a bit deeper since you don't get everything served on a silver plate. You're meant to figure things out yourself, and that's why I love it so much. There's almost one version of the game per person playing it, and an unending discussion as to what was really going on on the screen, right outside the screen, and way back in the story. Isn't that lovely? Unending material for great discussions with friends!

And then AC, BC and CC came and spoiled a bit of that fun by making all the deep meanings so.... empty and shallow. Presented in a nice sweet package of J-rock and undeniably beautiful graphic.

I still like the game. Beat Sephiroth yesterday, and am now slowly making my way to Midgar. I just still feel disappointed It doesn't reach the standards of the old game.

Beloved Friend

I did feel some depth in Crisis Core, especially at the end. But there were times I was like "That was pretty shallow. oO"
Laili
I did feel some depth in Crisis Core, especially at the end. But there were times I was like "That was pretty shallow. oO"

Well, that's true. The ending was very touching.
User Image
dance mages....

im bored so ill ask this question.

who'd win in a fight?
Emerald Weapon or Ruby Weapon?

User Image
DANCE!!!
... I HAVE NO CLUE! *hides in corner while everybody talks about Crisis core or whatever it's called*
*thinks about Kadaj*
Why are there so many SHM? (silver haired men)

Beloved Friend

-x Roxas Twin x-
... I HAVE NO CLUE! *hides in corner while everybody talks about Crisis core or whatever it's called*
*thinks about Kadaj*
Why are there so many SHM? (silver haired men)

Lets see, We have the main one, Sephiroth. Followed by 3 remnents (excuse my spelling)... and then you have the old men like Palmer! =D

It is like asking why Gundam villians have blonde hair and wear masks. =D

People have their preferences for villians. Square Enix likes SHMs and Gundam likes blonde haired men in masks. ^^
Yes, I love Kadaj more than Sephiroth. I dislike Sephiroth. Too evil. I mean, I love to be evil, but I have my evil limits.
If that even makes sense.
rolleyes

Beloved Friend

I only wish I can play Before Crisis. ><

I love the Turks so much but once again, Square Enix refuses to share witht eh rest of the world.

I had to read a translated script of 21 episodes of Before Crisis. TT
-x Roxas Twin x-
Yes, I love Kadaj more than Sephiroth. I dislike Sephiroth. Too evil. I mean, I love to be evil, but I have my evil limits.
If that even makes sense.
rolleyes
User Image
User Image
Sephiroth was a bit TOO crazy... a bit TOO psychotic... He was just too weird for me to even like him as a villain.

Beloved Friend

oO

Sephiroth just thought he realize something... and was obessed with it. Not crazy! xD

<<' I think I killed the sticky. TT

Shirtless Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm going to be a pain and talk about Crisis Core (right after it stopped). I really want to play it, but that's the only game on the PSP that I want to play... So buying a PSP for that one game would be pointless. It'd be nice if it ever came out on PS2 though...

Oh and how is the game centered around Vincent (I forgot the name of it)? I was thinking about buying it if it was any good... Are the battles and game play like the previous game or is it completely different?

10,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
I haven't played CC either... I want to SO BAD Q___________Q

Europe is getting the special PSPs too.... jerks sad

Beloved Friend

oh snap its KATE
I'm going to be a pain and talk about Crisis Core (right after it stopped). I really want to play it, but that's the only game on the PSP that I want to play... So buying a PSP for that one game would be pointless. It'd be nice if it ever came out on PS2 though...

Oh and how is the game centered around Vincent (I forgot the name of it)? I was thinking about buying it if it was any good... Are the battles and game play like the previous game or is it completely different?

Well, there are other Final Fantasy games on the PSP you can play. I think they remade the first 2 for PSP. (I'll have to check that.)

But Crisis Core was good, since I rented mine from gamefly... I am now being told to send it back.

But I don't want to. TT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games